I have as many pokes with Dragon Dance as without

Basically, I get three chances to set up Dragon Dance. Each can set up on something different, but I'm looking to improve the surrounding cast.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi is seriously amazing. Iron Head hax is awesome, Trick owns things like Bronzong and Dusknoir, Stealth Rock for on the switch. I basically never use U-Turn, so I'm thinking of putting Thunderpunch over that for Gyarados.

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP/12 Def/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Agility
- Surf
- Grass Knot

I wanted a special attacker, and Agility+Petaya is almost as good as dragon dancing. I definitely love the switch from Blissey to this.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

DDer #1 and also the bulkiest. This is my main switchin to things that I know want to stat up, like Empoleon. Switching in on the Sub and Taunting before the Agility is priceless (assuming they have Ice Beam and not HP: Electric).

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

DDer #2 and the hardest hitting. Sala has swept more than a few teams, but he's also the most likely to get OHKOed. Too many times, I've DDed up and KOed one poke and then had a Mamoswine or Donphan switch in to Ice Shard me. But the payoff is worth it and I'll take my risks.

Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Substitute

DDer #3 and the one with (almost) no weaknesses. Kingdra actually seems to have the most success, maybe because the main switchins seem to be Blissey or Skarmory, neither of which can do too much to a sub or like boosted Waterfalls too much. Lack of a 4x weakness helps a lot. Leftovers for a little bulkiness and Swift Swim to help counteract rain teams.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP/84 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Magnet Rise

So I have two pokes with 4x weakness, one to electric, one to ice. No other poke on the team resists either of those, so why not add something that resists both? Also does a nice job with Scizor, Skarmory, and even Metagross that is CBed into a steel move. I also lol at people that switch in Rhyperior or Swampert.

Overall, my main problems are with other stat-uppers (Opposing DDMences suck), and random fast sweepers, like Jolteon and Gengar. And while Azelf hits a lot of leads hard, it loses one on one to a lot of them. Ghosts in general are rough, because I have no Ghost or Dark moves on the team. Also, a SRer and a spinner would help because extra damage is nice and my two main DDers are SR weak.

Any advice? :)

Taking a really quick glance (didn't read most of it, sorry), I've used SubDD Kingdra before and it really wants Leftovers. Since Kingdra has awesome typing (4x resists to fire and water I.E.) and pretty good bulk she usually gets a Sub up and has little problem finding a niche for 2 or 3 DD's. After getting a bunch of Dragon Dances Life Orb is just redundant, so it's best to use Leftovers so that Kingdra can recover SR / Substitute health and thus have a chance to sweep multiple times.

Alright, let's see what we can do here.

First I take issue with azelf and blissey. You don't really need a revenge killer, because if things go right, your opponent should be too busy trying to handles your set up sweepers to set up thier own. So lets make Azelf a Dual Screener with Taunt and Stealth Rock, which i noticed your team lacks. After setting up Dual Screens, you can switch in a DD'er with relatively safety. By utilzing taunt, we rid Gyarados and Salamence of those pesky Stealth Rocks that take a quarter of thier health off on the switch in.

Next, I don't know what blissey is doing on this team. With so many dangerous teammates, I cant imagine an opposing team launching a strong special attack on you. Blissey really detracts from the offensive feel of the team. Maybe an Agliligross here. That way you have an offensive switch in to take on Ice attacks without giving the secret of magnezone away.

I think using a few of these changes and an aggressive play style, you can break down opponents Physical walls and sweep your way to victory with the best Stat Up move in the game.

Hope these help, and Good Luck.

I have a bit of a problem with the aggregate typing of your team. Normally when a team has double dragons, there are a commiserate number of pokes that completely resist dragon-types' ice-and-dragon-type weaknesses. Typically, a double dragon team has to have two steels. It isn't written in stone, but it's a nice guideline because they tend to resist each others' weaknesses. Since you seem open to putting the kibosh on your Azelf lead, I'd be all in favor of replacing him with a Trickscarf Jirachi:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
EVs: 80 HP/252 Att/176 Spe
-Trick
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn

However, I don't think that covering your weaknesses made by Kingdra and Salamence is enough. The fact of the matter is that no team can realistically rely on three stat-up sweepers. One would think that a cleric-style Blissey would help this, but in reality she often lures out your opponent's stat-up sweeper, giving them a chance to set up on you. I'm thinking primarily of SD Lucario and Scizor. In short, you have to take DD off of at *least* one of those pokes. Since your team is more offensively natured and strongly dislikes pokes that are faster (and there are several; none of yours excepting Azelf have much speed without a boost) it would quite possibly be a good idea to switch out Toxic for Thunderwave on Blissey, as it has the possibility of crippling faster switch-ins, the majority of whom will be severely disabled without speed.

Also, you'll probably want to put up more of your thought processes as well as a detailed threat list so we all know where you're coming from in detail.

Hope this helped!

This has already been mentioned before, but having a blissey on a team of three set-up sweepers is a bad idea. Blissey basically screams to the opponent "set up on me!" Salamence, lucario, gyarados, bulk-up machamp (which is a big problem for this team), and others all set up on bliss with reletively no danger to themselves. When you add aromatherapy to the mix you are giving up tons of free turns. I would strongly suggest using another steel type (banded metagross or scizor come to mind) over blissey as both another ice/dragon resist, and something to kill stuff that manages to set up.

Another suggestion is to change your azelf lead to this:
Azelf@focus sash
Naive-4 Atk 252 SpA 252 Spe
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Explosion

This set both sets up rocks and often prevents your opponent from doing so. The latter is important when you're using two pokemon weak to rock.

Lastly, you would do well to consider ChristovaOnIce's suggestion to cut down on the set-up sweepers.

Okay, I put Scarf Jirachi over Azelf for a very similar effect but also a good chance to get rocks out, and SubPetaya Empoleon over Blissey to give me a special sweeper and ice resist.

Main problem now is Ice Fang/EQ Gyara, as it OHKOs all but my own Gyara and Kingdra after a DD, iirc. And Kingdra isn't going to do much to Gyara. I'll probably end up with Thunderpunch over UTurn on Jirachi, so that would help if Gyara only has two DDs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)