My NEW Baton Pass Team :)

Hello Smogon, this is my first RMT thread, and my first attempt at a batton pass team :).
This team has a 50% chance in winning every battle (this is a rough estimate), and if it does win, it's usually always a 6-0.
So without further a due, let me show you my baton pass team!

The LEAD
@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
252 HP, 252 speed, 6 def
Mean Look
Ingrain
Spore
Baton Pass

I love this smeargle, I don't know if it's in the analysis, but I love it. Basically, depending on the pokemon, I will either spore or mean look. If it's a slow pokemon (swampert), i'll go straight to meanlook, let it get SR or get me to 1 hp and then spore on the next turn. I will then use ingrain and baton pass out there, to the apropriate stat booster.
This works very well, if it isn't shut down by taunt.

The WALL
@Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP, 100 Def, 50 Speed, 108 Sp.Def
Acid Armor
Aqua Ring
Baton Pass
Yawn

This works amazingly well. Ofcourse it's shut down by taunters, but by the time she gets out, the taunters should be gone.
I tend to go straight to this from smeargle, as it's usually slow physical attackers that I sleep. So I acid armor 2~3 times, and then aqua ring. If the opponent wakes up again, I sleep it and proceed to baton pass.

The second WALL (after +4~+6 acid armors)
@Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 sp.def
Amnesia
Baton pass
Substitute
Assist

This little fella is nothing to laugh about, once it has a few acid armors under its belt, it's basically unstoppable. I go to this from vaporeon, and amnesia one, two or three times and then create an unbreakable sub. Assist is here just for funzies, I could get another stat boost, or possibly another yawn / spore!
I then baton pass to...

The semi-last stage of sweeping!
@Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 def
Protect
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

This little bug can be a pain in the ass to take out. Even without the boosts, as long as it has ingrain, leftovers and aqua ring, it can set up as many subs as it would like, to stall out the opponent.
I protect or substitute, depending on what the oponent is going to use. If I have the boosts (acid armor, amnesia), I can make a sub pretty easily, and then make 1 swords dance before it breaks, and continue this process over until I get +6 attack and +4~+6 speed.
This works very well. Even a STAB stone edge can't kill it when it has the boosts.

And now the sweepers...

Sweeper ONE
@Leftovers
Adamant nature
150 HP, 238 ATT, 120 Speed
Stone Edge
Waterfall
Earthquake
Substitute

This set has amazing coverage, and once it gets +2 att, and +2 speed, it can be pretty hard to kill.
Nothing much to say here. Gyarados' are naturally bulky, so it can live through a STAB thunderbolt when it has +2 amnesia.
Waterfall for STAB. Earthquake for things like magnezone. Stone edge for flyers like Zapdos. And ofcourse substitute for a status preventer :)

The EVs I have given Gyarados is to make his subs a little more reliable. This allows me to safely sub up and 1hko or 2hko anything.

Gyarados is reliable switch to, as it isn't weak to most of my team's weaknesses, and it is immune to spikes, toxic spikes and ingrain, lefites and aqua ring heals back the damage from stealth rock and substitutes.

Sweeper TWO
@leftovers
Adamant Nature
6HP, 252 ATT, 252 speed
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunder Punch
Substitute

Metagross is my other sweeper, it has good coverage, and can ohko almost anything in OU with +2~+6 attack. It cannot have it's attack lowered due to clearbody.
The EVs and nature is to give metagross as much power as possible. This hits everything in the game with neutral damage, except shedinja ofcourse.
Everyone knows metagross and lucario are the best late game sweepers, so ofcourse he's going to be in this team!

END

The reason why I have 2 sweepers is to make up for my lack of attacks on my other members. It's also for better coverage. If i've seen most of the foe's team, I can them choose which sweeper is the best. Everyone expects a metagross or lucario at the end, so it's pretty funny having a Gyarados pop up and destroy the team. I'm thinking about removing one of the sweepers for another sweeper, or another supporter.

Please tell me what you think of my team, and I haven't looked at Smogon's analysis' for any of these pokemon. So it may look a little stupid :).

Please rate the team out of 10, and what I should do to improve my team. Thank you very much for reading this!

Try replacing Sub on the 2 sweepers with something else. But then again, I don't know if it stops Haze but if it does, keep it. Otherwise, I would use this!

EDIT: 8/10, since you wanted that:D

It doesn't stop haze, but if my smeargle gets mean look and baton pass off, then I can set up and sweep the team before they use haze.
Substitute is there to prevent crits (which ruins your gameplay horribly) and burn.

You have a very real problem with this team leading with a trapper. Metagross and Azelf are 2 of the most common pokes to lead with. They will blow up, potentially killing a poke with them as you are taking a couple turns before you even use acid armor, and then switxh into their phazer if they do kill a poke and your team is then done as you lack attacks on so many pokes. Vaporeon will be severly weakened by explosion making it an easy revenge kill.

You really need at least an atack on almost all of your pokes simply for taunters... you said that taunters would be gone in vaporeons analysis, but they wont be at all. You plan to trap the first thing you can. If they do have a suicide lead then they can go to a taunter and this team is finished as well since everyone should have an answer to a metagross and a gyarados.

Smeargle is better to come in on an agility and/or some defensive boosts as his stats are quite meh. And a shed shell will save him from struggling to death if you use ingrain and they switch in their taunter

Well the reason I made this thread was for some advice and tips on how to improve the team. Any suggestions? E.g. removing a move from vaporeon for surf etc.

Also, Baton passers want subs up for as often as possible to prevent crit hax killing them.

Vapreon-
I used this as a wich passer for my BP team, but perhaps
Acid Armor
Surf
Baton Pass
Substitute/ Wish/ Yawn ( you will have several sub users already so this one isnt as important)

Ninjask
Sub
SD
BP
X- Scissor

Furret isnt amazing, but I like the assist thing, it counts as an attack (I THINK), but you can still get a spore of some other random boost. However you now pack Sub and BP so often it isn't a great idead to go spamming it.

Generally speaking, speed is the most important aspect to a BP team, so using Ninjask early (though not as a lead) will be helpful in getting up those subs.

Take of the Sub from your 2 sweepers as they dont rightly need them and add another move for coverage, though this is optional I guess.

And everyone knows Bibarel is THE BP sweeper, lol. (though I actually do use him)

Max Gyara's speed and make it jolly so it can outspeed Jolteon with one speed boost should you HAVE to do that...

I think i'll change vaporen and ninjask like you suggested, but I need to keep the subs on the sweepers, you wouldn't believe how many times today i've gotten crits on the sub which would have killed me :/
It also prevent burn and para.

I think i'll change vaporen and ninjask like you suggested, but I need to keep the subs on the sweepers, you wouldn't believe how many times today i've gotten crits on the sub which would have killed me :/
It also prevent burn and para.
The point of your sweepers is to k.o. the metagame with preferably one hit. Metagross doesnt even need to worry about intimidate, and both resist the most used priority move in OU. If you are having trouble with crits then you likely are not boosting your stats to the level you should be for an efficient sweep. You can keep the subs, but you really arent supposed to need them as you could simply bp one to them in the first place...

You know a +6 sp.def metagross can be ohko at 100% health by a flamethrower crit? When it should only have done 60% if it was doubled, as it would have normally done 30%ish...

I DO know that... Its not hard to reason that is the case.

Do YOU know a +4- 6 atk, +4- 6 speed metagross should be havng its way with everything in the Standard metagame? It doesnt need to worry about crits because with nothing able to live through an attack, nothing can threaten a k.o. Why do you need substitute if you can OHKO everything in Standard? Its a wasted move slot to be honest. Another elemental punch would serve much more use since you should be baton passing a sub to it to block status to begin with.

Focus Sash is used on very few things other than leads like Azelf, and Azelf is a SUICIED lead meaning it will be eager to disrupt your BP chain as early as possible w/ an Explosion or Taunt.

He is resistant to Extremespeed + Bulletpunch, taking lol damage from even crit boosted hits. That is why I said if you are having problems with crits you are not boosting his stats high enough. I didnt mean his defenses, I meant his attack and speed. You must not have understood what I meant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)