Rate My Raindance!

Yo, this is my 6th RMT and I hope this gets the most rates. I think its a good team but you decide.

First Up:

Electrode @ Damp Rock
Hasty
252 spA 252 speed 4 attack

-Taunt
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Explosion

Description: Gee, I wonder how a pokeball taunts you. Or does a magestic cultural rain dance...Lol. Anyway electrode is my reliable fast taunter who gets a kick out of a thundersweep and maybe even an explosion on blissey. Even though thunder has a lot of power, special attacks wont be enough. Not really anything original about this. The smogon electrode, not much else to say.

Next:

Omastar @ Leftovers/Choice Specs
Modest
252 special attack 252 hp 6defense

-Surf
-Brine
-HP electrick
-Ice Beam

Description: As you can see I need a shell of a lot of help with Omastar :naughty:. Curse my puns... Brine would be for low HP blissey or something else. Omastar is a reliable sweeper in the rain. Kind of a second clamperl...Anyways, need help with this people!

Third:

Huntail @ Damp Rock/Life Orb
Adamant
252 attack 252 speed 6 HP

-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Rain Dance/Aqua Tail

Description: Rain dancer number two, Huntail. Huntail is one of the best rain physical sweepers and for 8 turns can kill almost anything with waterfall besides super walls and grass walls, and shaymins. You get the picture. Since I need another rain dancer, I use huntail unless I can find another good one.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 attack 252 speed 6 HP

-Waterfall
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet
-X scissor/Stone Edge

Description: Kabutops would be uber if every wi fi match started off in rain. Kabutops is standard but it owns in rain dance with aqua jet and Swords dance and rain combo. With Life orb, this thing is a pure beast taking out a lot with its GREAT OHKO move. Stone Edge and X scissor are the only things I need help with. X scissor would be for Celebi and Stone Edge for gyrados. Help needed. I will do damage calcz however to see how much Stone Edge could do after a Swords Dance however.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Careful
252 spD 252 HP, 6spA

-Surf
-Leech Seed
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Description: Probably the most annoying thing EVER in a rain dance. Rain Dish+Leech Seed+Leftovers. It basically is using recover! Ludicolo is my third rain dancer without Damp rock however. Ludicolo makes sure my team doesnt get raped by jolteon without a rain dance along with Electrode with explosion and Toxicroak. But yeah Ludicolo could be a reliable wall.

And finally:

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Timid
252 spA, 252 speed, 6 attack

-Vacuum Wave
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball
-Sucker Punch

Description: Toxicroak is not water type which a lot of OU whores think it is, cant count how many times its been thunderbolted LOL, but it does benefit from rain. HP gets restored due to dryskin and sucker punch is for jolteon that will most likely thunderbolt it. It will OHKO a lot with NastyPlot and Vacuum wave, and with contious Nasty Plots is capably of 6-0ing someone. Just needed help with Shadow Ball or sludge bomb. Im thinking of going with sludge bomb but yeah.

Anyway so...Please RMT :heart:

Threat List with and Without Rain Dance

Azelf-Toxicroak sucker punches it, Kabutops Aqua Jets,
Heatran-Almost anyting on this team!
Jolteon-Toxicroak sucker punches/vacuum waves/Kabutops Aqua Js
Blissey-Huntail or Kabutops
Heracross-Can be a problem scarfed Major Threat. If raindance isnt up
Skarmory-Huntail or Kabutops or Omastar kills
Celebi-Toxicroak or Kabutops
Electivire-Toxicroak or Kabutops
Jirachi-Substitute+calm mind can be a problem regular wall gets outstalled by Ludicolo and Kabutops and Huntail teach it a lesson in rain
Aerodactyl-Electrode or Kabutops Omastar in rain
Snorlax-Huntail,Kabutops,Electrode
Gyrados-Electrode, in rain Omastar
Gengar-Anything in rain, toxicroak sucker punches
Vaporeon-Major threat, Omastar can kill with HP electrick Electrode thunders
Lucario-Same as heracross but vacuum wave does the trick, same as aqua jet
Machamp-Nothing takes a dynamic punch but anything switched in after will kill it.
Tyranitar-Can fuck up this team but I can always come in and raindance again. Anything kills it really.
Abamosnow-Same as tyranitar
Deoxys-S, same as Azelf
Scizor-Gets killed by 2+special attack Vacuum wave without special def EVs or light screen, killed by anything except for colo in rain.

Possible Replacement(s)

Probopass @ Damp Rock/Leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 126 spD, 126 def

-Rain Dance
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Stealth Rock

A few minor details:
On Toxicroak, Vacuum Wave is enough of a priority move for you, so Sucker Punch is not really necessary. Thus both Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb can be used. If you plan to use a support Ludicolo, use this EV spread: 204 HP / 76 SpA / 124 SpD / 104 Spe with a Calm nature. Huntail seems fairly obsolete to me. You have a Physical Sweeper in the form of Kabutops, some support, like a Bronzong could be used. I'd recommend you try out this set over Huntail:

Bronzong@ Damp rock
Impish
Levitate
252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def

-Rain Dance
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock
-Hypnosis/Gyro Ball/Earthquake

Rain Dance teams require a few factors to be ultimately successful: long lengths of Rain Dance, Stealth Rock, and the removal of some arbitrary Pokémon so that proper switches can be more effectively handled. Bronzong sets up Rain Dance for 8 turns with Damp Rock, allows efficient switching in by Exploding (possibly on a counter), removes a threat by using Hypnosis, and sets up Stealth Rock.

On Omastar, you could throw Rain Dance over Brine, in case you may need it at the end of the game, but it's not too important.

Other than that, Deoxys-E could lead your team, set up rain and Taunt and SR, but you can keep Electrode if it pleases you. It's quite an effective set, even in OU.

Good Luck with your team! ^____^

Is this UU/Bl or OU?

In either this team rocks. The only error I can find is ground weak. Maybe a mantine as a special wall?

Also about your vappy weakness... They usually arent offensive so all it will do is stall you. Just set up with kabutops and then pwn.

okay, but you already have a physical sweeper, and the amount of support you have on this team is quite limited. Is there a specific reason why you require 2 physical sweepers? and why is your EV spread on Ludicolo better than the one I suggested? Back up your arguments with some evidence.

Two Rain Dancers are good imo.

Bringing up the ground weak again. Lets say a T-Tar comes in. It poses an ENORMOUS threat. Screwing your rain; targeting your ground weak; taunts any rain dancers; dds up; oh man you are in TROUBLE.

A skilled T-Tar user will really put the hurts on this team. You can always replace something for a T-Tar counter.

Okay Olie, that would give me one physical sweeper and what am I to do when a bliss comes in and one of them dies? Did I say my spread was better, no, I said I PREFER mine. And Im not here to argue therfore, do not need any evidence. I prefer my set better.

Speaking of...
Dugtrio is very common as a revenge killer on Rain teams, particularly because they can outspeed Tyranitar and cause trouble for it. Just a standard CBset is usually enough, but you can experiment to see if a specific set works better.
Edit: Bronzong can explode on Bliss y'know.

@ Tyson: DD tar can fuck me up but look a tyranitar lead will most likely be a T-boah going for a sub or DD which gets screwed by taunt. I can ALWAYS come in and raindance again and Vacuum Wave, and Aqua Jet both kill it after 6DDragonDances, which I wouldnt let happena anyway, T-tar doesnt screw me up because even in a sandstorm any of my pokemons moves except for ludicolo will take a big chunk(special) or kill (physical) Tyranitar anyway...

EDIT: CB duggie gets owned by Aqua Jet and Omastar can take a hit. Vacuum wave might even kill it. Electrode if faster than Duggie and it can Explode on it Ya know

I believe that he was implying that CB Dugtrio would function very well on your team, and especially help control Tyranitar.

Seeing as Duggie will take care of tyranitar, and dugtrio will be another suckerpuncher not many problems replacing it for toxicroack

Although... Vaccum Wave does... Let's see:
66.58% - 78.47% to 252HP T-Tar.
This would also be a OHKO with a Nasty plot.
And Crunch and Stone Edge do not OHKO.
But if you still want to drop Toxicroak, go ahead, it's not really a bad move.

I swear to god Donut, you ALWAYS do this. You make an RMT, and then don't listen to anyone's advice.

Well listen to this. Tyranitar screws over your Rain Dance and with only one DD, it KOes every single member of your team. Yes Jolly Dugtrio outspeeds after T-Tar dances once, consider this, but what if it hits you on the switch-in. To me a switch-in is way more important then a revenge killer for T-Tar, as Kabutops can finish it off with Aqua Jet when weakened, and you also should be wary of attempting to switch in your Toxicroak against it. Vacume Wave doesn't OHKO and EQ is common on DD Tar and you could be caught on the switch-in, same deal. That said, Bronzong should go over Huntail. The set Olie pointed out should be fine, also take his advice with the Ludicolo set he mentioned.

Let me make a few more suggestions about making an RMT. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS mention the Ability. As Pokemon can have more than one Ability you know, such as the Ludicolo, well mention it anyway, no matter what. Also, PLEASE tell us if this team is meant for Standard or UU. It's really confusing, because we're all giving suggestions on OU pokemon, and the pokemon you considered was Probopass which is UU.

OMG dude, join the Apprentice Program and get a Tutor.

Definitely squeeze Bronzong somewhere on here. It's an especially good wall for a Rain Dance team because the weather cancels out the Fire weakness. Levitating Bronzong + Rain = no weak ftw? And then you can Gyro Ball Tyranitar or something. <_< Wash Form Rotom can add more defensive bulk and hit with STAB Thunder and pseudo-STAB Hydro Pump, but idk what would be best to drop for it, if anything.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Although... Vaccum Wave does... Let's see:
66.58% - 78.47% to 252HP T-Tar.
This would also be a OHKO with a Nasty plot.
And Crunch and Stone Edge do not OHKO.
But if you still want to drop Toxicroak, go ahead, it's not really a bad move.
Actually, you got to assume Sandstorm is running. Chances are that Toxicroak is going to switch in on Tyranitar, and with Leftovers, Vacuum Wave isn't even going to 2HKO due the Sandstorm side-effect.

I agree on how Dugtrio could be an great asset to your team. Dugtrio is an awesome Pokémon in tandem with an offensive Leech Seed Ludicolo. Leech Seed allow Dugtrio to 2HKO Blissey with Earthquake, and Dugtrio will gain 81 HP every turn at WORST - and that's if Blissey run 0 HP EVs. Dugtrio also survive an Ice Beam from standard Blissey, but some SpD doesn't really hurt either. :] You'll only need 365 to outrun Scarved/DD Tyranitar anyway - another threat to Rain Dance teams.

Needless to say, with Dugtrio, Omastar and Ludicolo usually pulls off some easy sweeps.

For your Kabutops, I would try out three attacks. Stone Edge is obligatory along with SD, and will seriously wreck havoc. X-Scissor however allow you to deal with Celebi and Starmie in one shot without SD, and in my experience they're extremely annoying to any RD team. Jolly is also a viable nature, to compliance for the lack of Aqua Jet, and allow you to outrun Scarved Gengar in Rain.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
In Sandstorm, Tyranitar takes 42.57% - 51.49% from a STAB Vacuum Wave from 271 SpA Life Orb Toxicroak. :) You're calculations fits without the Sandstorm though, althrough you overshoot with about 1%.

eh, I used metalkid=/
It's known for fucking up. I may have made some mistakes, or the program itself got a bit messed up.

Edit: I was just reading the previous posts, and wow Donutt, you've been a pretty big douche to me.
CB duggie gets owned by Aqua Jet and Omastar can take a hit. Vacuum wave might even kill it. Electrode if faster than Duggie and it can Explode on it Ya know
Yeah, switch Electrode into Dugtrio... I was actually referring to Dugtrio on your team.
Okay Olie, that would give me one physical sweeper and what am I to do when a bliss comes in and one of them dies? Did I say my spread was better, no, I said I PREFER mine. And Im not here to argue therfore, do not need any evidence. I prefer my set better.
WHY do you perfer your set ? WHY don't you like my set? did you test it? Just because this is your thread does not mean you do not have to back up your arguments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)