5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In the next gen, I would love to see more Eevees, like Ferreon (Steel), or Spectreon (Ghost). Furthermore, I think Gamefreak should entertain making a Light type with could be SE on Dark, because Psychic seems to be pawned off as a "Light-type" (Espeon as the counterpart to Umbreon, evolving in the day). Finally I would also like to see a special Intimidate and also something along the lines of this:
Inner Ritual (name I came up with, but doesn't really matter)
+6 to SpAtk at the cost of 50% health. Basically a Special Belly Drum.

I agree, it doesn't help the metagame at all, it's just there as a lame excuse to get one more Pokemon to catch and most of the baby are pretty uninteresting as a hole. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a great idea when the 2nd generation came, but now...
Although I agree with this, remember, Pokemon isn't made just for our competitive purposes...

Oh and I dislike people who suggest that a Light type should be made as a Dark type opposite. The Dark type is called the Evil type in Japanese. What would a Light type be? Light would not be the opposite of Evil in Japanese. A true opposite would be the Pure type or the Good type (something along those lines) which doesn't really make sense as a type.

Not to mention that Dark and Steel were only introduced to balance out the overpowered Psychic type. Dark is not overpowered so a Light type is not needed.
I'd put it in my sig and parade around Serebii if I could somehow stomach the lame.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
What I think they should have done with the new babies is giving them exclusive moves, just like Sing Azurill and Charm Happiny. This IS something useful (although lame) for them. Munchlax would be an amazing pokémon if it could get Slack Off instead of Curse =(

Baby Pokemon are fine with me, as long as they introduce more moves to the line.
Examples of useful babies: Wynaut (Charm, Encore), Pichu (Volt Tackle), even Budew.
Then you've got your Chinglings :/

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been waiting for them to change the starter pokemon's typing. I mean, how many different grass/fire/water pokemon do we need?

On another thought, I always thought it would be cool to have a (legendary?) pokemon whose typing made it weak to everything (if possible), but had the highest total stat sum ever.

Mario With Lasers

Lol Xia, I also have that in mind once. Two new types (yeah I know it's not gonna happen, but still), Angel and Demon (yeah I know we already have Dark); Angel moves would be NVE against everything, yet it would also resist any type in the game; the only Angel-type pokémon would be a legendary with pretty shitty BST (420, with Castform's spread?). Demon moves would be SE against everything, yet it would be weak to every type in the game; as expected, the only Demon-type pokémon would have gargantuan BST (720, maybe?). Not only that, but Angel would be offensive and Demon, defensive. That way, they get easily balanced...

Yeah, I know they wouldn't make TWO new types just to make these "balanced legendaries", but everyone can have their dreams, right. They could just make it with currently existing types. Give the best defensive typing to Angel and the best offensive to Demon?

How would angel and demon fare against each other? Now you have a predicament.
Hmm, next gen they should make 7 more pokemon, all like legendaries or something, then cap it at 500 forever...

Mario With Lasers

How would angel and demon fare against each other? Now you have a predicament.
Both types' moves would be neutral against each other, and one has shitty offense and good defense, and the other has good attack and shitty defense, so let's say it's a stalemate.

Hmm, next gen they should make 7 more pokemon, all like legendaries or something, then cap it at 500 forever...
That'd would be quite sad. Farfetch'd would never get an evo :(

I personally think that 5th gen will have many more brand new Pokemon than the 4th with a lot less evos and pre evos. It seems to me that the 4th gen was just an extension of 3rd gen who had huge variety of new pokemon that didn't evolve from past ones, just like 2nd gen was an extension of 1st gen.

Agreed. That would be wonderful, pure Flying sounds to be an excellent defensive typing.
Electric / Flying is superior in every aspect to plain Flying. The Electric typing negates the Electric weakness without adding a Ground weakness, not to mention the additional Steel resistance. Also, for a defensive Pokemon with only one or two slots for attacks, Electric is a much better STAB than Flying.

Electric / Flying is superior in every aspect to plain Flying. The Electric typing negates the Electric weakness without adding a Ground weakness, not to mention the additional Steel resistance. Also, for a defensive Pokemon with only one or two slots for attacks, Electric is a much better STAB than Flying.
Roost is one thing pure flying would have over electric. But if roost takes away flying type, then....?_?

I personally think that 5th gen will have many more brand new Pokemon than 4th a lot less evos and pre evos. It seems to me that the 4th gen was just an extension of 3rd gen who had huge variety of new pokemon that didn't evolve from past ones, just like 2nd gen was an extension of 1st gen.
Oh wow logic.

Castform needs a sandstrom form to go along with the boost he get's.

What if it has Mimic, or like many flying types, know Mirror Move. You can't stop it, especially when in modified servers.

What if it has Mimic, or like many flying types, know Mirror Move. You can't stop it, especially when in modified servers.
So what if it does? I don't get it.
Edit: Oh, the Roost thing. Why can't it just turn typeless?

So what if it does? I don't get it.
Edit: Oh, the Roost thing. Why can't it just turn typeless?
I'm pretty sure it already works like that. You can test it with a Smeargle knowing Conversion and Roost and then throw some different type attacks at it, particularly fighting and ghost.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It'd be cool if Lapras had two evolutions, one Water/Dragon and one Ice/Dragon. One could be physical-based and the other could be special-based.

I'm hoping for a xatu, taurus, lapras, and jynx evolution :nerd:
I'd like to see a baby calf that Tauros and Miltank split from. If it's male it will evolve into Tauros, if female, Miltank. In addition to that an evo of each of them would be nice too. Roselia already proved we can get a new baby and an evo in the same generation.

Here's some (really) wishful thinking: the next 600 stat total monster should be Dragon / Fighting.

Fantastic STABs allow for a neutral hit on every single type in the game...coupled with either Close Combat and Outrage and Dragon Dance/Swords Dance, it will be a true terror to face. But doubt it will happen...

You know what I'd like to see?

*Some changes to the type chart, particularly in Poison's favor. Maybe make it SE against Bug again? And possibly Water?

*a Luvdisc evolution/exclusive hold item. Seriously, that thing needs a boost or an evolution.

*NO Qwilfish or Dunsparce evolution. Those two work fine as they are. And they're neglected enough as it is, we don't need evolved forms hogging what little spotlight they have left!

*A special version of Dragon Dance. Y'know, ups Special Attack and Speed?

*Baby form of Tauros and Miltank. Also a baby that evolves into Volbeat and Illumise.

*Kricketune evo.

*A move that ups Attack AND Special Attack.

*The return of Kurt's Apricorn Pokeballs.

Well, New Non-uber Weather Pokemon Might be a good Addtion,
I think this was discussed earlier in the thread, focusing on 'ability tutors' for Drought and Drizzle. I think the conclusion we arrived at was that it would be broken outside of Ubers.
EDIT: It's already practically broken in Ubers anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)