US Arceus at Toys 'R Us/Australian Arceus at EB Games - Both going on now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
He probably just has 2 games and 2 ds's and he resets one game to keep getting arceus and trading over to his real game.

I would get one.
But my Toys-R-Us is far away and might not even do it.
Also, can someone explain what happens when you get it.
Does the green man at a the pokemart just give you it?

Typical. Pretty much every country gets this event except the UK:( My brother has Japanese Movie Arceus and he ev trained using vitamins, and it is better that any other pokemon by a long shot.
Not better than one that has a full EV spread...

Why bother with multiples anyway? Lol

Just get one, RNG abuse it for perfect IVs, then clone it. Instant profit.

Why bother with multiples anyway? Lol

Just get one, RNG abuse it for perfect IVs, then clone it. Instant profit.
Not everyone has an AR to be able to clone Classic Ribbon pokémon.

I picked up 3 last night. I'm not bothering with IVs because of the EV limit. I'll just wait for the azure flute to get released for that.

Why would you have to?
To get the huge number. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes to get another one if you remain relatively focused on the task.

Original goal had a minimum of 18 without having any for reset. This number may make some OCD sense:

-One to remain in the collection of legendaries in the main (original) Diamond game.
-One for the living pokedex in the MPR Pokemon Pearl cartridge.
-16, each holding a different plate for the living pokedex expansion in the MPR Pokemon Diamond cartridge.

Going above the count of 18 is only natural from there. Having at least two to soft reset is great... a gimmicky one to take advantage of its unique moves and at least one with a more serious design.

It's plenty easy to bump the desired count higher still if you want to hold on to extra ones you can trade for people.

Now, as I said, my ending total will likely be 25. On Saturday, I had a total of six games that could receive Arceus:

-Main Pokemon Pearl
-Main Pokemon Platinum
-Resettable Pokemon Diamond
-Resettable Pokemon Pearl
-Resettable Pokemon Platinum
-MPR Pokemon Platinum

Of the resettable games, Platinum is not in a state that can be reset thanks to the Membership Card and Oak's Letter. That leaves the resettable Diamond and Pearl games for obtaining more Arceus. For each subsequent visit to Toys R Us, I can prepare those two games ahead of time and thus we can consider those Arceus to be freebies. Those visits would be:

-Sun, Nov 8th (2nd day of the event, to reach the 18 minimum.)
-Wed, Nov 11th (Not as much pressure to get home immediately.)
-Sun, Nov 15th (When picking up New Super Mario Bros Wii.)

That's 2 * 3 = 6 free Arceus, plus the 6 from the first day meaning 12 "free." Given the current target of 25, that leaves 13 to get. 13 * 15 = 3.25, 13 * 20 = 4.3 so about 4 hours if undisturbed.

Now, practically speaking, it's a rather boring 4 hours so it's incredibly easy to be distracted, thus it stretches into the 4-5 hour range.

It's only natural.

so I just got my arceus from toys r us a few mins ago. I thought you could only have a max of 2 wondercards at a time. any ways I have 3 and it works(deoxys,dragonite,arceus). I thought it would have deleted deoxys for sure, but therevare 3 cards and I can pick up all of them from the green man. can anyone explain? (though this is a good thing and not a bad thing)

Yes, a silly question to register for, but I'd intended to do it for a while anyway...

Anyone know if the wireless point used for the gift can generally be reached from the parking lot rather than going into the store? Don't want to give any kids my flu and not really shopping for anything to make it look good (although I do still need a new copy of Monopoly, but...)

Blackhawk11

one on one
Yes, a silly question to register for, but I'd intended to do it for a while anyway...

Anyone know if the wireless point used for the gift can generally be reached from the parking lot rather than going into the store? Don't want to give any kids my flu and not really shopping for anything to make it look good (although I do still need a new copy of Monopoly, but...)
I know the real reason you don't want to go into TRU, but it's ok, not many of us like getting caught playing Pokemon in public. =P
Anyway, in my experience, the wireless signal cannot be reached from the parking lot, however maybe if you pulled up close to the building it would. But once I just went into the vestibule (place where they keep all the carts) and I could get it from there.

Get them swine flu masks if you are that paranoid. Then again, there will probably be another event for Arceus over Wifi.

I know the real reason you don't want to go into TRU, but it's ok, not many of us like getting caught playing Pokemon in public. =P
Anyway, in my experience, the wireless signal cannot be reached from the parking lot, however maybe if you pulled up close to the building it would. But once I just went into the vestibule (place where they keep all the carts) and I could get it from there.
What? I have a Kasugano Sakura plush doll attached to my Mirror's Edge runner bag that I carry around campus (no one outside of the arcade has ever recognized it, though), I would totally attach a Luxray (if fluffy enough) or Pikachu if I had one!

It's less that I don't want to be seen playing (since I play it in public all the time) than I don't want to have to go by myself, heh.

Got back from Toys "R" Us.

Arceus Count: 31
SR-able: 3
Days gone: Nov. 7, 8, 14, & 15
Total time spent: 24 hours
Games used: Main Diamond, Main Platinum, Spare Pearl, a Diamond (SR)
Times kicked out of Toys "R" Us

Conclusion: I wasted a lot of my life...

Oh I get it.
You get an Arceus on a game, trade it to an important game, than reset and get another. Another sad part:pirate:, for I only have 1 main pearl and 1 main platinum. No diamonds. I am only 14(13 when I only had pearl), what can I do?

It is times like these that make me wish I could get a job.

Haaaaa, just got a 31/31/31/31/31/31 modest Arceus!

But I guess I'm not cool because I only have two available. :U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)