Chris Jordan - Photography

Came across this site recently: http://www.chrisjordan.com.

Don't know how many of you guys know about him, but Chris Jordan is basically a lawyer turned photographer based primarily in the US. But photos aren't the only things he does. Oh no. What makes him really stand out is his critique of excess consumption in modern societies, using massive "take up the entire wall" pieces that zoom in to show "x number of items, consumed by Americans in [short space of time]". Like this.

I was completely blown away when I saw it.

What do you guys think?

just posting to say that this is absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing. such an interesting take on art.

I laughed at the choice he made for breast augmentations.

426,000 cell phones discarded a day in just the United States?! holy fuckkkk

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The images are good when you see them, but awe-inspiring as you scroll down and see his zoomed in versions. It really, really gives you a sense of scale that wouldn't be possible alone. Amazing.

my roommate just showed this to me. i was floored.
ever wanna change the world?
You must really like his work to use a pickup line as cheesy as that, gorm!

Edit: I too agree with his message, though I find it futile. People are stupid and ignorant, in countries where education is nil and desperation is high this is magnified. It will change nothing, though it is painstakingly pretty.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
its looks pretty and all, but it looks like all he did was use the copy tool in photoshop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)