Graduating from noobiness: A Battling 101 Tournament Finals Warstory

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some of you may have seen the battle between Adub_banded and Jiovaine(Starstorm98) either live or via log, but you havent seen it like this. Now you get to see what was going through both of our heads as we battled it out in the finals of the Battling 101 Tournament.

Here are some things I'll tell you about the format of this warstory.
  • My comments will be in green, Adub's comments will be in blue
  • Code:
    Battle log will be in code.
  • Leftovers will be removed (Starstorm- Swampert, Rotom, Latias; Adub- Rotom)
  • Poison Heal recovery will be removed (Adub- Breloom)
  • Stealth Rock damage will be removed.
  • Genders will be removed.
  • Icons for Rotom appliances will be represented by a regular Rotom icon.
  • Comments within the battle will be in red.
  • Score will be shown after each kill (Starstorm-Adub)
Starstorm's team

Adub_Banded's team

With all that out of the way, lets start this match!

Code:
Starstorm98 sent out Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert).
adub_banded sent out Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Axe has entered the room.
tab has entered the room.
[COLOR=red]Starstorm98: gl[/COLOR]
VaderPhish has entered the room.
[COLOR=red]adub_banded: you too[/COLOR]
lake has entered the room.
The game starts with good sportsmanship from both sides. I'm very relieved to see he has a Metagross lead which can be set up on by Rotom. So first things first I need to get Stealth Rock up.

So we say our good lucks and begin the match. I run a lead Metagross without Explosion, so Swampert absolutely walls me. I decide to do the basic thing that helps out all offensive teams; Stealth Rock.

Code:
Metagross used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Swampert used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Metagross-100%
Swampert-100%

Stealth Rock on both sides.

Ok so that was expected from both of us. Now that the rocks are up I can switch Rotom in and set up if he stays in. I doubt he will, but still its a good switch.

Ok, no surprises there. Metagross is walled and I like to save him for later in case I need priority with Bullet Punch. I have three switches into the Earthquake in this situation; Latias, Rotom-H, or Breloom. Latias is scared of possible Avalanches, Rotom-H can only hope to burn it and then switch, but Breloom can use the switch to activate its Poison Heal and try to sweep.

Code:
Starstorm98 switched in Rotom-c (lvl 100 Rotom-c).
adub_banded switched in Breloom (lvl 100 Breloom).
Breloom was badly poisoned!
Rotom-94%
Breloom-94%-Badly Poisoned

Hmm, a Breloom. If I can set up a Sub on it then that'll put me in a good position. I'm assuming this is a Breloom with Spore, Leech Seed, Substitute, and Focus Punch so I just have to hope I'm faster.

Darn. I use Bulk Up Breloom, which is fairly easily countered by the Rotom-Appliances. I know Shadow Ball won’t KO and unless it’s a rare substitute variety, using Spore is probably a fine choice. I can also guess that it doesn’t have a super effective hidden power because it isn’t scarfed and I don’t have to fear Will-o-wisp. I finally decide to try putting it to sleep.

Code:
Plus has entered the room.
Legacy Raider has entered the room.
[COLOR=red]Plus: ah shit i missed a part of this[/COLOR]
Ninjabait has entered the room.
Rotom-c used Substitute.
Rotom-c lost 25% of its health.
Rotom-c made a substitute!
Breloom used Spore.
But it failed!
Rotom- 75% behind a Sub
Breloom-100% Badly poisoned

This is very, very good. I got the substitute up, which puts me in a huge advantage. Now I could go for the WoW since I suspect he'll switch out, but I decide to Shadow Ball just to get some damage.

This is very, very bad. Substitute Rotom-Appliance is a Pokemon that can seriously cause problems for my team. I have to think about my next move hard. This basically means I have to make a sacrifice. I’m going to hope it uses Hidden Power Fire or makes a prediction with WoW and switch in Latias rather than rely on Stone Edge to break his Substitute.

Code:
[COLOR=red]VaderPhish: they just set up stealth rock[/COLOR]
FolgorioTheKickAss has entered the room.
squirtleboy12 has entered the room.
adub_banded switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias).
Rotom-c used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 54% of its health.
Latias-34%
Rotom-81% Substitute

Ah, a good thing I went for the Shadow Ball now as he tries to break my Sub I can just knock out his Latias which could have been a big threat to my team.

No such luck. It looks like Latias gets to be my sacrifice. Looking back, this is probably a mistake. Latias is a much sturdier sweeper than my Infernape and would have been a more effective sweeper against Jiovaine’s team. Latias has won me games before (Hi cyberzero!), but I need that substitute down.

Code:
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: whoa theres a crapload of people watching here[/COLOR]
Lord Vader has entered the room.
[COLOR=red]Starstorm98: we got a good background[/COLOR]
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
The substitute took damage for Rotom-c!
Rotom-c's substitute faded!
It's super effective!
Latias lost 34% of its health.
adub_banded's Latias fainted.
Rotom-87%

Latias-Fainted

6-5

Good that went exactly as planned. Rotom gets the first kill and I've seen that he has a Metagross and Breloom so I just need to keep him alive.

So I’m down early. I’m trying to stay calm; I’ve had comebacks before. Sword Dance Infernape is the only one on my team who can hope to take this Rotom down at this point, so here it goes.

Code:
[COLOR=red]VaderPhish: wait. why are so many people watching this[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: Also legacy raider i loved that UU warstory you did[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: it was kickass[/COLOR]
adub_banded switched in Infernape (lvl 100 Infernape).
[COLOR=red]Starstorm98: this is a tournament match[/COLOR]
cyberzero has entered the room.
[COLOR=red]Starstorm98: the finals[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]VaderPhish: what?[/COLOR]
Starstorm98 switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias).
Infernape used Flare Blitz.
It's not very effective...
Latias lost 37% of its health.
Infernape was hit by recoil!
Infernape lost 14% of its health.
Infernape lost 10% of its health.
Infernapre-64%
Latias-57

Oof, that Flare Blitz hurt alot. I think I can take another one so I'll stay in and Dragon Pulse, but... he has two pokemon I haven't seen and they both could be either Scizor or Tyranitar. Hmm what to do?

And he has the best Infernape counter in the game, resisting both STABs, outspeeding, and being able to hit me with a super effective Surf. Great. So far his team is matched up very well versus mine. I have to switch here; I need Ape for Rotom. Metagross is my best answer without revealing more of my team, and resists Dragon Pulse/won’t be hit that hard by Surf.

Code:
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: vader because someone announced it on the main chat[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Plus: Guys stop talking[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]squirtleboy12: lol[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Legacy Raider: thanks, but shh in the battle please[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]VaderPhish: I haven't been recording![/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Plus: Let them play without distraction[/COLOR]
adub_banded switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Metagross lost 20% of its health.
Metagross-74%
Latias-63%

I guess he doesnt have either Tyranitar or Scizor; this is good I guess, but Latias can't do much to Metagross at near full health, but I know someone who can.

So no Surf. He either predicted me switching to Breloom, is using HP Fire, or he isn’t using a set with two attacks. Anyway, now I have to Meteor Mash. It will hurt Latias badly if it decides to stay in or hopefully hit Rotom for some decent damage.

Code:
Starstorm98 switched in Rotom-c (lvl 100 Rotom-c).
Metagross used Meteor Mash.
Rotom-c lost 24% of its health.
Ugh, 24%. Almost enough to break a substitute. I can’t let him get another Sub up, so I pray that Meteor Mash hit for minimum damage and I can break a sub if tries to put another one up, assuming it hits.

Rotom-51%
Metagross-74%
---
Code:
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: lol i couldve sworn i read shit[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]in the battle please[/COLOR]
Rotom-c used Substitute.
Rotom-c lost 25% of its health.
Rotom-c made a substitute!
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Rotom-c!
Rotom-c's substitute faded!
Metagross's attack was raised.
Rotom-38%
Metagross-74%

Bleh thats annoying I get a sub and he break it with a critical hit, and he gets the attack boost. How lucky was that =/. Lets try this again!

The hax Gods smile at me and I get a crit, breaking his substitute, minimum damage or not, and an attack boost! At this point he’s at a low enough damage that I can Bullet Punch to prevent another substitute.

Code:
Metagross used Bullet Punch.
Rotom-c lost 15% of its health.
Rotom-c used Substitute.
But it failed!
Rotom-29%
Metagross-74%

Argh lets just burn that thing!

No hax this time, but I’m making the same move for the same reasons. This thing is almost dead, if I can take it out that’d be great.

Code:
Metagross used Bullet Punch.
Rotom-c lost 15% of its health.
Rotom-c used Will-o-wisp.
Metagross was burned!
Metagross was hurt by its burn!
Metagross lost 12% of its health.
Rotom-20%
Metagross- 62% Burn

Ok, Will-o-wisp. I don’t think this should matter that much; a +1 Metagross, even burned, should hopefully be able to take him out with Meteor Mash. Anyway, I’m at high health; Meta should be able to get the KO within the next 2 turns.

Code:
A critical hit!
Metagross lost 60% of its health.
Rotom-c lost 20% of its health.
Metagross was hurt by its burn!
Metagross lost 2% of its health.
adub_banded's Metagross fainted.
Rotom-7%
Metagross-Fainted

6-4

Somehow I survived that Meteor Mash with 1%, but still the damage has been done on both sides. He lost two pokemon and Rotom is pretty much on the verge of fainting.

And the hax Gods turn around and bitch-slap me in the face. Rotom crits me, survives with 1%, and puts me in KO range for burn damage. This doesn’t seem like such a big deal, but my only viable switches are Jirachi and Infernape. Jirachi is scarfed and I haven’t seen a lot of his team, so if I got in and Iron Head, a Magnezone could come in and trap or set up on me. If I went with Fire Punch Latias comes in and Calm Minds. Thunder Punch lets either happens. Ice Punch lets Zone come in. Swampert walls the whole set. So I decide to got to Ape. This means taking Stealth Rock, Life Orb, and Flare Blitz Recoil damage= about 24%. Not perfect, but my best option. Latias might come in after, but I have a plan.

Code:
Bye bye Rotom you did great in this battle its sad that you have to go now.

Code:
Infernape used Flare Blitz.
Rotom-c lost 7% of its health.
Starstorm98's Rotom-c fainted.
Infernape was hit by recoil!
Infernape lost 2% of its health.
Infernape lost 10% of its health.
Rotom-Fainted
Infernape-40%

5-4

Ok, just as planned. Now I’ve decided to go for a BU Breloom sweep. The trick is going to be getting it in and set up. I expect a Latias switch in here.

Code:
Perfect. Now to switch to Jirachi to take the Dragon Pulse and scare it out.

Code:
adub_banded switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Latias used Recover.
Latias restored 50% of its health.
Latias-100%
Jirachi-94%

Ugh Jirachi if this is a CM I'm in huge trouble. I've got to get Swampert in there and see what kind of Jirachi that is.

Recover means he can come in on Ape again, but hopefully it won’t matter. Now to go to stage 2 of my plan. I’m going to attempt the infamous double switch. Here we go…

Code:
Starstorm98 switched in Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert).
Yes! Right now he doesn’t know I’m running Bulk Up, so he’s probably expecting the classic SubPunch. Hopefully he runs to Latias to take a Seed Bomb and I get the Spore on it.

Code:
Breloom used Spore.
Swampert fell asleep!
Swampert is fast asleep!
Breloom-100% Badly Poisoned
Swampert-100% Asleep

I'd rather have Swampert asleep then anyone else on my team. Now that Swampert is asleep time to bring in Scizor.

Darn. There goes my plan. I take a moment to think here. From his team right now I’m guessing he switches in Latias, assuming he thinks I’m running SubPunch. I need the Psychic-Dragon gone if I want Loom to sweep. So…….. It’s time for another double switch!

Code:
Starstorm98 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor).
Scizor-88%
Jirachi-88%

Here comes that Jirachi again. I still think that's the CM Sub set since its the most powerful so I'll U-turn out and send in Magnezone.

That’s a surprise, but a good switch for me. Breloom can be hit hard by Choice Band Scizor until it gets a few Bulk Ups in. Hopefully he goes for the U-turn so I can OHKO with Fire Punch.

Code:
Jirachi used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 88% of its health.
Starstorm98's Scizor fainted.
Scizor-Fainted
Jirachi-88%

4-4

...oh crap! I did not that coming at all. At least its not the CM set, but the FirePunch and the fact that Jirachi can outspeed me without a Scarf doesnt help when I'm trying to figure out what set he's running. Although the lack of leftovers does help a little.

Victory! Hopefully Latias is the only thing that can set up on fire moves on his team, I can handle it ok.

Code:
Starstorm98 switched in Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra).
Oh dear. Of course he has both Kingdra and Sub-Rotom, my team’s 2 major weaknesses. I have to make another sacrifice here and Rotom might actually be able to handle it if it’s physically bulky and not offensive, so that’s my best bet.

Code:
adub_banded switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Kingdra used Dragon Dance.
Kingdra's attack was raised.
Kingdra's speed was raised.
Kingdra-88% +1 Attack +1 Speed
Rotom-H-94%

The sight of an opposing Rotom always gives me a bad feeling. Lets just smack this thing down before he does anything funny.

Code:
Kingdra used Waterfall.
Rotom-h lost 52% of its health.
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
Kingdra lost 44% of its health.
Darn, a 2HKO. At least I got some damage on him.

Code:
Kingdra used Waterfall.
Rotom-h lost 48% of its health.
adub_banded's Rotom-h fainted.
Rotom-H-Fainted
Kingdra-44%

4-3

Alright hopefully I can go for a sweep with Kingdra. He only has three pokemon left. This is just what I need. I just hope Kingdra doesn't get screwed over by hax and she can't sweep for me like in my last match (hope you're watching Hybrid)

Farewell Rotom, you were a good sacrifice. Now to go to Jirachi for revenge. Thunder and Ice Punches won’t KO with its remaining health, so I have to go for Flinch-Hax.

Code:
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Kingdra lost 20% of its health.
Kingdra used Waterfall.
Jirachi lost 57% of its health.
Well, at least he didn’t DD again and Waterfall didn’t KO. Hopefully it flinches this time.

Kingdra-24%
Jirachi-31%

Code:
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Kingdra lost 20% of its health.
Kingdra flinched!
Kingdra-4%
Jirachi-31%

>.> Figures

Success! It dies next turn.

Code:
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Kingdra lost 4% of its health.
Starstorm98's Kingdra fainted.
Kingdra-Fainted
Jirachi-31%

3-3

Ok that was pretty lame, although I guess I should have had that coming.

You’ve got to love Jirachi, as long as you’re not on the receiving end =/

Code:
Starstorm98 switched in Magnezone (lvl 100 Magnezone).
…Crap…

Code:
[COLOR=red]Legacy Raider: checkmate[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]VaderPhish: shit[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Plus: Hm, yeah[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]cyberzero: woah[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Plus: If this happens to be sub it's game over[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Starstorm98: yeah thanks for that LR [/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: i totally disagree[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]squirtleboy12: lol[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Axe: =][/COLOR]
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone lost 9% of its health.
Magnezone flinched!
Magnezone-85%
Jirachi-35%

As mentioned it's checkmate. Now that I know his Jirachi is scarfed and locked in Iron Head, Magnezone can easily come in after being kept secret from the battle. Looks like I can win this.

Sweet, a 10HKO! *sarcasm* All I need is 9 flinches in a row, about a 4% chance...

Code:
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone flinched!
Magnezone-76%
Jirachi-31%

If I get flinched to death I'm going to forfiet I swear >.>
---
Code:
[COLOR=red]squirtleboy12: haha[/COLOR]
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Magnezone used Thunderbolt.
A critical hit!
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
adub_banded's Jirachi fainted.
Magnezone-67%

Jirachi-Faitned

3-2

Bah, that was annoying, but at least its gone. Btw I chose to use Thunderbolt instead of HpFire for this reason. I know he has a Infernape still in battle if I used HP Fire it could easily come in which could put Latias or Swampert in danger because FlareBlitz and CloseCombat can hurt them both pretty badly. So I want to keep Infernape out of the ring until its perfectly safe. Also I still suspect his Breloom is the standard set and Swampert is asleep so Latias can come in easily and knock him out as well as Infernape.

No such luck. I’m fairly sure I lose at this point. Oh well, go Breloom! I Stone Edge, knowing Latias will come in.

Code:
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: lol[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]squirtleboy12: ahh man jirachi complate haxing this[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]VaderPhish: noooooooooooooo![/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: scarf[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]squirtleboy12: would have been epic[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Plus: hm, scarf[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Lord Vader: complate[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: i blame you squirtleboy[/COLOR]
Code:
Breloom used Stone Edge.
Latias lost 41% of its health.

Breloom-100% Badly poisoned
Latias-53%

What!? Stone Edge?! What sorcery is this!? That did alot to Latias so now I'm in trouble. I don't what to do now, because Stone Edge might eventually knock me out. Which leaves Magnezone extremely vulnerable because whatever move I use on Breloom wont affect Inferape that much and vice vera. Not to mention Swampert is still asleep. This is bad!

Well, that did not do nearly as much damage as I had hoped. I need a critical hit, or a higher damage roll if I want any chance of winning.

Code:
[COLOR=red]squirtleboy12: mm[/COLOR]
Latias used Recover.
Latias restored 47% of its health.
Breloom used Stone Edge.
Latias lost 46% of its health.
Latias-60%
Breloom-100% Badly Poisoned

Code:
[COLOR=red]squirtleboy12: its game[/COLOR]
Yes, but for who? At this moment I think I'm screwed, I mean I honestly have no idea what to do now? If I keep recovering he'll eventually get a critical hit. So its time to go on the offensive.

Is he seriously trying to PP stall me? Oh well, this just gives me a higher chance at a crit… or a miss…

Code:
Breloom lost 55% of its health.
Breloom used Stone Edge.
Latias lost 45% of its health.
Ok, now he’s within range of a 1-2HKO with Mach Punch and I should still have a turn alive after this.

Latias-21%
Breloom-57% Badly Poisoned

Code:
[COLOR=red]FolgorioTheKickAss: nonsense[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]squirtleboy12: ahh wow[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]VaderPhish: wow[/COLOR]
Breloom used Mach Punch.
Latias lost 13% of its health.
A critical hit!
Breloom lost 58% of its health.
adub_banded's Breloom fainted.
Latias-14%

Breloom-Fainted

3-1

PISS! Unless he’s running very few speed EVs and Magnezone is very slow, I lose.

Code:
Infernape lost 27% of its health.
adub_banded's Infernape fainted.
Starstorm98 wins!
Latias-14%

Infernape-Fainted

3-0

And thats the game. So thats how the finals of the tourney ended. I hope you enjoyed this warstory. GG to Adub-Banded.

GG Jiovaine, very well played and a very nice team. Looking back, I might have been able to win if I had Bulked Upped instead of Stone Edging the Latias switch, Bulk Upped again, then Stone Edged, then Mach Punched. Latias would've been dead, Magnezone probably would have died, and Swampert would eventually be taken down with repeated punches.

Props
  • Adub_Banded for a great game.
  • For Latias being able to clean up
  • Everyone who watched and made the battle more exciting.
  • Rotom for performing his job excellently, and taking down Latias which could have 6-0ed me =/
  • Breloom for surprising me in the end
  • To my Tutor Legacy Raider for encouraging me to even enter this tourney.
  • To Adub again for the title and for helping me out with the code tag problem
  • To my good friend Lightsabre as I got the "battle log in code" idea from him
Slops
  • Scizor going down way to early
  • Flinchhax
  • Setting up sub on Metagross when I should have burned him.
Props
  • Jiovaine, for giving me a great game
  • Me, for getting to the finals
  • August, for being a great tutor, helping me build this team, and for having confidence in me. (Not that realated to the warstory, but it needs to be said.)
  • The tutoring program in general, for being awesome
  • Bulk Up Breloom, for causing the most problems for Jiovaine (seriously, try him!)
  • Everybody who showed up to support me or Jiovaine
  • Jiovaine again, for letting me write my side of the story
  • After the battle, I met Lake, who watched, and he's a very cool guy =)
Slops
  • My team, for being so weak to Sub-Rotom and Kingdra
  • Latias, for being death fodder
  • Inferape, for doing even less
  • Me, for choosing Latias instead of Infernape as a sacrifice
  • Me, for figuring out how I could have won after the battle was over =/
  • A little hax on both sides
  • Certain people in the audience who stumbled randomly into the battle and felt the urge to comment excessively for no particular reason
  • The score, for not showing how close the game really was in the end
Also the rest of this page is basically the commentary that when on after the battle you can read only if you're really interested. Also we'll leave the color black so you can read it better.

FolgorioTheKickAss: i dont understand why you havent switched to magnezone
squirtleboy12: haha
adub_banded: i lose
FolgorioTheKickAss: it knows HP fire doesnt it?
adub_banded: gg
Plus: damn
VaderPhish: gg guys
Starstorm98: gg
FolgorioTheKickAss: gg people
cyberzero: ADUB
Plus: that's 2 of lr's tutees
cyberzero: NOOOOOOO
lake: gg
cyberzero: WHY
Starstorm98: gg
Plus: to take the title
Plus: haha
squirtleboy12: gg
Starstorm98: hey
VaderPhish: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
squirtleboy12: haha
Legacy Raider: excellent starstorm :)
adub_banded: sorry cyber
Starstorm98: where's ReyScarface
cyberzero: its alright =(
Legacy Raider: well played mate
squirtleboy12 has left the room.
Starstorm98: thanks
cyberzero: very well played
VaderPhish: It's the magnezone!
Plus has left the room.
Axe: Good Job star!
FolgorioTheKickAss has left the room.
adub_banded: i cant handle sub rotom
Ninjabait has left the room.
Starstorm98: thanks
Axe has left the room.
VaderPhish: it was a good game while it lasted
adub_banded: congrats
cyberzero: congrats
Starstorm98: thank you
cyberzero: taking down hybrid is a tough task
Starstorm98: that was a great match Adub
Plus: Congratulationgs jiovaine, winner of round 40 of Battling 101!
cyberzero: this guys even better
Starstorm98: I'm upset Rey wasn't here
adub_banded: shouldnt have sacrificed latias
VaderPhish: latias crit kind of screwed things up
askaninjask has entered the room.
cyberzero: yeah
cyberzero: latias kinda kills pretty badly ._.
cyberzero: i should know
adub_banded: haha
cyberzero has left the room.
FolgorioTheKickAss has entered the room.
Legacy Raider: i was scared when scizor died to fire punch
Starstorm98: me too o.O
Legacy Raider: but adub's team was very well prepared against it anyway
Legacy Raider: so i don't think it was too much of an issue
Starstorm98: Scizor didnt do anything in this battle
adub_banded: anyway gg and congrats
Starstorm98: gg Adub and thanks
adub_banded: ill see you around
adub_banded has left the room.
lake has left the room.
Starstorm98: well...
VaderPhish has left the room.
FolgorioTheKickAss has left the room.
Lord Vader has left the room.
Starstorm98: LR
Legacy Raider: yep?
Starstorm98: I won the tourney and became the chamion
Starstorm98: what now? lol
Legacy Raider: yep
Legacy Raider: and you wanted to not go into the tourney as well lol
Legacy Raider: cos you were afraid you'd go out round 1 :P
Starstorm98: yeah
Legacy Raider: i told you you could win it
Legacy Raider: now don't forget to get the log lol
askaninjask has left the room.
Legacy Raider: very well played, congrats again :)
Legacy Raider has left the room.
tab has left the room.

A great ending to a great battle :) Thanks again for watching.

Thanks for reading this! Congradulations again on becoming champion Jiovaine![/

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!
Please Rate/Hate/Comment!

Edit: We've noticed the issue with the code tags, hopefully Jiovaine can get the fixed soon =)

Edit2: There, all better!

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ugh something happened when I posted it all the code tags got removed.

Edit: Ok I fixed it =)

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Great game. I liked it, hope i was there to watch it live -sigh-

Good job Jiovaine, also good job to you too Adub.

Good warstory, and a good way to end a tournament. I liked the two-sided comments showing what each player was thinking, but there was a lot of hax.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Very nice job guys, the formatting was good (not-too-bright colors) and the battle was pretty good. Also liked the 2-sided comments. :)

It was ok I guess, although I do think the knowledge of the game of both battlers is still quite limited, witnessed in some comments xD... Congrats on winning

Nice job, I found this rather decent, although I guess the commentary is a bit lacking in some parts, but that's ok. :) Congrats for winning btw.

good job on winning. I think your a good writer, but I didn't like this warstory too much just becuase I felt like it was too one sided. It was like every one of your pokes countered one of his. Seriously,
Swampert > Metagross
Rotom > Breloom
Scizor > latias
Latias > Infernape
Magnezone > Jirachi
Kingdra = Rotom

As you can see, your team could beat his team easily. However, your an excellent writer and I expect more from you in the future.

Nice job, good read and some other compliments. Sometimes, the sprites were switched, so maybe you could take a look at that?

Not bad at all. A few typos, but it doesn't matter much.
Ugh, 24%. Almost enough to break a substitute. I can’t let him get another Sub up, so I pray that Meteor Mash hit for minimum damage and I can break a sub if tries to put another one up, assuming it hits.
Don't you mean Maximum damage?
Again, not bad.

No, he means minimum. If it hit for min. damage last turn, then when he used it again it would break it.

I agree with Hec, but given that this was the final of the battling 101 tournament, this was a nice warstory. Congrats to both of you for getting so far.

Wow, awsome battle.
I don't see myself as being as good as you, and I am looking forward to the next tutoring program (even if I am new to the forums).
Does anyone know when is the next one starting?

great war story, its one of very few that I have read all the way through.
Congratz to both of you for a good battle and for your accomplishments.

I for one also can't wait for the next tutoring =)

good battle guys. Congratulations, again, Jiovaine11 on your win. And to Adub_Banded, I hope I wasn't one of the random people who stumbled onto the battle and felt a need to comment excessively for no reason. I wait for two and a half hours in the CAP Server for the match to go down, waiting out my entire break. I just didn't realize that that was the match since Jio had another name. Nicely written.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Definetely not a bad warstory, and congrats on your win. Some of the comments were a bit lacking but still a good match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)