A noobs first RMT.

Metagross @ leftovers - Clear Body
Adamant
Evs:252hp/252atk/8spe
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
One tough stealth rocker. Come in and set it up. Eq and MM like crazy untill the time has almost come then Explode whatever is in my way.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers - Pressure
Impish
Evs:252hp, 128d, 128spd
-Will-O-Wisp
-Confuse Ray
-Pain Split
-Fire Punch
Slight variation of the standard Tank set. Confuse Ray adds a chance that i don't even get hit as well as tempting my opponent to switch and take SR damage that he also can't spin away b/c of the ghost type block. Fire punch adds an attack that can hit all spinners (wouldve been thunder punch if it weren't for donphan). Will-O-Wisp is self explanitory. Then pain split as both a damage dealer and healer on this low health Pokemon.

Starmie @ Life Orb - Natural Cure
Timid
Evs:136 HP / 120 Def / 252 Spe
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
I went with the life orb over leftovers to give my starmie that little extra kick. The recover is there if I'm in too deep and my speed should let me get it off first. Thunderbolt over Ice beam so that my starmie can take out other waters.

Electivire @ Expert Belt - Motor Drive
Adamant
Evs:6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop
Stole it right off the first recommended move set of his page. I love the type coverage, and he can switch in on either of my special attackers (electric weaknesses) and recieve a motor drive bonus. With a little prediction this works.

Togekiss @ Leftovers - Serene Grace
Modest
EVs:252 HP / 140 SpA / 126 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Roost
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
My special Sweeper. Get in some nasty plots and not even a blissey could stand up to Toge's aura Sphere.

Aerodactyl @ Expert Belt - Pressure
Hasty
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Stone Edge
-Aqua Tail
-Fire Blast
-Earth Quake
This last slot is where I've had the most trouble. I want a late game another pokemon with some speed and preferably something that can hit hard. Ive tried CB Weavile and found him WAY too hard to switch in (maybe thats just me) and CS Medicham who just didn't quite seem to cut it. admittedly I havn't tried Aero yet so especially in this slot I would love suggestions.

Put Lum Berry>Leftover on Metagross.
Move those Spd Evs to SpD or Def in Dusknoir, his speed is abysmal so you're doing almost nothing with them

Because you're actually running earthquake on your lead metagross you should consider occa berry as an item.
Rapid spin + life orb on starmie doesn't sound very appealing unless you make it an all out sweeper starmie.
Electivire normally really simply isn't very good at sweeping; it lacks stat up moves, and simply normally doesn't hit all that hard.
Donphan is uncommon, and isn't hit very hard by fire punch anyway. The threat of a burn should be enough to scare them away.
I really don't like the idea of aerodactyl in a role like that. It really isn't the hardest hitting pokemon, and makes half your team weak to electic. At least that would make getting 'vire in easy. There are many better options for quality late game sweepers.
Togekiss doesn't appear as though it is really fast enough without t-wave support to use air slash to it's full potential; you could drop something for air slash, but I don't know what. I've never really used it, so I personally really shouldn't be giving advice in regards to it.

EDIT:
I think he meant 128 sp. def when he wrote "spd", as he put "Spe" for everything that had speed evs.

To be honest, this team could have some issues with DDTar, so I'd prefer to keep Leftovers on Metagross, letting it stay around instead of foolishly blowing it up.

First I'd like to address the sweeper problem at the end, yup I'm working backwards. Salamence works great. While 328 is a good speed, it won't get everything, but that's where your battling skills come into hand. Make it opportune where the thing your opponent has out is somethin you're able to set up on easily, and have tha tkill the current thing that's in. Late game a DDMence easily sweeps as Garchomp did, without all the luck.

Next, I see no purpose of Electivire here at all. Instead, I'd want something to help more so against fighters such as Heracross and Infernape. Let's add in.....jk nothing counters both. But I'd like a bulky Gyarados here. It's typing and resistences are wonderful for the team. Of course I just gave us tri-rock weakness, but I'm not finished yet.

Next up, I'd change Dusknoir into a Spiritomb. It can esentially use the same set, but has better HP while lesser defenses, but it gets rid of that nasty ghost and dark weakness that could annoy the fuck out of Dusknoir.

So now the team would be Metagross, Spiritomb, Starmie, Gyarados and Salamence. I left out Togekiss on purpose. It seems like electric and rocks could be an issue, so let's try a Swampert here, and allow it to take over the Stealth Rocking duties. It also allows Metagross to only be a check against Tyranitar rather than it's full time counter.

Ok let's start from the top.

I always find giving lead Metagross a Lum Berry helpful, as it will prevent it from being status'd at the beginning of the match. My suggestion for Metagross is you to invest in some Special Defense EV's for it, mainly so that it can handle Flamethrower or Fire Blast. Another option over Lum Berry would be Occa Berry, since this will allow you to withstand a Fire attack from those inevitable Heatran or Infernape switch ins, as well as Azelf leads. So your two options are Lum Berry or Occa Berry, depending on whether you fear being inflicted with status or being KO'd by Fire attacks quickly. My recommendation for the current moveset you're using is to tweak it a little. Try running Stealth Rock/Meteor Mash/Earthquake/Bullet Punch, or you could run Thunder Punch > Bullet Punch if you want to hurt Gyarados and Skarmory. Use an EV spread of 208 HP/76 Atk/224 SpD. This allows it to survive Choice Specs Heatran's Overheat once, then you can proceed to OHKO it with Earthquake.

Continuing with Dusknoir, I would replace it with Gengar, mainly because it's pretty good at blocking Spike removal attempts, although not as well as Dusknoir, and a strong special attacker is needed. I'd go along the lines of running an Expert Belt Gengar, running Focus Blast/Substitute/Shadow Ball/Will-O-Wisp. For the EV's: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe, along with a Timid nature, is what I'm recommending. On Starmie, Life Orb is usually another option over a Specs set when you're running an offensive movespread, and since it isn't offensive, Leftovers would be the better option. 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spe are the EV's for the standard Spinner. Going along with the rest of your team, it is indeed weak to DD Tar, like Aeroblacktyl stated earlier. My recommendation for this would be taking Electivire out of your team and using Machamp instead:

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ DynamicPunch/Close Combat
~ Ice Punch/Thunder Punch
~ Payback
~ Stone Edge

This will play the role of a somewhat Bulky Fighting type as well as being a big offensive threat. No Guard + Dynamic Punch will always prove to be a useful combination, but you could consider using Guts > No Guard if you prefer to use a more powerful attack such as Close Combat, because if you mange to switch in and get status'd, Guts will be activated and you'll be able to cause even greater damage. For the second slot, I'd run Ice Punch to effectively damage Gliscor, but Thunder Punch is there if you're more worried about Gyarados. Payback for hurting Azelf and Gengar, and Stone Edge for those annoying Flying types you normally couldn't hurt otherwise. Skipping to Togekiss, running Air Slash/Thunder Wave/Roost/Aura Sphere will constantly make the oppenent unable to attack due to flinching and paralysis. A more defensive EV spread like this will prove to be useful: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SpD. A Calm nature over Modest will make its sky high Special Defense even higher, so go for that instead. Lastly, you said you were having the most trouble with Aerodactyl. If you're wanting a late game sweeper with good Speed, a physical sweeper Gliscor will do that job nicely:

Gliscor @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
~ Earthquake
~ Swords Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Fire Fang

Although you don't have Roost to cancel out those LO recoils, this set has great coverage. Manage to get a least one Swords Dance and proceed to sweep. Earthquake is there for a strong STAB attack, and hits that problematic Tyranitar. Stone Edge is mainly for Gyara and Mence, but for other Flying types that could pose a problem as well. Bronzong, Skarmory, along with some Grass Pokemon, will not last long from Fire Fang, especially if it's boosted. LO + SD will prove to be really useful. Normally you have to watch out for revenge killers such as Weavile or Scarf Magnezone's with this set, but it's meant to be there for late game sweeping. Taking out those common threats before you switch to Gliscor will help this set be more successful.

That's all the advice I have to offer. I'm wishing you good luck with this team, and I hope any of this helps you out! =)

For a n00b team, its very good...I wouldnt call it a n00b team at all. It really is good. There are just a few suggestions...

Your Metagross is very well balanced, but I wouldn't give it the role of a SRer...I would slap a Choice Band on it and go wild with Meteor Mash. Its a OHKO on anything that doesn't resist it. Or I would give it a Choice Scarf...seing as its so slow, the Choice Scarf could let it outspeed DD Jolly Tyrannitar, turning into a great sweeper with Meteor Mash. Try and focus more on Meteor Mash...it can raise your attack, it has STAB 150 Base Power, and it is resisted by few.

For your Duskinoir, I would switch Fire Punch with Shadow Punch...it has low Base Power but with STAB it becomes a respectable 90. It can also hit every spinner, and hits Starmie for a OHKO 60 percent of the time. Will-O-Wisp is a good choice, crippling physical sweepers (besides Infernape and friends)...and whittling away HP. I would advise against Pain Split...it is actually a fairly useless move...Mismagius can KIND OF pull it off, due to its superior speed...not Duskinoir, though. Keep Confuse Ray. If you get lucky using it, it can make your opponents life a living hell. Combo with Will-O-Wisp for one real pain in the ass for your opponent.

I would advise against Life Orb Starmie...at least, when its packing Rapid Spin...maybe instead you could give it Wise Glasses? They don't give much of a boost, but on an all out special attacker like Starmie, they can make the game. Life Orb is too risky with Rapid Spin. I would give Starmie Ice Beam instead of Thunderbolt because of the fact that you have Electivire on your team. With STAB ThunderPunch, it can OHKO almost all non-bulky waters that there are. Recover is good to get some HP back, but you MIGHT consider switching it for Psychic. Its another good STAB, and if you are willing to risk it all with Starmie (my favorite way to use it), Recover is not that important.

For your Electivire...I think that Expert Belt is very appropriate with its moveset. Such great type coverage+Expert Belt can be devastating. If you decide to keep Starmie with Ice Beam, then you should take off Ice Punch and add Swords Dance...if you change Ice Beam, though, keep it with Ice Punch...theres not a lot to add on as, yes, you did take it right off of the recommended page :D

The SpecialKiss is good, but I prefer a FlinchKiss...if you use Serene Grace+King's Rock+Air Slash, as long as you attack before the opponent, they will flinch over 75 percent of the time...its really amazing, and downright AWFUL for who ever you are battling. The special sweeper works well also, though, ESPECIALLY with Nasty Plot. I would give it Life Orb here, so it can take out almost anything (barring Blissey) after just one Nasty Plot boost...and if you are using the special sweeper, go all out on the Special Attack EVs, just in case. ;)

And finally, Aerodactyl...along with Weavile, one of the best Revenge Killers in the entire game. I wouldn't give Aero expert belt beacause of so-so type coverage. Instead, I would give him CB. Stone Edge can hit very, very hard, even without it, and its DEADLY with CB...especially with darling Aero's amazing speed. The rest of the attacks are fine. And thats about it for our flying rock.

HAPPY BATTLING! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)