First Diamond/Perl team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using this team in shoddy as a work up to breeding it for WiFi as I get time.

Overview
---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------​

Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP/36 Atk/48 Def/184 Spd
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

As per anlysis it takes on some comman leads, gengar etc

I also like it due to the nice coverage its giving the team to get me off to a good start in the fight.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

I just love starme and have for qite some time so its one of the first pokes to go in my team.

Thunderbolt deals with garados, ice for the pesky dragons and rapid spin for the stealth rocks I see to much of. surf well thats a filler not sure if i should replace it or not.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Roost

Wow i love this guy, what a sweaper, easy to set up end then it just punches things to death, also good for that silly pink blob i hate so much.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Another poke i noticed as was a pain as i played through on my cart so i decided i had to have one. Stealth rocks to give a nice free damage boost. hypnosis is always nice then blow up in there face once im done :)

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Have had a soft spot for dragons since RBY fire blast helps KO the steals, but all round makes a nice bit of extra damage.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs:
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled

The pink blob.... its a wall with bolt beam not to impressed with this would like some more power to end things faster... but maby I just dont know how to use her to her full potenial.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi! ^__^ I'm here to help you.

There are a few things I noticed about this team, first is that it's for Diamon/Pearl, not Platinum. Meaning that your Scizor won't have access to Bullet Punch, and kind of making him a useless member on your team generally. I'll get to that though.

At first your Tyranitar seems like a good idea, but in general, Bronzong does a better job of being a lead than Tyranitar could ever hope. Along with that Hypnosis is much more accurate in D/P, making it more viable on a lead. So if you moved Bronzong to the lead you'll get rocks up early and have an advantage via Hypnosis. Bronzong is slow enough to make good use of the speedy leads via Gyro Ball and Explosion is for when he cannot switch into take attacks any more.

I would then suggest chaning Tyranitar to the Band-Tar set, as your new Lead-Tar doesn't get anything done since Stealth Rocks may be down, and considering Bad-Tyranitar is one of the most potent threats in the D/P metagame.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Spe
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This tyranitar provides amazing damage to anything that wouldn't resists an attack coming off him. Pursuit is so you can possibly OHKO Blisseys when they switch out on you, fearing Stone Edge and Crunch. Crunch is like Pursuit except for when a bulkier pokemon is around and you know that they will not switch out. Earthquake is to hit steels/fire/electrics extremely hard, OHKOing most of them and Stone Edge is to hit Zapdos, Salamence and Gyarados. All of who are extremely powerful sweepers.

On your Starmie I would suggest using Recover over Ice Beam to help you live quit a bit longer. The problem with that if you decide to do it is that Starmie will not be able to counter Salamence, but we can fix that up with ease. Recover lets Starmie keep switching in and out without having to worry much about Stealth Rocks, also keeps her Healthy to OHKO a Gyarados with a + 1 Atk.

Since this is D/P Scizor lacks Bullet Punch, meaning your set is completely unviable. I would like to suggest a Platinum sweeper to your team though, as he can help with your Salamence problem.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 176 Spe / 80 HP
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge / Fire Blast

Flygon with this given set will outspeed a + 1 Salamence and OHKO it with Dragon Claw. It allows for early game scouting with U-Turn and is a nice electric immunity for your team. Fire Blast is listed if you want an answer to Skarmory with Flygon, and would like to hit the levitating steels, if you would like to use Fire Blast make theHP EV's into SpAtk. If you choose Stone Edge to hit flying types, like Zapdos better that is also fine.

For Blissey give here: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpDef this allows her to have over 700 HP and a good chance at surviving some weaker Physical attacks. On your Salamence I would also suggest: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP; this lets you become much faster and atleast tie with most other Salamence Dragon Dancers, along with that giving him Life Orb will make his attacks much stronger, only at the cost of 10% per hit. This makes a few 3HKO's into 2HKO and a few 2HKO's into OHKO's. If you prefer for him to heal though that is fine.

Hope I helped,
Empoleon

thanks very much for the help.

I didn't realize that Bullet punch was a plat move so thats my bad... but it makes one nasty SOB with it... will have to wait till it comes out to get that.

I will try swaping ttar and bronz round and see how it goes for a while with those changes.

as for starme i had a few issues with out icebeam... but i think that flygon will help with that so i will go back to the old set and try it out for a while.

thanks for the rate.

and more help is appreciated.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread is being locked under Rule 3:

Rule #3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you're having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
If you fix this up then PM me and I will unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)