Team 4 UU Trick Room

4 UU TRICK ROOM

Overview:

Introduction:
This is a standard team that has 4 UU Pokemon to make it interesting. I started using this when I was seeing people post NFE teams and they had a Clamperl. I was surprised at how the little thing could reach 540 SpA. I wanted to know how high this really was so I compared it to Choice Specs Kyogre. Specs Kyogre has around 550 SpA so that means Clamperl only has around 10 less SpA. I was so amazed that I started to implement it into a Trick Room team and that's how I made my team.

Game Plan:
This team is built around setting up Trick Room and then allowing slow unexpected sweepers to sweep.
Once Trick Room is over, then the sweeper will switch out to a Trick Roomer that starts up Trick Room again.

In Depth:

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Taunt
- Shadow Claw
- Destiny Bond

Description: Banette is in my opinion the best lead for setting up Trick Room. First of all it has Insomnia so you can't be put to sleep allowing you to set up Trick Room with ease. It also has Destiny Bond so after setting up Trick Room it should be at on low HP (but not dead due to Focus Sash) and be faster on the next turn (due to Trick Room) so it can Destiny Bond and bring the enemy down with it. Shadow Claw is actually a really strong attack. Banette has a huge base attack stat of 115 and combined with a boosting nature and max EVs in attack, Shadow Claw can OHKO common leads, such as Gengar, Azelf, Deoxys, as well as 2HKO Infernape.

@ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SpA
Quiet nature (+SpA, -Spd)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Electric
- Toxic

Description: This is an absolute beast in Trick Room. It has 540 Special Attack! Kyogre with Choice Specs has 556 except it can't change its attack. Surf OHKO most things. Ice Beam OHKO Salamence and Garchomp and 2HKO Dragonite. Hidden Power Electric 2HKO most Bulky Waters (besides Swampert though Surf is a 2HKO). Toxic is for Shedinja.

@ Leichi Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Power Trick
- Rest

Description:
This Shuckle has 614 defence. Now what happens if you use Power Trick. Well Shuckle will swap its attack with its defence and you get 614 Attack! With Leichi Berry activated at 50% HP or less (due to Gluttony) that gives Shuckle a whopping 921 Attack! That's the highest in the game. Can you say overkill? It will also be the fastest Pokemon in Trick Room unless you're up against a Curse Snorlax.

@ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 SDef
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Description:
Switch this into an Electric Attack (mainly from Slowbro) and destroy them because they can't switch due to Arena Trap. Crunch OHKO most Psychics (due to their them being Frail). Earthquake is your main attack. Rock Slide is for flying types. Quick Attack is for a quick finish to those low on HP from Focus Sash. May replace this with Rhyperior.

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/96 SDef
- Trick Room
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

Description: Switch this in to set up Trick Room again or if Banette failed to set it up. After Trick Room is setup, Hypnosis the Pokemon and then switch to either Clamperl, Shuckle or Trapinch to sweep. Gyro Ball is for things that you can kill and Explosion is to suicide when you know you are going to die. I might replace Gyro Ball with Earthquake to deal with Steels such as Heatran and Magnezone.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/44 SpA
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Hidden Power Electric

Description:
Switch this in to set up Trick Room and also when Gyarados taunts Banette. After that Calm Mind up and sweep, or if they start setting up you attack them. If they switch to a Pokemon and threaten with an Electric attack, switch to Trapinch and kill it.

This isn't UU. It just has UU Pokemon.

And yes I remember you CardBoardBox.

BTW I'm thinking of changing this team.
Maybe adding a bit of Sandstorm to it. I think I'll lead with Tyranitar to start Sandstorm to replace Banette. And also replace Clamperl with SashCacturne for my Special Sweeper. Finally, since it is sandstorm, Rhyperior would be better than Trapinch. Since if they switch I'll just Swords Dance.

Well, the team looks good on paper, and makes a lot of sense. The only problem is, Trick Room doesn't last that long. It's a given Banette is dead after setting up, bringing down the opposing lead too. With only Zong as your other TRer, you'll be in a lot of trouble one Zong dies.

Also, the only other suggestion I can give is scarf the remaining EVs on Banette, you'll only want the 252 Attack as you want to make sure you don't survive weak hits so you always activate Sash.

This team may have a problem against Tyranitar leads, eating both Banette and Zong for lunch, leaving the rest of the team easy pickings.

Also, is Dragonite seriously 2HKOed by Clamperl even with 500+ special Attack? I doubt it. All are obvious OHKOs.

Bronzong isn't allowed in UU so swap it with a Solrock. Also, try to get a Camerupt or Seviper in there. They are amazing Mixed Sweepers in UU Trick Room.

Hint 1: State clearly that this team isn't only for UU because most of the reactions are about it-_-
2: That shuckle is creative... but that's about it. He gives the opponent a free turn to set-up scizor because of the extremely low Def of shuckle after PT. Maybe an armaldo or Marowak?
3: The EVs on Banette are a mix'd bad. You could use 252 Att , / so focus sash has a bigger chanse of activating, but your EVs are also pretty good, again for Scizor.
4: I don't think rest is a good idea on Shuckle, you may replace it for Body Slam ( even after PAR there isn't much faster then your pokemon) or Sludge Bomb.
5: I'm happy to see another TR team:D Good luck

I myself have made a team that utilises Trick Room: Smeargle, Camerupt, Rhyperior, Starmie, Electivire, Staraptor. Admittedly, only two pokemon benefit from Trick Room, but it only lasts 5 turns, so I need sweeping capabilities both in and out of Trick Room.
It's something for you to consider: not every pokemon in a Trick Room team has to be slow.

Well, the team looks good on paper, and makes a lot of sense. The only problem is, Trick Room doesn't last that long. It's a given Banette is dead after setting up, bringing down the opposing lead too. With only Zong as your other TRer, you'll be in a lot of trouble one Zong dies.
I have 3 trick roomers: Banette, Bronzong and you forgot Slowbro

Also, the only other suggestion I can give is scarf the remaining EVs on Banette, you'll only want the 252 Attack as you want to make sure you don't survive weak hits so you always activate Sash.
What's wrong with surviving attacks? Sash is only there to protect it from dying and so are the 252 HP EVs. There's nothing wrong with still being alive after they hit you with something really weak.

This team may have a problem against Tyranitar leads, eating both Banette and Zong for lunch, leaving the rest of the team easy pickings.
Banette just needs to set up Trick Room and die. He's like a suicide lead that sets up and then isn't needed anymore. Destiny Bond is only a bonus. After that I bring Clamperl in and Surf is a OHKO.

Also, is Dragonite seriously 2HKOed by Clamperl even with 500+ special Attack? I doubt it. All are obvious OHKOs.
Well I don't know about that but when I was using this Clamperl in Shoddy against a Dragonite, the Dragonite kept Roosting because my Ice Beam kept doing around 55% damage. Then when Trick Room was over I died to his Outrage.

Bronzong isn't allowed in UU so swap it with a Solrock. Also, try to get a Camerupt or Seviper in there. They are amazing Mixed Sweepers in UU Trick Room.
This isn't a UU team. If you look at the title it says 4 UU. That means it's a standard team with 4 UU. I made it clearer by adding an Introduction to my first thread so I hope that clears things up a bit.

I don't think rest is a good idea on Shuckle, you may replace it for Body Slam ( even after PAR there isn't much faster then your pokemon) or Sludge Bomb.
I replaced it with Substitute.

That shuckle is creative... but that's about it. He gives the opponent a free turn to set-up scizor because of the extremely low Def of shuckle after PT. Maybe an armaldo or Marowak?
If he tries to set up I switch to Bronzong and sleep it. Then switch to Clamperl for the OHKO.

BTW I'm thinking of changing this team. I will add a bit of Sandstorm to this team so I am thinking of editing my team like this:
  • Switch Banette for Tyranitar - to get Sandstorm started.
  • Switch Clamperl for Cacturne - yes I miss Clamperl, it was what my team was all about and I miss sweeping with it. But Cacturne is also a good sweeper in Trick Room and more importantly, it gives me a Grass Resist and makes use of Trick Room.
  • Switch Trapinch for Rhyperior - Trapinch just isn't strong enough for me. Rhyperior is way more sturdy under Sandstorm, and can setup with Swords Dance even if they do switch. Overall he hits harder as well.
So what do you guys think of these changes? Can they work?

Awesome team bro. I'm a big fan of TR teams. I use to have a team like this, lol actually pretty much the same, just without the Trapinch it was a Marowak, and dif moves here and there, and my starter was Bronzong. I say that you don't switch the Banette as the starter, as T-tar is not as effective. You can kill his/her leads with Banette or stop it with a taunt, and even DB it. I'd replace the Trapinch with Rhyperior, but you're losing the revenge killer for a super powerful big guy. I've ran Rhyperior in a Sand Storm team and a TR team not to long ago, and even though with Solid Rock ability, it can still die very easily and not kill many things, unless it's carrying LO or does a Swords Dance. It's a solid team, except only way to beat this team, is if the opponent leads with a Taunter, for example: Aerodactyl, Deoxys-E, Gyarados, Crobat, etc, or if your Trick Roomers slowly start to die out with bad choice switch-ins, and you'd be stuck with slow only-way-to-win-is-Trick-Room, Pokemon. The Clamperl kicks total ass, you just need to either let the Banette die, or let something else be the death voder. I don't know if it's gonna run in OU/UU, (I'm pretty sure you're gonna run it in OU, or else you'd add it as a UU team in your title), and if you wanna put in Cacturne, then I'd just start with a lead UU Sandstorm user, such as a Steelix with Stealth Rock and Sandstorm. The Bronzong runs great with the Gyro Ball, with STAB and no Speed Iv's should do nicely. It can take care of Heatran, and other steel types, such as Lucario, etc. I'd replace the Lum Berry as I find it useless on him, you probably have it on him for sleep insurance or burn insurance. I'd switch the Lum Berry for a Macho Brace(lowers speed by 50% making Gyro Ball a bit stronger). I don't much recommend Leftovers on it as it'll explode it's ass sooner or later, and a Life Orb would be a good idea, but not really, as it can make Explode hell of a lot stronger, but it can also risk your life slowly but it comes in handy if you know you're gonna Explode the Bronzong sooner or later in the game. I rate this team a 9/10, very nice. - Nerf.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, with the Rhyperior, even if you do pull of a SD, it's pretty risky with lots of Roarers out there in the game now that'll blow all that time and hard work away. Sure he'll get a major boost from the Sand, but it can still die. If you do run a Rhyperior, I would run it with max Def, and let the Sand Stream do it's work to raise his SpD. Also, to everyone else who thinks he's making a UU team, he's not. He's stating that there are 4 UU Pokemon in the team, not stating that it is a UU team, because we all know that Bronzong isn't in UU.

Wow Macho Brace boosts Gyro Ball even more? Does Gyro Ball's power have a limit?

BTW every one's been saying that Bronzong doesn't need Lum Berry but I do need it for protecting me from Sleep-inducing moves. Paralysis doesn't matter because this is a Trick Room team and you're suppose to be slow.

Yeah, Macho Brace makes your Pokemon slower, so it will boost Gyro Balls power. I'm not sure if it has a limit, I assume that it's as powerful as slow as the Pokemon can get. Plus, if you look at the Bronzong movesets off of Smogon, you'll see they as well give you the option of adding macho brace to pop onto him for extra power, swing by it if you wanna read more about that. And true, Lum berry is your sleep insurance for it, but I've just never ran by another poke sleeping my Bronzong, so I guess I never thought of putting a Lum Berry on it as it had many other options for it to hold a different item, but personally it's up to you in the end. And yeah about the paralyzing fact, it is true that it'll make you slower, but also remember it can make you unable to attack, and that one attack can make the whole game change, so be aware of the thunder wavers. Also, becareful of Shadow Sneakers when using Banette, because you'll have to time the damage just right and predict how long it can last so that you'll have an ounce left of life to pull off a Destiny Bond, but then again Shadow Sneak will kill you before you pull off a Destiny Bond to take it with you. So I'd switch it out and knock out whatever or force it to switch out.

I found out that Gyro Balls power is between 1 to 150.
You calculate it by dividing your opponent speed by your speed then multiply it by 25.

Yes I know that Banette gets owned by First-strike attacks but he just needs to set up Trick Room.

Banette has a sash, so shadow sneak won't matter if it's using trick room. But come time for a dbond, sneak will prevent the dbond, so you will have the maximum three turns of sweeping with shuckle or whatever. In the case of shuckle however, you waste one of those turns using power trick.

Yes Gyro Ball's BP formula is BP=[25F/S] where F is the target's speed, S your speed, and [X] the greatest integer ≤ X. Yes, 150 is the limit.

You can use both versions of the team, with sand and without.

What does Banette survive really? You only need the 252 Attack EVs and a nature that boosts attacks and reduces one of its defenses...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)