Sandstalling Madness

This is one of my teams, and it's based on stalling the opponent to death with entry hazards and sandstorm, then finishing them off at the end. This team has been pretty successful, but it has a few weaknesses I need help to remove.

Tyrant (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

This is my lead, a bulky Tyranitar. It's high HP and average defense lets it live one or two physical hits often, and it's average special defense combined with sandstorm makes it live most neutral special hits, and some super-effective. It sets up Stealth Rock for me, and uses it's other moves for offense and coverage. Sandstorm is an important part of my team to weaken opponents.

Scissors (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Bullet Punch

This is one of my 2 sweepers, a Swords Dance Scizor. I'm thinking of removing X-Scissor on this set, but I don't know what for. It's Bullet Punch does some decent damage to some common threats, like Skymin and Gengar. X-Scissor currently only really hits Swampert for me. Superpower allows me to hit Steel Pokemon hard, and can hit Heatran on a predicted switchin. I'm not too sure what item to use, so I've been using Leftovers to some success. 8 Speed EVs is for that Anti-Scizor Magnezone set, outspeeding it by one point...but now they run scarfs.

Magma (Heatran) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Electric]

This is my second sweeper, a Shuca Berry Heatran. It has high power moves and great coverage. The Shuca Berry helps it defeat pokemon like Dugtrio, and even Salamence. Hidden Power Electric handles Gyarados...if Waterfall doesn't OHKO Heatran (I'm not sure if it does or not).

Aqua (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Wish
- Protect

This is one of my two WishPassers, and one of my many walls. I run Hidden Power Grass to hit Swampert, but I'm considering making it Hidden Power Electric to hit Gyarados, and changing Heatran's Hidden Power. Surf is great STAB and hits opposing Pokemon for some slight damage.

Skarm (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Drill Peck

I use Skarmory to set out Spikes instead of Forretress, due to Scizor. Spikes is a great part of my team, dealing 25% of damage to all grounded opponents every switchin, when fully set up. Whirlwind allows me to phaze, and build up entry hazard damage. Roost is for recovery, and Drill Peck deals some damage to Lucario and Scizor.

Bliss (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Blissey is the last member of my team. I use two WishPassers for backup when one is down, or weak. Toxic helps build up damage, and causes switches to make my entry hazards cripple the opponents. Ice Beam hits Skymin, and if I can survive, Flygon/Salamence.

This is the end of my team. Here are some things my team needs help to defeat:

- Forretress, since they often just switch out of Heatran, while setting up Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spinning.
- Zapdos, since Tyranitar can't 2HKO when it Roosts, and due to no STAB, Earthquake can't hurt it much when it Roosts (Usually about 40%).

I should be able to remove almost any of my pokemon, except Skarmory, Heatran and maybe Vaporeon. Tyranitar might be able to get replaced with Hippowdon, but Hippowdon lacks the offensive power...but I may due to Roar. Please help my team!

MixApe with Life Orb sweeps your whole team.

Nasty Plots as your Tyranitar SRs.

Then he Close Combats your Tyranitar and kills it, you can't switch in anything to block that because it will take a lot of damage.

Scizor dies to Flamethrower.

Heatran dies to Close Combat.

Vaporeon dies to Grass Knot after a Nasty Plot.

Skarmory dies to Flamethrower.

Blissey dies to Close Combat.

I suggest you you replace something for Dugtrio to revenge kill stuff or if you like a stalling team more, replace something for Tentacruel that can also set up toxic spikes.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i dont see the need for hp grass on vaporeon, swamperts not gonna beat vaporeon any time soon. Maybe ice beam > hp grass. Nearly all of your team is walled by the skarmbliss combo, (scizor needs 2 SD's to beat skarm). If lucario gets a SD watch out. You could try a rotom form to block rapid spin and help beat lucario.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)