Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I'm really liking how Gravity is being spread around. The possibility for a Gravity/T-Spikes Forry makes me very happy because all of the levitating dragons are a bit of a pain to stall teams, and forry can absorb Outrage, etc. I have a moveset drawn up already!

[Dratini]
Light Screen, Mist, Haze, Supersonic, DragonBreath, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, ExtremeSpeed
seems that dragonite is the first OU dragon with priority,looks like dragonite usage will jump by alot.

in other news,brave bird honckrow is intresting.not much can take an LO STAB brave bird from honchkrow.

mismagius gets nasty plot,this change could be a impact in the UU metagame.as unlike houndoom,it doesnt fear much from chansey. (and if it has subsitude then chansey is set up bait as it cant use toxic on missy anymore.)if only chansey had encore....

i really dont see much from megahorn absol.most dark types are destroyed by superpower anyway,and absol has STAB to destroy psychics.the only thing megahorn can do is to hit grass types.

Recover Quagsire seems intresting.with its ability combined with recover,it doesnt need to worry about recovering its HP anymore(in the case of last pokemon that is)

the new egg moves are intresting,looking forward to them.

Too bad most of the Role Players are specially based attackers. Latios seems to be the best way to abuse Fake Out Medicham by Role Playing Pure Power in doubles. Losing Levitate isn't too hot though.

There's always Celebi/Jirachi but those are likely banned for VGC.

string shot? whats the point..

belly drum ursaring though, with rest at its disposal good god

super fang and pain split as tutors :/ great...

Hmmm Manaphy, Lapras, all Eevee forms, Mew, Mismagius, Togekiss, and Uxie with Heal Bell... I don't play Ubers as much as I should, but has anyone else thought of the ease of using Manaphy as a cleric on teams with Kyogre?

Uxie will be interesting to see in UU/OU.

Block has incredible potential to shake things up... CurseBlocking Regirock and Registeel anyone? Forry getting Block would be definately helpful to SpikeStack... Venusaur getting Block hmmm... I suppose that it'd get the chance to pick off an opponent with Sleep Powder/Block/Grass move/Filler.

Wait a sec... Diglett gets Reversal... Ah crap... Now Duggy's going to be an amazing Blissey killer (Blissey users better stop using T-Wave :P).

Pain Split Forretress, at least it got a healing method other than Rest (same goes for Rotom).

Also, a lot more Gravity users, which is cool! (also Metagross learns it, yes!).

Brave Bird is also a very interesting addition to both Honchkrow and Altaria.

Super Fang/Sub/Protect/Aqua Ring @ Leftovers Stallrein :/ This thing will heal %18,75 HP each turn, heck. Yes, all ghosts laugh in its face, but I don't see much else that can kill this bitch.

Hum, 2vs2 battles just got even more interesting :D Gravity, Tail Wind, Role Play (Funny thing is, I created a combo with it 2 days ago), Worry Seed, String Shot...

And YAY at Heal Bell being spread that much :D (Vaporeon / Umbreon / Leafon Heal Beller anyone ?)

My only disapointment is Head Butt...

What really interested me was NP Mismagius, Heal Bell Vappy, and Hydro Pump Palkia. I don't play UU but NP Missy seems devastating now that it can set up in 1 turn. Heal Bell Vap seems like it will fit into the standard set pretty well, maybe something like Wish, Surf, Heal Bell, Protect/Ice Beam depending on if you want a gaurenteed Wish heal or a way to deal with Mence. Hydro Pump seems like it will wreck Ubers, maybe getting some OHKO's that Surf didn't get in the Rain.

Extremespeed DNite seems like a mixed bag to me, on 1 hand, he beats Scarfers trying to revenge kill him, but on the other hand I don't really see much else use for it unless I'm missing something. It seems like a secondary option to me.

Sometimes Gamefreak's twisted logic surprises even me. I mean, they make Heal Bell a tutor, and Bronzong doesn't get it? Pure madness.

Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed that Mew is the only Baton Passer to get access to Block, but nevertheless I think it is a point worth discussing as I do not believe that Mew has ever had anything similar before. Now this is where I need some help from more experienced Uber players as I haven't played in the tier for a long time. What effect, if any, do you think Block Mew will have on the current Uber metagame, and what teams or Pokemon (if any) will it be most effective with or against? Sorry if I worded that badly.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I thought that everyone was talking about an "Aqua Jet" Move tutor? It's not on the list. Am I missing something?

Meh. The new move tutors are lame... I don't think the OU metagame will be affected at all. Some shitty NU pokes got a few moves and that's all. :(

E-Speed is a nice move for Dragonites CB set but I don't see it getting use on any other set(kinda hard to replace either Earthquake or Fire Punch/Blast for it).

Finally, Gravity move tutor! I've hoped for that since Platinum was announced. Gravity might actually be viable now
Power Trick given to Gligar means that now it has a better BPer than Medicham. Weather Ball being given around is also cool, especially on Victreebel
Super Fang might tear everything apart, and Block will be interesting

Meh. The new move tutors are lame... I don't think the OU metagame will be affected at all. Some shitty NU pokes got a few moves and that's all. :(
Are you serious, we now have game changing movesets to come like Stringshot Venusaur!!!!!!

Seriously though... It's actually quite disappointing. I think it would've been great to see DynamicPunch (unviable, but fun), Zap Cannon (Machamp YEAH!) and curse as tutors (as they were TMs in GSC) and stuff like Rapid Spin or Baton Pass (for awesomeness).
As it is, Pain split might see some use and maybe Super Fang, but other than that.... I'm disappointed....
Oh maybe Block too. Hm... I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)