To get your opponent going crazy, play weird OU! XD

Alright, feel free to make any constructive criticism you'd like. I'm by no means an OU expert. I know little about the metagame, but I wanted to give it a try. Thanks for all the help in advance.

gallade@ expert belt
adamant
evs: 64Hp/252Atk/192Spe
-hypnosis
-ice punch
-close combat
-psycho cut

This comes in, cripples stuff, and beats things up. XD Looks pretty fun to use, in my opinion. I have acess to ice punch, if I decide psycho cut isn't working out. Cripple leads are the best, imo.

snorlax@ chesto berry
careful- thick fat
evs: 168HP/120 Def/220SpD
-curse
-body slam
-rest
-zen headbutt

This is a bit of a different set for snorlax. I personally don't understand why people would not use zen headbutt on curselax. It helps get rid of fighters who try and take you out, and has a 20% flinch rate. Other than that though, it's a pretty average curselax.

jirachi@ leftovers
sassy
evs: 252hp/224Def/32spe
-doom desire
-wish
-protect
-psychic

Why sassy? Well, I'll tell you why; I have one that would work for this set. Jirachi has the defensive stats to deal with the speed drop.

deoxys-S@ expert belt
hasty
evs: 160Atk/252SpA/96Spe
-psychic
-superpower
-ice beam
-thunderbolt

This is one of my favorite revenge killers. :D Codename: Beast. With this thing's awesome speed, it can really ruin a team. It also, is to help alliviate the fighting weakness to the team.

Gliscor@ life orb
jolly- hyper cutter
evs: 120HP/200Atk/188Spe
-swords dance
-earthquake
-ice fang
-roost

This is my swords dance gliscor. Apparently, after a swords dance it has equivalent power to a yache garchomp. Anyhow, roost is there to recover during the set up, and get rid of its flying type if need be. With bulkyness, gliscor can dish out some damage. :D

kingdra@ life orb
naughty- sniper
evs: 4 Hp/252Atk/252Spe
-focus energy
-waterfall
-return
-draco meteor

I'd love to use scope lens, but it's a banned item. :( That is why I resorted to using this; a custom set, that I built. This, is to try and score as many crits as possible. Basically, you use focus energy whenever you get a chance, and attack from there. This functions pretty well as a wall-breaker, as well.

CTI

black
Nitpick: HP Rock will hardly do anything to celebi, since it doesn't hit it super-effective.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You say you are playing "weird OU" - but to me you are playing a game of "hopefully my opponent is not going to be prepared for this gimmick" which means that you will end up losing a lot more than winning. The point of a team is to make one of your pokemon unstoppable to your opponent - not just throw 6 things together and hope for the best.

Seriously. What is HP Rock Magnezone going to do? It is just asking to get walled by more things than it already does HP Rock isn't going to "kill" Zapdos and Yanmega any more than HP Ice considering Yanmega dies to Tbolt anyway and Zapdos takes the same from HP Ice.

This fact and the the fact that you have three EQ weaks without any resists/immunities and the fact that you are utterly walled by Cresselia just shows that you haven't tested this team at all, nor have you put much thought into it. If you haven't done your research into building your team, why do you want other people to do it for you? Put more thought into your team and then we will rate your team.

Wide Lens doesn't help snorlax much and Gallade with expert belt with only 2 attack moves isn't that great either. You have absolutely horrible move selection for most of these. Mega Kick sucks compared to Return and doom desire+hp rock?..

Here are my suggestions:
Gallade: Change to CB set with Either Hypnosis or WoW with 3 attack moves or use leftovers instead.
Snorlax: Leftovers, I don't think counter works well on it so I will suggest curselax with Selfdestruct or Rest. There's a difference between Crazy and plain useless. =\
Jirachi, sorry but Sassy won't work better than Calm unless you give me a good reason. I also think your evs are counter productive and you don't even take advantage of the neutral atk which allows you to use U-Turn.
Tentacruel - Replace with Jolly SD Gliscor. Snorlax should be able to soak up most special hits bar fight and possibly draco meteor. That should help your Fight/Ground weak.
Magnezone - Replace with Magneton and use Naive/Hasty max/max with spec+HP ground if you want a pure revenge killer. Otherwise stick to Modest. Timid with those EVs is highly inefficient, why bother with +speed when you only plan to run 16 speed evs?

This fact and the the fact that you have three EQ weaks without any resists/immunities and the fact that you are utterly walled by Cresselia just shows that you haven't tested this team at all, nor have you put much thought into it. If you haven't done your research into building your team, why do you want other people to do it for you? Put more thought into your team and then we will rate your team.
How about you actually help instead of always being pessimistic? He already said he's new to standards so there's no need for your childish flaming. Either rate without flaming or not say anything at all.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Instead of telling me what to do why don't you actually... back up your reasoning behind each change instead of just randomly changing teams? I'm pretty sure my "rate" was a lot more helpful than your list of changes. Changes are useless unless you have a specific reason why the change would support the team more - but when a team just lacks basic synergy (meaning it shouldnt matter if he is 'new' to standards or not) it's hard to make suggestions and we end up building entire teams for them. We are supposed to rate teams, not build them.

Instead of telling me what to do why don't you actually... back up your reasoning behind each change instead of just randomly changing teams?
Isn't that exactly what I did for the less obvious ones? If you can't figure out the rest which are common sense then you disappoint me. =\

I'm pretty sure my "rate" was a lot more helpful than your list of changes. Changes are useless unless you have a specific reason why the change would support the team more
How? You didn't suggest a single change yet you managed to hurt someone's feelings which accomplishes..nothing?

it's hard to make suggestions and we end up building entire teams for them. We are supposed to rate teams, not build them.
And yet everyone who posted except you have gave constructive criticism while you just flamed.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
Alright, let's see....

How about you actually help instead of always being pessimistic?
Merrian Webster said:
1: an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome2 a: the doctrine that reality is essentially evil b: the doctrine that evil overbalances happiness in life
Pray tell show me where I am being pessimistic. I believe the word you are looking for is "critical".

He already said he's new to standards so there's no need for your childish flaming.
So where am i being childish? I would LOVE for you to point it out for me. Of course, you would be a hypocrite for pointing it out.

Also where I have I insulted him? I did no such thing. I told him that he needs to put more thought into what he is doing - which is solid advice. If you think that is flaming then I'm pretty sure you're going to have a hard time going through life!

Isn't that exactly what I did for the less obvious ones?
Gallade: Change to CB set with Either Hypnosis or WoW with 3 attack moves or use leftovers instead.
WHY should he change to a CB set? Why can't he use double status? What does he gain from using a CB set? Why should he pick only one? What attacks does he choose?

Snorlax: Leftovers, I don't think counter works well on it so I will suggest curselax with Selfdestruct or Rest. There's a difference between Crazy and plain useless. =\
WHY doesn't counter work well with it? and Curselax with Selfdestruct? Are you kidding me? Why would you bother setting up with -speed moves to self destruct, a move you will never be able to use?

Also "why is it useless"

Jirachi, sorry but Sassy won't work better than Calm unless you give me a good reason. I also think your evs are counter productive and you don't even take advantage of the neutral atk which allows you to use U-Turn.
"Why won't sassy work better than Calm"
"Why are the vs counter productive"
"Why should he use U Turn, what does it do for his team"
"Why does he HAVE to take advantage of neutral attack?"

Tentacruel - Replace with Jolly SD Gliscor. Snorlax should be able to soak up most special hits bar fight and possibly draco meteor. That should help your Fight/Ground weak.
"Why should he replace it with jolly SD Gliscor?"

The second sentence shows how much you know of the game - "soak up most special hits" isnt a convincing reason to switch to Gliscor and get rid of Tentacruel.

Magnezone - Replace with Magneton and use Naive/Hasty max/max with spec+HP ground if you want a pure revenge killer. Otherwise stick to Modest. Timid with those EVs is highly inefficient, why bother with +speed when you only plan to run 16 speed evs?
Why should he replace it with Magneton, with inferior Defenses and SpA? Why Naive/Hasty? Why HP Ground over HP Ice, considering T Bolt does more than HP Ground to everything except Heatran and Probopass?

Why is Timid with those EVs highly inefficient? You do realize certain natures yield more stats than others, right?

So forbidden, are you sure you can give me crap about this? Oh, "I hurt someone's feelings" - maybe he should learn that I'm only trying to help - why else would I bother rating teams? Maybe he should just learn how to accept criticism, THEN maybe he'll get better.

And yet everyone who posted except you have gave constructive criticism while you just flamed.
I'm pretty sure my comments were a lot more constructive than yours. Your rates are a complete joke and doesnt help the player at all. The only reason you even bothered to reply is because *I* posted the criticism and of course, you're still holding grudges over when I had reminded you mini modding was against the rules when you pointed out to me when there are no rules against mini modding.

1. Alright guys, no need to flame eachother. I'm not offended, it's alright. Though I must say, I could have gottent the tangerine response at gamefaqs.(with a little less intelligence) >_>

2. No tangerine, my team has not been tested. I made it up this afternoon actually. I always post my teams, before I test them. I personally think it's better to get suggestions to make the team better before I try it, and make my battle record worse, due to losing.

3. I'm going to try and figure out another idea for that magnezone. I probably will just have it say as a mageneton. I'll see if I can find another set for it. Hp rock is rather useless, now that you say that... I just put that, because I have this magneton to work with. Magneton has more speed tangerine, that's why he suggested that...

Max Au's Magneton
Magnet Pull

Timid
31/31/30/31/30/30 (Hidden Power Rock 70)

4. Alright... I'll change mega kick to body slam. I'll change that, as well as make it a standard curse lax.

5. Wouldn't switching the jirachi to an umbreon be more efficient, than having tenta turn into gliscor? That would give wish support, while not making another ice weakness.

EDIT: and finally, I CAN actually battle decent. I'm just used to the UU environment.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
I know why forbidden suggested Magneton over Magnezone. But what's the point - he doesnt even tell you *why* you want more speed. The point of rates is to help people out, help people learn, and help them get better - with rates like that people will never, ever, get better.

I like to ask only questions and never prove my own point.
I suggest you look at this http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/snorlax

I've had 2 other people look at my suggestions and found that they were pretty reasonable for the most part so you can ask all the questions you are want because deep down you already know the answers for all of them. ;)

Lose the ego and read your learn to argue guide..

/Ignore.

4. Alright... I'll change mega kick to body slam. I'll change that, as well as make it a standard curse lax.

5. Wouldn't switching the jirachi to an umbreon be more efficient, than having tenta turn into gliscor? That would give wish support, while not making another ice weakness.

EDIT: and finally, I CAN actually battle decent. I'm just used to the UU environment.
Jirachi has very nice resistances and snorlax can soak up common special moves like Fire Blast/Surf/Ice Beam so I suggested Gliscor. Umbreon is not immune to ground and weak to fight which you need to cover on your team.

I know why forbidden suggested Magneton over Magnezone. But what's the point - he doesnt even tell you *why* you want more speed.

magnezone@ petaya berry
timid-magnet pull
Nuff said.

People did rate your team, you even got rated by an official team rater. Why don't you try out all the advice, and try improving it on your own through battling as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)