"Damn the Drizzle" Rain Dance RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have created both OU and UU teams and one thing I have always realised is I get demolished by rain dance team, so I thought... I'll make a RD team.

(Dunno if I'm allowed to do this yet but I could use some help)

The Lead

Azelf @ Damp Rock

Nature : Jolly
Ability : Levitate
252 HP / 4HP / 252 Spe
- Taunt
- U-Turn
- Rain Dance
- Explosion

Originally I had a Bronzong here doing the same thing, execpt taunt was replaced with SR. I realised after using the team for a while that taunters were hurting me.

This brought me to the idea of using a quick taunter, screwing up other taunters and SR'ers. After taunting which will do 80% of the time I will use rain dance and then explode if I can KO or U-turn to break focus sash and give some damage.

Common Leads

I will taunt as they will most probably try to set up rocks. Once taunted I will RD and either U-turn or Explode to get some damage.

I will taunt as I will hopefully be quicker. If it attacks I will get rain dance and sacrifice Azelf. I will also go to Zong as it now has Heatproof.

Damn its a trick Jirachi. I don't have anything that likes to be tricked but I will normally just let Azelf take the scarf and get RD in play.

Easy to set up on. It will want rocks out so I taunt. After it is screwed I will RD and explode if it is trying to attack or explode on what is coming in.

Taunt before they taunt and proceed to RD and explode.

Again they will want to get rocks out so I will taunt. If they then attack I will get rain out and explode.

Easy to set up on as I have used it myself as a lead. Azelf can taunt, RD and U-turn.

Tricky customer. Can protect my taunt and if he does I will usually just set up RD and destroy the sub on the way out with explosion ready for some one to destroy it.

Go to Bronzong and set up rocks and rain.

The Second Rain Dancer/SR

Bronzong @ Damp Rock

Nature: Impish
Ability : Heatproof
252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Light Screen
- Explosion

I generally bring Bronzong out if my first sweep has failed or has died after a few KO's. Rarely I will use him after Azelf has taunted to take the hit and keep the team hidden. I can then set up rocks, proceed to rain dance and explode with Zong or set up the screen.

I don't generally set up a screen as it gives time for my opponent to set up, but it is the most appropriate move to have in there. I have gone with heatproof as not alot of people will attack Zong with a ground attack, and when they switch in Ape/Heatran etc you can set up.

3rd Set Up and Scout

Scizor @ Damp Rock

Nature : Adamant
Ability : Technician
248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 Sp. Def
-Rain Dance
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Roost

I am using Scizor as my 3rd set up atm but he really doesn't do much for this team. He has gotten me the odd KO with Bullet Punch but if its not the sword dance variant its really not worth it. I have Rain Dance on Kingdra so im thinking something could go here as a surprise.

Atm he is doing OK at scouting and getting damage from U-turn isn't really covering much as I already have Zong.

Special Swift Swim

Ludicolo @ Life Orb

Nature : Modest
Ability : Swift Swim
4 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot

The special swift swimmer. It all depends on what pokemon I have seen of the opponents team so far as to which sweeper comes out first. Ice Beam is there to destroy the dragons.

I chose Hydro Pump because sometimes it will miss and cost me but the power boost has got me priceless OHKO's many times. Grass Knot over Energy Ball because even though Vaporeon can give me trouble I haven't generally seen many. Focus Punch is really a filler because

I rarely get a chance to use it having to have two-turns. Any better suggestions over Focus punch would be good.

Physical Swift Swim

Kabutops @ Life Orb

Nature : Adamant
Ability : Swift Swim
72HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
- Sword Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
Kabutops is fragile but is deadly with rain. He is dangerous without a sword dance but when I know I can get in a Sword Dance he is devastating. I have chosen Aqua Tail over Waterfall as it has more damage and only a 10% accuracy drop. I don't think I have missed one yet.

Stone Edge and Aqua Tail provide brilliant coverage and Aqua Jet has saved me countless times when another priority move would have KO'ed me.

I have tried the choice band set but being a a Rain Dance team I just want to stay in and destroy where as I have to switch out with the choice band set which inevitably leads to soft KO's

Mixed Swift Swim

Kingdra @ Life Orb

Nature : Naughty
28 Spe / 252 Atk / 240 Sp. Atk
-
Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

The destruction that is a rain dance Kingdra. I have both special and physical so I wanted a mixed variant. Again I chose Hydro Pump because the extra power is to juicy to ignore. Draco Meteor destroys dragons and can 2HKO lost of others.

I have rain dance on here because it is bulky enough to get it done if I am desperately in need of rain. Still don't know whether I need it and all depends on what happens with Scizor.

// Threat List to follow //

haunter

Banned deucer.
You posted the same RMT 3 days ago, and it was locked because you had posted another RMT just 6 days before. Can you please read the rules??? You have to wait not less than 2 weeks, possibly even 3, between a RMT and another. Locking this again under rule 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)