Team Matrix

Team Matrix

Opening statement:
Hi all. This is a team I have been using for quite some time now and it has brought me quite a lot of success. I want to thank in advance all those who spend their time to look at this team and giving your comments. This team is called Matrix, so as to signify the roles of each member, and to use this as one unifying strength to fight, as a team, together. Without further ado...

Mothership support

Bronzong

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/128 Atk/128 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Reflect
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

General comments: The Bronzong lead. While people are trying to come up with new and innovative leads, I'd prefer to stick with good ol'Bronzong. He is a top notch wall, and quite an important lead. Of course he does have his fair share of problems and counters as a lead, but when a team isn't ready for this traditional lead, they are going to wish they had not wasted those turns. Usually, if I meet with a sleeper like Gengar or Yanmega, I'd try to push my luck and SR or set up reflect. If they sleep me, ah well, at least Bronzong absorbed the sleep, better than the rest of my teammates. Bronzong is a good lead, nothing spectacular, but not suicidal as well, just good and reliable. He's a very good wall too, and he is the team's first line of defence. He is always at the frontier, ready to fend off strong attacks. (bluntly meaning, most of the time he is the first to get killed)

Reflect here is the star of the show, together with Light Clay. It gives the Physical support my team needs a lot, as you will see later...

Ace Avenger

Medicham

Medicham (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch

General comments: I was looking for a fighting pokemon which does revenge kills. So I tried all the popular ones first, Heracross, Machamp, Gallade.. etc. They were all superb, but then they lacked somehting. It is either they lacked speed or lacked power, or both. There is no X-factor in them, and they did not really work well with the team. That's when I chanced upon Medicham. Now, it is my favourite pokemon in this team.

What's so good about Medicham compared to her brawling cousins? That's when one realises those amazing stats. With a Choice Scarf, it gets 480 Attack and 388 Speed, something none of her brawling brethren can boast about. She fast and absolutely deadly. Close combat would make Medicham a monster, but High Jump Kick is already extremely dangerous coming from a pokemon with 480 attack. Medicham is like on a choice scarf AND a choice band. Whenever trouble looms, and defeat seems eminent, Medicham is here to stop that threat from obliterating my entire team. With Electric/Ice combo for type coverage and 2 great STAB moves, Medicham is a very potent killer. Resistance to Stealth Rock is a plus too, meaning Medicham can easily come in and complete his mission. That is: to destroy threats that threaten to sweep the whole team. You see that I use it to take down threats, not walls. Walls usually have retarded moves to hinder Medicham permanently, so I try not to use Medicham on walls as much as possible.

Tactical Thunder Unit

Zapdos
Lightning bird (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/108 Def/38 Spd/112 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

General comments: Zapdos is a spectacular wall. It's unique typing is what really makes it so special. Elctric and Flying may seem like it has an ugly Ice and Rock weakness, but wait till you see the resistances. Zapdos is capable of taking on the metagame's top physical threats like Metagross, Heracross, Lucario, and Gyarados, and various tanks and walls like Hippowdon and Gliscor. Along with Reflect from Bronzong and Roost, Zapdos is one very hard bird to take down. The opponent will not like the sound of Thunder Wave either, crippling them, should they want to push their luck with Zapdos. And also, superior type coverage from Boltbeam combo. Whenever, physical walling is concerned, Zapdos, the TTU (Tactical Thunder Unit), will swoop down from the sky, to put some hurt into their sorry faces.

Rhino

Snorlax

Big momma (Snorlax) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 168 HP/120 Def/220 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Rest

General comments: I named it after the GTA vehicle, :"Rhino". This signifies that it is impervious (not totally but still) and utterly destructive, ramming over everything like no one's business. Curse just makes him even scarier, transforming a tank to a physical sweeper, all within one moveslot.

The big ol'Snorlax. Once a absolute monster in GSC and RBY, now it sits and lumbers its lazy body, as it watches the dangerous metagame unfolding in front of him. But the lumbering monster still doesn't care who or what, and continues to Body Slam any opponent he sees. Overwhelmed by his fats and Thick Fat and big belly, ill-prepared opponents cower in fear as Snorlax lumbers his way through special hits (most of them), and Body Slamming as if there was no tomorrow. And just a little reminder to Ghost type retards who think they can switch in unscathed on this huge lumbering monster on a body slamming rampage. Snorlax eats ghosts for breakfast with the powerful 'Crunch!' to end their sorry after-lives. Not to forget, Reflect from Bronzong to boost his wimpy defense. Snorlax is a force to behold, although he can't take hits as well as he used to. One thing is for sure, he is a darn good Heatran counter.

Immortal volcano man

Heatran
Hawt (Heatran) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 64 Def/128 Spd/252 SAtk/64 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Metal Sound

General comments: Here he is, the immortal volcano man, here to pulverise Steel types and Grass types, sending them to a fiery death. He is my main special attacker of the team, but then, still, there seems to be something I am not too happy about him. I feel that something is wrong somewhere, his moveset, or maybe his EVs. But still, he is like a 10 year old boy given a rocket launcher, shooting everything he sees fit to be shot down, all in the name of FUN =)

I now want to share with you a amazing story about Heatran. Situation: Dugtrio switches in on Heatran. GG Heatran right? As Dugtrio sends a powerful Earthquake towards the Immortal volcano man, Heatran has a slight grin on his face. The Earhquake strikes, and deals massive damage. The three-headed wierdo laughs triumpantly upon the murder of yet another victim of Arena Trap. But out from the debris comes Heatran. He's not dead yet! Apparently, it is Bronzong's Reflect that saves Heatran from a near fatal Earthquake. Heatran had some last words, and it was, "Eat this, sucker!" Heatran launches a powerful Fire Blast, and Dugtrio watches in absolute terror, amazed that Heatran survived his Earthquake. Fear struck him and the bitter truth hit Dugtrio hard. Dugtrio said in shame to himself, "I just got owned by a Heatran" The Fire Blast hits Dugtrio, ending the 3-headed wierdo's misery.

So that's the tale of Heatran surviving Earthquake.

Finally:

X-terminator

Salamence

Hitlary (Salamence) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

General comments: So this is it, the last pokemon. DD Outrage Life Orb Salamence. His power is just incredible, carrying the strongest Outrage in the entire OU metagame. I save him for last most of the time, but sometimes, Snorlax gets the honours as the final sweeper. Salamence is extremely powerful, and that's an understatement. Usually, when I finally reach to Salamence, it is a "Fight or die situation". Either I lose, or I win with a powerful Outrage sweep. All depends on the opponent's last few pokemons. Outrage Salamence is beastly, and very few can withstand repeated abuse from the best Outrage in the entire metagame.

Closing words: If you have read until this point, I would like to thank you for reading about my team. I would appreciate each and everyone's comments and criticism. This is my first time doing a RMT, but still don't go easy on me. I hope you will critisize as much as possible about this team so that I can find out its weak points and loopholes

Thank you.

just saying that Pure Power doubles the base power of an attack. it doesn't boost medicham's actual attack stat. correct me if i'm wrong tho on that 480 Atk

It doubles the stat.

Also, That 0.5% could cause the whole game. Keep salamence, as it's stronger.

Also, That 0.5% could cause the whole game. Keep salamence, as it's stronger.
Sure, keep salamence, but saying it is stronger is... well, wrong. Mence's Outrage and Earthquake are only marginally better, whereas Nite has Fire Punch (10 bp more than Fire Fang) to play around with.

DDmence has two advantages over DDnite.

1. Intimidate sometimes makes set-up easier
2. It's faster.

The latter is the main selling point of DDmence. After one dragon dance, it will outrun most things in the metagame, whereas DDnite must be jolly to outrun Scarfcross and friends. This is where the difference between the two is, and this is the reason DDmence is better than DDnite.

Just felt I'd point that out, lest people start believing DDmence is actually more powerful than nite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)