Ready! Set! Sweep!

Ready! Set! Sweep!

Hi! My name is ShadowRayquaza and this is my third RMT! This is what I think is my best team. This is a Offensive team with many set-up sweepers that help each other in some kind of way. I made this team after the HG/SS updates. Without further adieu, here is my team!
The Lead

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe,-SAtk)
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-Trick
-U-Turn

Of all the leads I used, this has got to be the best! Jirachi also resists all of Salamence's weaknesses. Works wonders against the top ten leads. Wouldn't you like a lead that has a 60% chance of stopping the opponent's lead? Here's what i do against the top ten leads.

1.Azelf: Iron Head first. Can't do anything other than SR or Fire Blast me. Chances of Fire Blast hitting is rather low. First 85% accuracy, then 60% flinch chance.
2.Metagross: Trick. If he EQ's, I survive and send out Salamence for a free Dragon Dance, then sweep. If he SR's, I SR as he switches, and see what he sends out.
3.Jirachi: U-turn or SR first. Most enemy Jirachi's that are scarfed SR first. I U-turn to Salamence for a free Dragon Dance.
4.Aerodactyl: Same as Azelf.
5.Swampert: Same as Metagross.
6.Infernape: Same as Azelf.
7.Ninjask: Trick first and screw them up. SR as they switch.
8.Roserade: Iron Head. If he's sashed, and he doesn't flinch, he can only Sleep Powder me. He has a low chance of sleeping me considering accuracy and flinch chance. If he T-Spikes, I don't really care because only one pokemon is affected.
9.Smeargle: Pretty much the same as Roserade.
10.Same as Metagross

The Sweepers

Salamence @ Life Orb

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 252 Spe / 24 SAtk
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SDef)
-Dragon Claw / Outrage
-Fire Blast / Flame thrower
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

This beast gets so many free Dragon Dances, its not even funny. I'm not sure to have Dragon Claw or Outrage and Fire Blast or Flamethrower. It's basically a power Vs. Accuracy problem( Power Vs. Being able to switch moves for Outrage) Jirachi resists all its weaknesses and Salamence resists all of Jirachi's weaknesses. They work perfectly together! Scarf a Ground move! Bam! Dragon Dance! Then before you even know it, the game is over!

Latias@ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Recover
-Calm Mind

Special Dragon. Set up on something that is special and can't do much to you. This can also get a free CM from Jirachi because of TrickScarfing a Ground-Move, but I usually go to Salamence.

Scizor@ Life Orb

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-Bug Bite
-Brick Break

The Ultimate Sweeper. After one or two Swords Dance, and I took out all the steels with my Rotom, it's pretty much GG. Bug Bite because Technician, Brick Break for steels, Bullet Punch for Priority, Technician, and STAB. Swords Dance for raising Attack!

Rotom-H@ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 202 SDef / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Trick
Shadow Ball

This little toaster is here to faint those pesky steel types and Rotom. He is also my revenge killer. Overheat to kill the steels, T-bolt and Shadow Ball for STAB, and trick to screw up walls.

Metagross@ Lum Berry

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Meteor Mash
-Agility
-Earthquake
-Thunder Punch

And the star of the team... AGILIGROSS!!!! Standard set, Thunder Punch to hit Gyarados and Skarmory. Problem is that I get walled by Rotom, so thats where my own Rotom comes to the rescue! Meteor Mash for chance of raising attack and strong STAB, Earthquake for hitting steels that resist Meteor Mash, and Agility to boost my Speed!

Building Process

First I knew I wanted a Jirachi lead.

Then I needed a Dragon/Flying to pair up with Jirachi. I chose Salamence.

I wanted a agiligross because I wanted a bulky sweeper.

Then, I needed an revenge killer and a answer to rotom/steels that destroy my team, so I chose Rotom.

I needed a special sweeper and chose Latias

Then I needed an Priority user. I chose Scizor

So thats my team! Please Rate / Hate / Steal! Any suggestions would be helpful!

Almost all your pokemon (4/6) need to setup for they can attack. Against an oppenent with Roar that can be deadly.

Why Not make Scizor a Choice band variant. It can attack without setting up. And Rotom isn't a very good rotom counter I think. I prefer Choice Scarf or LO Gengar. It's faster with stronger attacks. Ok its less bulky but hey you got Jirachi, Latias, Scizor, Metagross and to a lesser extent Salemence. The only problem you will face is that youre team is really Persuit weak with gengar. But Rotom doesn't like the persuit either.

If you keep the SD set on Scizor I would recommend Occa berry instead of LO. This will guarantee you to get up at least 1 SD and most of the time 2.

Good luck with the team

Thanks! I will make some pokemon choiced. I'll try a Gengar and ill try and take out a few steels and ad some more stuff. Will be updateed

I know he's the 'star of the team', but have you given any thought to taking out Metagross for a taunt-user? Stall-breaking Gliscor is a very powerful way of taking on most roarers; or, if you want you can use a Sword-dance Variety for a bulky sweeper fast enough to use taunt.

It seems kind of redundant to have two dragons, BOTH with +1 +1 boosting moves, BOTH with the ability to get a free said boost. Id pick one so your weaknessess dont get too big. I agree, Choice Band scizor is the way to go, swords dance scizor just takes too long. If you want, you could get rid of either your Toaster over, or one of your dual dragons, and reaplace it with blissey. I'd say a CM bliss or Aromatherapy Bliss over your Rotom-H, and putting the choice scarf on Latias, or other way around. Because you could pack HP fire on your Latias and then have a good special wall. I think Replacing Latias with CM bliss is the way to go though. You can throw down T-wave on the incoming Bliss counter, then when they try to hit you with close combat, you run to your toaster and eliminate it. Those are my thoughts, 7/10

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Nah, SD Scizor is so underrated now, most people are prepared for the CB set. I'd say stick with SD. Bug Bite is a special move iirc, so go with X-Scizzor.

Nah, SD Scizor is so underrated now, most people are prepared for the CB set. I'd say stick with SD. Bug Bite is a special move iirc, so go with X-Scizzor.
Nope, its physical, and technician + STAB boosted to 135 base power compared to X-Scissor at 120. More PP too, and the side chance of eating up a berry.

Anyway the both CB and SD sets work fine, and both are worthy of consideration. CB is more of a revenge killer, SD is more of a sweeper. You said you needed a priority user with Scizor, well thats great but SD Scizor doesn't function as a revenge killer; he misses way too many OHKOs and can't abuse Pursuit.

Rotom... works, I guess, but if you really want to get rid of Steels, just use Magnezone.

Agiligross is a lategame sweeper. Unfortunately, so is SD Scizor. If you make Scizor the CB variant, you get a proper revenge killer with Scizor and no conflictions.

Anyway I would seriously look over your team and ladder with it a while. You can't really tell how a setup team will function unless you play with it. Still its best to try to limit setup sweepers. Its bait for a Roar death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)