Rain's Wrath (Rain UU Team)

Read Here...
Ok, this is my frist Rain based team: it's for WiFi only lol. Water is one of my favourite types of pokemon because for their power and surprise value lol, you'll never know what to expect from a rain dance team.
Now to the team!

Team at a Glance

Now Movesets

Loki @ Damp Rock
Hasty
Static
252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Spe
Rain Dance
Explosion
Thunder
Taunt

Standard ElecLead. Just set up the rain early, taunt the oponent from doing status or alike and the explode. I was thinking about giving Damp Rock to Electrode, but since he's too frail I decided the focus sash is better suited for him and for the whole team, his work is to set the first raind and hopefully take something wth it.

Loki: The Nordic God of Evil and Tricks, and Electrode is pure Evil lol.

Isis @ Damp Rock
Quiet
Hydration
240 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD
Rain Dance
Rest
Surf
U-Turn

My second Rain Dancer, she comes next to the explosion. Her job is to stall with Toxic + Rest + Hydration. Firts I was thinking to put the same EVs as Manaphy in the Toxic Moveset, but I think it won't work for Phione. I have the option of use U-Turn to scout for another sweeper or Toxic to stall, so help here.

Isis: Egyptian Goddess for Fertility and Economy, mother of the Gods.

Hela @ Damp Rock
Modest
Swift Swim
60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Surf
Energy Ball
Ice Beam
Raind Dance

Ludicolo will be my RD Back Up and Special Sweeper, my plan is to left Ludicolo till the end when my opponent's team will be frail and not prepared for a special assault. The EVs are for letting her sweep, I'm just wondering if the Rain Support Moveset will be better, hel here!

Hela: Nordic Goddes of Hell.

Ares @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Swift Swim
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swods Dance
Waterfall
Poison Jab
Explosion

Ok, my new physical sweeper and TS absorber, he can be a deathful sweeper under rain and if I cant do enough damage to my threat then just explode on it. I'm not sure about the spread but I think it's right?

Ares: Greek god of War.

Thor @ Leftovers
Calm
Volt Absorb
40 HP / 136 SpA / 252 SpD / 80 Spe
Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam
Rain Dance / Toxic

He's my Tbolts and Thunders absorber, also resist the BoltBeam combo and has a very bulky spread. Discharge for paralysis support or Thunder for more power and STAB, Surf for STAB while Ice Beam for coverage. Rain Dance to have another back up if the necessity comes or Toxic.

Thor: Nordic God of Lightining.

Ocean @ Choice Band
Adamant
Huge Power
212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Waterfall
Body Slam
Focus Punch / Ice Punch
Aqua Jet

Well this is my last Sweeper, I'm not sure about this so if you have a better pokemon let me know. This a Choice Bander Set, just hit hard and hard.

Well this is my third RMT, give me advice and correct mistakes please :P

Ocean: Greek Titan of the Sea.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
One weakness that many Rain Dances teams have is Toxic Spikes, and this team seems like it has the most problems in the world if those things come out. The best solution to this problem would be to use Qwilfish over either Kabutops or Azumarill. Qwilfish is part Poison, so your Toxic Spikes problem is taken care of, but it also functions as an extremely powerful Swift Swim sweeper along with Water/ Poison STAB, which actually has decent coverage. The thing I like about Qwilfish is its ability to Explode, which can really help speed up your team and help you get a faster transition from sweeper to Rain Dancer. Another thing that stood out was that you really had nothing to stop Fighters such as Gallade from ruining your team, especially if your Rain runs out when it comes out. I've found a good fix to this is to use either Rotom or Articuno, who can both take on Gallde with *some* success. Dont' worry about Arti's SR weak, that's what Taunt on Electrode is for. Speaking of Electrode, if you could get one with a Naive nature, it would be better to take on Abipom and Perisan leads. One of these would go over Phoine. The last thing is, you really have no way to take out an opposing Milotic. I suggest you run max special attack on Lanturn in order to deal as much damage to it with Thunder as possible.

Use a Damp Rock on ELectrode. It has enough defenses to not get 2HKOed by most things not named EQ. Test it out at least. You'll be surprised.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Give Electrode a Damp Rock and 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Spe spread. I don't know why so many people choose to run Focus Sash on rain lead electrode - with full HP and a Damp Rock, not only do you get 8 turns of rain as opposed to only 5, Electrode also becomes bulky enough to take most neutral hits. For example, with full HP, Froslass' Ice Beam is a 3HKO on Electrode. You will really notice the difference in your team's performance when they start the game off with 8 turns of rain as opposed to only 5.

I think that having U-turn on Phione would be the best choice, as it allows you to get your sweepers in for free. You won't really be wanting to waste your own rain by trying to Toxic stall the opponent; you just want to get your sweepers in and abuse the downpour for as long as you can. For this, I also think you should make Phione as slow as you possibly can. Go with a Quiet (+SpA, -Spe) nature and give it a Spe IV of 0, which will put its speed stat at 148. This is slow enough to have Phione go after base 60s such as Clefable and Weezing, meaning that it can take the hit from them and everything faster, and get your sweepers in scotch free.

I would change Ludicolo's spread to 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe to let it outrun +1 neutral base 100s such as Scarf Staraptor, and hit it before it can Brave Bird you. There are very few pokemon of note that you outspeed between this speed and max, and Ludicolo can't outspeed +speed scarfed base 100s unless it runs a +speed nature of its own. Ludicolo has quite decent defensive stats, so the 60 HP invested in it is quite noticeable. For the lower tiers I would stick with Energy Ball over Grass Knot to hit things like Lanturn for decent damage, instead of Grass Knot's poor base 60 =/.
EDIT: Sorry I didn't see where you said this was a wifi team. If you can, try and get a -speed Phione with at highest an 8 IV in speed. This will let you be slower than max speed base 60s, so if you are facing people who sav their walls with max speed, you can use it against them =).

Maddog mentioned how Qwilfish would be helpful for this team, and I wholeheartedly agree with him. Toxic Spikes are quite common in the metagame at present, and all offensive teams should really pack a spinner or grounded poison to deal with them. Qwilfish would be a viable replacement over either Kabutops or Azumarill. Personally I would say replace tops, as he and Qwilfish perform almost identical roles on a rain team, offense wise. For Qwilfish I would just run 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe, and give it Swords Dance, Waterfall, Poison Jab, Explosion. The speed lets you outrun +1 +speed base 100s and +1 neutral base 115s in the rain, and things like max speed Hitmontop outwith the rain. The small HP investment gives Qwilfish some extra insurance if you ever feel the need to SD up to take on a threat.

Your team is currently lacking a Stealth Rock user. SR is really essential to the success of a rain team, and that little bit of residual damage on the opponent's pokemon can easily make the difference between you OHKOing the opposing pokemon or having your rain sweepers take a hit. For this reason, I would really recommend you replace Lanturn with this Claydol:

Claydol @ Damp Rock
Bold
252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpD

- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect / Light Screen / Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Claydol is very bulky and will get you your rain up almost assuredly. It usually also has time to set up a Stealth Rock, and even a barrier before it goes down. Its Explosion is really handy in weakening or taking out a wall on the opposing team that would get in the way of your sweepers, and also means that you can get your Swift Swimmers in for free. Claydol also has a very useful Electric and Ground immunity, allowing it to take the attacks thrown at your rain sweepers. A resistance to Rock and Fighting is always appreciated too. In that third slot, personally I would just go with a screen. However, if you are not liking Qwilfish, Claydol can serve as your spinner to get rid of Toxic Spikes, and because of Levitate it won't get poisoned itself.

Finally, on Azumarill, go with Ice Punch to get the strong hit on the many Grass-types in UU. It is also a lot more reliable than Focus Punch. However, if you are looking for a strong Fighting attack (I personally would stick with Ice Punch in that slot), Superpower is always an option.

Good luck with your team.

Use Thunder instead of Discharge. The higher power and 100% outclasses Discharge. If I recall correctly they have the same paralysis rate too.

Azumarril does not want body slam, he wants return. He doesn't get to attack all that often so his hits need to count.

If you insist on running him with a water attack besides jet, make it aqua tail to OHKO Raikou. I would just as soon drop it for ice punch and and focus punch.

Consider giving Quilfish focus sash instead of LO. he has plenty of power with SD, and the sash guarantees one more turn to attack or use SD or explode. It also lets him switch into opposing sweepers and survive long enough to take advantage of his super speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)