The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to a pretty big game this saturday in Edmonton. Everton is coming by to play River Plate, one of the best south american teams. A great match to be seen, no doubt.

Anyone watch the World Football Challenge matches? I'm looking forward to Chelsea FC vs AC Milan. The American defender on AC Milan showed spectacular performance in the Confed Cup, I'd like to see if he can perform that way for AC Milan.

Does anyone happen to watch the US club league (MLS)? Sadly I'm a US citizen so I don't get to see any UEFA soccer, so that's about the best I get.

I watched about the first 30 minutes of Chelsea vs. Inter Milan, didn't even know that the World Football Challange was happening >.>

Well Adebayor did go to City, and you've also lost Nasri for three months due to a broken leg in training. There are also reports that Huntelaar has agreed a move to Stuttgart already (I don't understand why he'd bother going to Germany if there is any interest from a Premier League club though). Doesn't seem like a great time to be an Arsenal fan. Still, at least you've got Rosicky back, eh? Wenger needs to sign a good few players quickly. I think Arsenal need at least another striker, midfielder, and defender of high quality if they expect to challenge for the league at all now. They may even need that just to stay in the top four at this rate.
We've signed Vermaaleen which would cover our needed CB and yes, we still need a midfielder and a striker. As for Rosicky, Nasri has done more in his one season here than Rosicky has done in three.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reports now suggest that Huntelaar decided against the move to Stuttgart, so Arsenal have a shot at signing him. He doesn't seem like the Arsenal style of player.. He's basically the next van Nistelrooy, it won't be pretty, but he'll score you so many goals.

However, Spurs are also looking into signing him. Harry is looking at both Crouch and Huntelaar, but with Keane and Bent already, that strike force may be a little too strong as they'd all expect to play every game and won't be happy when they don't.

Brilliant deal by Inter, they get some apparently stupid amount of money and IIRC they also get Hleb on loan. Ibrahimovic on his day is brilliant but has been far too inconsistent.

eto'o always comes through for barca. Two goals in two champions league finals, people says he is getting up in years, but i think he is still as good as ever. He is one of the most consitant players there is

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Mexico vs Costa Rica in the Gold Cup semifinals defined by Penalties...

I dont want to watch @__@

Edit: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES MEXICO YEEEEEEEEEES!!! 5-4 penalties btw :)

70 pages is a decent thread though =P
I wouldn't call the US beating Mexico an "upset", they're around 50/50 in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)