Summer Freedom IV Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Since we need to have 64 or 128 people(we can't have byes), if we don't hit that, what will we do with the other people? We'd select 64 and put the rest down as subs?

I'm in, though I will be gone at the beginning of August until the 15th, or so. Anyway, I doubt I'll make it that far, so whatever.

freaktron said:
Question: Since we need to have 64 or 128 people(we can't have byes), if we don't hit that, what will we do with the other people? We'd select 64 and put the rest down as subs?
We don't need an even power of two for a double elimination tournament.

96 seems like a good hit off. Anything more imo would probably take forever since it is SUMMER freedom, willing to bet people will last minute go on forced vacations with parents like after first round and what not, plus it'd be hell to get all the deadline in time for the fact of double elimination, also willing to bet there will be people forgetting to battle cause they'll forget that it's double elimination and not single. We could always cut off at 64 where first come first serve and what not.

I think you should include what double elimination is on the first post in order to make things more simple.

The signups will be up for a while, so I'll see what we're looking at. I know a couple people have told me they are going to join who haven't yet, (e.g. Natalie) so it's a little tough to tell where we'll be exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)