Shaymin officially revealed in US

They officially revealed Shaymin the Us Pokemon site but there's no word of when it will be given out. All it says is to keep checking back, It also surprises me they revealed it so much quicker than when they revealed Manaphy and Darkrai.

credit to Pokebeach for the screenshot.

This effects nothing for us, however, since we already allow Shaymin.

Come back when Arceus is officially revealed in Japan, and you'll have a real story. I say this assuming that they will implement Arceus on the Smogon Uber ladder at that point, however.

I find this pretty funny, as Japan already has Skymin, a second form of Shaymin, while we are just now getting the original.

Oh well.

That's a good point, though; will they distribute the regular Shaymin before the Shaymin movie reveals Skymin to the American public, or will they wait until closer to the movie's release, when the Gladecia Flower will likely be distributed as well?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus

Nobody has mentioned this yet. Check out the last sentence. It specifically mentions D/P. Might they be planning to hold a Mystery Gift event Shaymin for D/P players soon?

The fact that it might be given out for DP, though, means that it can never become a Skymin. Unless the English version's different, only Platinum Shaymin can become Skymin.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm sure there will be a TRU event along with the 11th movie, whenever it comes to the US. And I'm sure, like with the Japanese ones, the movie Shaymin will be able to transform into Skymin.

ANinymouse, that may not be true; I heard the movie event Shaymin given in Japan was the only one that could activate the Glacida Flower event in Platinum. Seeing as they reference the movie in the article, it may be the same case here.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm sure there will be a TRU event along with the 11th movie, whenever it comes to the US. And I'm sure, like with the Japanese ones, the movie Shaymin will be able to transform into Skymin.
I think you hit the nail on the head. There probably will be a movie Shaymin event coming to the US. If that's so, I'll try to find a Toys R Us location around my area so I don't miss these things like I have been in the past.

Mind if I ask a simple question here? If you used the tweaking glitch to obtain Shaymin, and let's say the key item will be released via mystery gift, can you catch Shaymin again then?

Nope, unless you restart. The key item just lets you go to the area, where you've already caught it.

At least, as far as I know...

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Was it confirmed you could use the tweaking glitch to get to Shaymin? I didn't hear anything about anybody succeeding.

It's confirmed. A lot of people have tried it (including me), and it works. Although I decided to fly away from it so I could return and SR another time...

Mind if I ask a simple question here? If you used the tweaking glitch to obtain Shaymin, and let's say the key item will be released via mystery gift, can you catch Shaymin again then?
Who's to say that we're going to be given the key item instead of Shaymin directly via Wondercard a la TRU Manaphy and TRU Darkrai?

Who's to say that we're going to be given the key item instead of Shaymin directly via Wondercard a la TRU Manaphy and TRU Darkrai?

Well, That would be.. a long time from now.. after the members card will be distributed to Platinum English, same with the japanese platinum, Shaymin Wondercard will be given out this March.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)