Strategy Pokedex Advanced Search Options

I was thinking that when you clicked on a move in the strategy pokedex, it might be useful to put all the pokemon that the moves were
recommended for in the smogons sets. For example i search the move "Swords Dance" and i get ninjask, scyther, toxicroak, etc etc.It might help a user searching for a swords dance poke, nasty plot poke, etc etc.
Feedback is welcomed.

This would greatly benefit me, as more of then than not, I'm looking for a specific place to fill on my team, and I would like to know all the Pokemon that use that move as a competitvly viable option.

If there was a nature search, that would be useful to RNG abusers too (for finding a Pokémon to use your spread on).

Supporting this. There are a lot of people that go on about "everyone, can you help me find a good SD sweeper for my team?", but this can put this to a halt.

I'm also for this. How about an additional addition of searching for moves/categories of moves/types in tandem with abilities? Example, searching for a dragon type/levitate with wish would result in Latias (covering your teams's fire and ground weaks whilst supporting). Perhaps that wasn't a very good example, but I hope you get the idea.

I'm also for this. How about an additional addition of searching for moves/categories of moves/types in tandem with abilities? Example, searching for a dragon type/levitate with wish would result in Latias (covering your teams's fire and ground weaks whilst supporting). Perhaps that wasn't a very good example, but I hope you get the idea.
I like that, similar to serebii's "Moveset Checker", but for every possible factor, and actually mentioning whether it's competitively useful (eg. you could put in BoltBeam, and you'd get the Pokemon that can use it, and not Rhyperior).

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
yes. This would be a wonderful idea. Agreeing with hsb here... What's the point of BoltBeam on Rhyperior?
@Phoenix: Wouldn't having Dragon-type w/ Levitate w/ Wish or something along the lines of that be a bit complicated? It'd be like the Moveset Checker + typing +ability+usage+[insert more things here].

It wouldn't be all that complicated, in theory. Start with the set of all Pokemon, then incrementally apply search criteria until all criteria have been exhausted or the result set comes back empty. The actual implementation of such a search may or may not work like that (it's been a while since I last used a database), but that's the gist of it.

Putting that plan into practice is another story. But then again, I'm just here for the theory.

What could work is your criteria for a team, say you want the ability Levitate on 2 Pokemon, a Spin Blocker, and a CM Sweeper, you would get Latias/Mismagius and Rotom-h/Mismagius/Gengar. So, you could pick and choose what you want.

That kind of search could already be handled by the aforementioned search criteria. Maybe you won't be able to use "Spin Blocker" as a search criteria due to how vague such a term is, but if you searched for Pokemon with the Levitate ability that learned specific moves you were looking for (Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Will-o-Wisp, etc.) you'd have just what you need.

Searching by team isn't necessary. Just do 6 separate searches.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fully for this, one thing that would need to be decided is if OO should be included in the search. Often when you are looking for a Pokemon that you would not otherwise think of for a specific role, OO is very helpful.

If possible it would be good to extend this to recommended items and maybe even type/ability for even more options for quick searching (edit:basically what Phoenix Wright said).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)