First OU RMT

I'm pretty sure you've probably seen enough of the "First OU RMT" titles, but I couldn't think of a better title. Without further ado, I present my team.
UPDATES
June 2nd, 2008
- Added Sprites to pokemon
- Switched Natures and Item on Roserade
- Changed Blissey for Vaporeon
- Added Checklist for all types of attacks

THE LEAD

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs:6HP/252Spe/252spA
Nature: Timid
- Sleep Powder
- Shadow Ball
- HP Ground
- Leaf Storm

It surprises me how this is UU and not OU. Roserade is an awesome lead, even in OU. Focus Sash allows me to sleep leads, and so, allows me to set up Toxic Spikes. 9/10ths of the time, Roserade will either force a switch, or kill their lead. Evs allow me to maximize sleep abilities, as well as giving Roserade the potential to sweep. I believe that HP Ground OHKOs napes, as well as Heatran, common switchins to roserade. Jolly allows me to outspeed base 100 speed pokemon without a +Speed nature.

THE WALLS

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188HP/252Def/68spA
Nature: Bold
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- HP Electric

Recommended by a variety of people. This used to be Blissey, but I realized after testing that vaporeon works much better, drawing in electric and grass attacks for Electivire, Flygon, and Roserade/Skarmory.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252HP/64Atk/176Def/16Spe
Nature: Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Drill Peck

Everybody complains to me about how cheap skarmory is, and all that crap. Personally, I don't care. They can say what they want, but the truth is, untill the combination becomes uber, I won't stop using this combination in my team, simply because it works.

THE SWEEPERS

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80HP/252Atk/176Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

This thing is pretty amazing as well. It usually comes in on a physical electric attack aimed at Skarmory, and usually U-turns to either skarmory or blissey, scouting for Ice attacks. from there, he almost never comes out again, unless to block another electric attack, or as a lategame sweeper. Lots of steel types? Use Earthquake. Lots of Water or flying types? Use either Outrage or Stone edge, respectively. Incredibly versatile.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 36Atk/220Spe/252spA
Nature: Mild
- Crosschop
- Flamethrower
- HP Grass
- Thunderbolt

This sweeper is another amazing one. I usually don't reveal this untill i'm either sure that something can't OHKO me, and I can OHKO them. With such a great Moveset, almost all common counters get killed, as long as they are slower than me. Also helps me against Skarmbliss, and Celetran, although they aren't as prominent these days.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248HP/252Atk/8Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

My revenge killer, possibly wallbreaker. Not much to say here, but it really helps my team's synergy. Can alternate between Flygon for U-turn.

Currently Testing:

None

CHECKLIST
Normal: Scizor, Skarmory
Fire: Flygon, Vaporeon
Water: Roserade, Vaporeon
Electric: Electivire, Flygon
Grass: Roserade, Scizor, Skarmory
Ice: Vaporeon, Scizor
Fighting: Roserade - Probably have to sac something
Poison: Scizor, Skarmory
Ground: Skarmory, Flygon
Flying: Electivire, Skarmory
Psychic: Scizor, Skarmory
Bug: Skarmory, Scizor
Rock: Flygon, Skarmory
Ghost: Skarmory, Scizor (getting bored yet? >_<)
Dragon: Scizor, Skarmory, Flygon
Dark: Scizor, Skarmory
Steel: Vaporeon, Electivire, Scizor, Skarmory

INDIVIDUAL COUNTERS
In development.

I claim none of the sprites. They all belong to arkeis.com

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hi and welcome to Smogon,

here are some advices on your team:

1) If you want to keep your roserade lead, consider giving it a choice scarf: common leads like Aeroodactyl and Azelf carry taunt and are faster so they will almost always force you out, Jirachi is faster and has a 60% chance of flinching on the first hit, Infernape has fake out to break your sash and finish you off with fire blast. Choice scarf Roserade can beat all of these pokemons 1 vs 1 and can still be useful later, during the match, as a revenge killer. By the way, fix the nature which is timid, not jolly. Also, if you decide to follow my advice, consider sludge bomb (mainly for Celebi) or shadow ball (for those annoying Rotoms and Gengar) in place of toxic spikes.

2) I believe that Blissey is not that useful on this team, instead, I think that a support Vaporeon would fit nicely in this spot. You don't really need a cleric: you have a natural curer, 2 immunities to thunder wave and 2 immunities to toxic. You need, instead, a counter for Gyarados and Infernape and Vaporeon serves both the roles. So:

Vaporeon@leftovers
nature: bold
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA
-wish
-protect
-surf
-hidden power electric

Vaporeon still covers Heatran and provides good synergy with Electivire and Flygon which can both come in on the electric attacks directed at it. Wish ensures durability to Vaporeon itself and to its team mates.

Good luck!

I add that you have an elevated weakness to MixApe, if your opponent succeeds in taking your Flygon in precit with HP Ice you are in trouble, I am favorable in to insert Vaporeon to the I intern of this team.

Hi and welcome to Smogon,

here are some advices on your team:

1) If you want to keep your roserade lead, consider giving it a choice scarf: common leads like Aeroodactyl and Azelf carry taunt and are faster so they will almost always force you out, Jirachi is faster and has a 60% chance of flinching on the first hit, Infernape has fake out to break your sash and finish you off with fire blast. Choice scarf Roserade can beat all of these pokemons 1 vs 1 and can still be useful later, during the match, as a revenge killer. By the way, fix the nature which is timid, not jolly. Also, if you decide to follow my advice, consider sludge bomb (mainly for Celebi) or shadow ball (for those annoying Rotoms and Gengar) in place of toxic spikes.

2) I believe that Blissey is not that useful on this team, instead, I think that a support Vaporeon would fit nicely in this spot. You don't really need a cleric: you have a natural curer, 2 immunities to thunder wave and 2 immunities to toxic. You need, instead, a counter for Gyarados and Infernape and Vaporeon serves both the roles. So:

Vaporeon@leftovers
nature: bold
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA
-wish
-protect
-surf
-hidden power electric

Vaporeon still covers Heatran and provides good synergy with Electivire and Flygon which can both come in on the electric attacks directed at it. Wish ensures durability to Vaporeon itself and to its team mates.

Good luck!
I think that both of these ideas are quite good. :toast:
May I ask about the EVs on Vaporeon though?

Sebastien Loeb said:
I add that you have an elevated weakness to MixApe, if your opponent succeeds in taking your Flygon in precit with HP Ice you are in trouble, I am favorable in to insert Vaporeon to the I intern of this team.
Usually, my main counter to an Ape would be skarm, but I don't know whether or not Flamethrower/Close Combat 2HKOs him.

I also agree that you should switch in Vaporeon instead of Blissey. It covers a lot of the current holes in your team and can lure in some electric attacks for Electivire. He already mentioned the EVs for Vaporeon in his post. If you do end up keeping Blissey though, change it's nature to Calm instead of Impish to maximize stats. One other thing is to change your Roserade's nature to timid instead of Jolly so that you have more bite on your attacks. I think you should keep the focus sash on Roserade as well, since any leads that would taunt won't like a Leaf Storm in the face

I also agree that you should switch in Vaporeon instead of Blissey. It covers a lot of the current holes in your team and can lure in some electric attacks for Electivire. He already mentioned the EVs for Vaporeon in his post. If you do end up keeping Blissey though, change it's nature to Calm instead of Impish to maximize stats. One other thing is to change your Roserade's nature to timid instead of Jolly so that you have more bite on your attacks. I think you should keep the focus sash on Roserade as well, since any leads that would taunt won't like a Leaf Storm in the face
Yea, but Nape would still own roserade if he used the Fake out/fire blast combo.

I was actually thinking of putting Lunar Dance cresselia in blissey's place. Comments?

haunter

Banned deucer.
What's not clear about the EVs on Vaporeon?

Cresselia is quite a bad idea in my opinion: yes, it counters Infernape but can't really touch Heatran while fire blast will do massive damage. And Vaporeon is, of course, a better choice for countering Gyarados.

About countering Infernape with Skarmory: it's a terrible idea, fire blast will always OHKO Skarm, so it's a no-no.

What's not clear about the EVs on Vaporeon?

Cresselia is quite a bad idea in my opinion: yes, it counters Infernape but can't really touch Heatran while fire blast will do massive damage. And Vaporeon is, of course, a better choice for countering Gyarados.

About countering Infernape with Skarmory: it's a terrible idea, fire blast will always OHKO Skarm, so it's a no-no.
Sorry about the noobiness, i'm sorta....new (For lack of a better word). >_<

I'm not really sure about all the damages #HKOs, so forgive me for stuff like that.

Anyway, I'll test vaporeon, and maybe ScarfRoserade in a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)