What's wrong with it? [NU]

The "Never used" NU tier

I hate how little NU you see as I think it's a really good tier.

At a Glance
-----------------------------------------------------
-

-----------------------------------------------------​

Jumpluff (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 Def/252 Spd/68 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder/Encore

This is my lead. It is the standard set to pull off Sleep Powder, Sub and Leech Seed. I chose Aerial Ace over HP Flying because using HP would mean a drop in Speed IVs which could hurt. I don’t feel it is very good but it can counter the Ground weakness that 2 of my Pokémon have. Encore required good prediction on my part hoping they set up SR or something similar and not attack.

Magcargo (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Toxic
- Protect
- Flamethrower

I’ve never liked Magcargo due to the horrible typing but it has key resistances that my team needs for example Flying. I chose Flamethrower over Lava Plume because of PP and Flame Body has a 30% chance of Burn hax anyway from a Physical move. NU is Toxic abuse all the way so obviously it’s on this set. Protect and Recover to allow Stalling as well. I need to watch out for Ground and Water moves especially. Light Screen would really benefit Magcargo too.

May be replaced by Dusclops

Pikachu (F) @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 152 Atk/252 Spd/104 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Brick Break
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Grass Knot

Now Light Ball boosts Pikachu’s Atk as well it is really good as a mixed sweeper. Brick Break can crumple Chansey if I use this in UU. Sub can keep me protected for a while. T-Bolt over Volt Tackle as Pikachu can’t afford to lose more HP from recoil than it already is from Sub. Grass Knot is there for the Water/Grounds that resist T-Bolt.

Medicham (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Psycho Cut

Pure Power is absolutely amazing. I can’t believe this is still only in NU. It doubles Medicham’s mediocre 240 Atk to a respectable 480 which is pretty lethal along with STAB Hi Jump Kick and Psycho Cut also Choice Scarf makes it’s Speed up to 388 which outspeeds everything in NU except other Scarf users with positive base 70 or higher. Ice Punch is useful for Grass and certain Flying types and T-Punch is useful for other Flying types and Waters that aren’t part Ground.

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake/Steath Rock

I’ve always loved Cradily and this set shows its full potential. Coupled with Sandstorm (which this team doesn’t have) it makes it even better. Toxic abuse again and recover to heal. Rock slide is a good STAB move however with Cradily’s measly Speed stat I doubt I’ll be getting many defending Pokémon to flinch. Earthquake and SR is a toss up. I have no SR on my team and could do with it but neither do I have a ground type move.

I’m considering swapping this for Slowking as it’s an amazing SpDef wall and does me well even in OU.

Meganium (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 216 HP/148 Def/144 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Energy Ball
- Leech Seed
- Light Screen

This is perfect for my Team. Along with being a good wall and support it has necessary moves to help the rest of the team. Aromatherapy helps counter Toxic abuse but unfortunately has a max of only 8PP. Light Screen boosts the team’s SpDef which Magcargo needs and Pikachu can also benefit greatly from. Energy Ball is better than Grass Knot here and I already have that on Pikachu. Leech Seed for obvious reasons… to drain the opponent and heal myself.

New Addition

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 130 HP/126 Def/252 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-o-wisp
- Fire Punch

Right this is to work like Dusknoir does. The EVs give Dusclops an equal Def and SpDef of 359. Fire Punch is there for the glaring Ice weakness and Shadow Sneak is a good priority move for any Ghost type. Although no Attack EVs leave it very weak (176 Atk) Pain split is very useful for recovering and damaging the opponent.

This team has a lot of flaws and I really need help to make it better. Thanks.
Oh it currently has no shoddy record as I cant get NU battles as of yet… I’m still figuring out how…
Sorry if this has broken one of the rules.

Well, I've never played in NU, but I can already tell you this:

Your team has a major weakness to Ice, so stuff like Regice and Glaceon will be murder to your team =/

Jumpluff can opt for Encore, which is really usefull as a lead.

Aside from that, I can't tell you much. Like I said, I barely know about the NU metagame. Good luck ;)

I see a lot you in difficulty against ScarfSlaking, then I don't see a lot of cover the weakness Fight if in combo with Stealth Rock, you could replace Magcargo with a Gosth to decrease these your weakness.

Well, I've never played in NU, but I can already tell you this:

Your team has a major weakness to Ice, so stuff like Regice and Glaceon will be murder to your team =/

Jumpluff can opt for Encore, which is really usefull as a lead.

Aside from that, I can't tell you much. Like I said, I barely know about the NU metagame. Good luck ;)
I can consider Encore thanks. I was too busy focusing on other weaknesses to notice Ice *Facepalm* how noobish of me. I do have counters for it though in the form of Medicham and Magcargo, however they may not be guaranteed to protect the rest of the team from the weakness.

I see a lot you in difficulty against ScarfSlaking, then I don't see a lot of cover the weakness Fight if in combo with Stealth Rock, you could replace Magcargo with a Gosth to decrease these your weakness.
Scanning throught the tier list I can chose a wide range of Ghosts. Banette and Drifblim ">.> Neither are particularly to my liking.
I could drag up Dusclops from NFE. It's pretty solid with Base 130 Def and SpDef and make it function like a Dusknoir if that's Legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)