OH! So Choiced 1st RMT

Hey guys its DarkendFearz. First of all I would like to say this is my first RMT so also suggest how I could write a better one. I have recently joined smogon although I use it and have it open almost all the time. I am a youtuber and decided to join smogon after people just assuming I am not good because I youtube and entertain while battling. Of course this is not the case, as I am one of PurpleSurge's top battler (yes the place that is consider noobish). Anyways today I bring you a two the features 2 underused pokemon that are playable in the OU tier and and an interesting lead. This team was based off some random pokes but I instantly fell in love with it. So now I share it with all and hope you guys give your best opinion. Rate Comment Enjoy.
Hehe Being a Youtuber and all, I almost told you guys to subscribe hehe.

Celebi (Jasmine) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
~Trick
~Stealth Rock
~Thunder Wave
~U-Turn
Nature: Jolly
EV: 80 HP / 252 DEF / 176 SPD
The Pixie that is generally seen in stall. It has multi uses and is excellent as a lead. This is a set I came up, with some inspiration from Sucker4Jessica from youtube. Generally I trick on the first turn, Thunder Wave on the switch then choose to either set up some rocks or u-turn into a better match-up. I am not so sure on the ev spread. I use to run 32 HP 220 Speed and 252 Def but someone suggested this ev spread that I am currently using. Celebi can deal with numerous leads and serves as way to stop sweeps if choice scarf is still intact and the ability to trick or thunderwave.

Rotom-h (iShedinja) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
~ Shadow Ball
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Thunder Bolt
~ Over Heat
Nature: BOLD
EV: 252 hp / 168 def / 88 spe
Rotom-H Solves my Lucario issue as well as my Machamp issue and is a big help once flygon is down! great check in for gyrados and walls scizor Well. Overall Rotom-H is a replacement for Arcanine. Providing great Coverage. Messing up Psychical threats and providing as a spin blocker as well. Thanks to iShedinja (Mori) for the edit.

Umbreon (GotThatDown) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
~Sucker Punch
~Payback
~Curse
~Wish
Nature: Careful
EV: 252 hp / 4 atk / 252 sp.def
Sucker Punch! Umbreon is usually looked down open in OU. I've did some research on its moveset and notice suckerpunch. The Curse Payback Sucker Punch combo is DEADLY. Synchronize makes peopke think twice before using a status on Umbreon. It deals with Burn and para rather well. Wish with umbreon's natural bulk allows it to set up rather nicely. You don't know how many times umbreon has swept as well as walled pokes till there death. I really enjoy this set!

Magnezone (Near) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
~ Thunder Bolt
~ Substitute
~ Hidden Power (Grass)
~ Flash Cannon
Nature: Mild
EV:172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Substitute magnezone is surely the best set on this team. At first I ran choice scarf magnezone on this team and it helped a lot. But substitute has seem to work a bit more wonders for this team with all these CB scizor's running around. Not sure about the moveset though, Someone suggested Signal Beam/ HP Grass haven't had time to test it.

Flygon (iShine) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
~U-Turn
~Earthquake
~Outrage
~Stone Edge
Nature: Jolly
EV: 252 ATK / 252 SPD / 6 HP
Mr.Flyong shines though everything! Provides great synergy and kills those damn mences! I run jolly because pro. I have tested Choice Band and it also works wonders. Yeah not much to say except great heatran check in.

Scizor (DanTheMAN) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Super Power
~ Pursuit
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 ATK / 228 HP / 32 SPD
Scizor is an amazingly great pokemon! Playing mind games with opponent. Either by trapping them fearing a pursuit or u-turn or bullet punch. Choice Band scizor is surely a pokemon to be FEARED Also is a great Check in for Tyranitar's. Although I have to be aware of Babari users.

All in all I am very pleased with this team. I hope you have enjoyed it and maybe test it out for yourself ;D Please rate honestly and how I can change to improve my future RMT's!

Special Thanks To:
~ Megan_Fox (Near)
~ iShedinja
~ You guys for Rating!

Use TIMID on magnezone with full speed. you cant afford to be slower than SD scizor because it can just KO with Superpower/brick break. After switching into rocks a few times, arcanine is no longer able to counter SD scizor and your team falls.

Hey Xavier.

Now for your team =)

Your Celebi set is nice and dandy, though it is entirly outclassed by jirachi. Jirachi can do exactly the same thing, but with more resistanses. Celebi is weak to the common U-turn and pursuit, making it rather frail.

The set you can use is:

Jirachi @ Scarf
Jolly | 80 hp / 252 atk / 176 spe
U-turn, trick, s rocks, thunder wave / iron head

This is practically a carbon copy of your celebi set. This will work better because there is a dramatic increase in tyranitar and gliscor, or other leads that have u-turn. Thunder wave vs Iron head is whether you really need the thunder wave support. And since you have it on celebi, I guess you do need it.

Arcanine. Is he really needed on this team? Flygon covers the fire weakness quite well, as it out speeds scarf tran and OHKOs with earthquake. Besides, Arcanine is weak to rocks, which is a HUGE problem in a metagame where rocks are omnipresent. I would suggest removing it for a Rotom-h.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Bold | 252 hp / 168 def / 88 spe
Thunder bolt , W-o-w, shadow ball , over heat

This thing will assist your team so, so much. First of all, once flygon is down, Lucario can sweep your entire team. Jolly or adamant, you have no way of stopping it after a SD. Rotom-h is your solution to this as it resists extreme speed, and can hopefully outspeed it and KO with over heat. Rotom-h also gives you a counter to the some what rare substitute machamp, or machamp in general. The buff fighter nails through everything you have with STAB dynamic punch.

On magnezone, I'll suggest changing your current set. Why? because a SD scizor out speeds it. Change it to:

Magnezone @ Leftovers / Life orb
Naive / Timid | 40 atk / 252 sp.atk / 216 spe
HP grass, thunderbolt, substitute, explosion / flash cannon

If your running a timid nature, use flash cannon and put the 40 atk evs in hp. Anyways, you have NO grass attack on any of your pokemon bar celebi. This gives you quite a swampert problem. I recommend Naive so you can deal with latias and blissey with explosion. Life orb is if you want more power, but I don't recommended it as you'll find yourself dieing quicker. You said that Gliscor are an issue, so flashcannon can solve that as it is a STAB attack coming from a base 130.

Using this zone is simple. Just switch in on a Bullet punch, set up a sub, and thunderbolt away. Whatever the opponent switches into (probably a blissey) Thunderbolt or explode if you chose it. If you have flash cannon, switch out if needed. It is really just common sense.

On Umbreon, change the EVs to: 252 hp / 4 atk / 252 sp.def @ Careful nature
Your current ones are going to make it get owned by a draco meteor, or mixmence in general.

Well those are my 2 er 3 cents.

Oh. just a nitpick. You might want to put those 6 hp evs on flygon in def. >_>

Good day

-iShedinja (Mori =o)

Jirachi @ Scarf
Jolly | 80 hp / 252 atk / 176 spe
U-turn, trick, s rocks, thunder wave / iron head

This is practically a carbon copy of your celebi set. This will work better because there is a dramatic increase in tyranitar and gliscor, or other leads that have u-turn. Thunder wave vs Iron head is whether you really need the thunder wave support. And since you have it on celebi, I guess you do need it.

Arcanine. Is he really needed on this team? Flygon covers the fire weakness quite well, as it out speeds scarf tran and OHKOs with earthquake. Besides, Arcanine is weak to rocks, which is a HUGE problem in a metagame where rocks are omnipresent. I would suggest removing it for a Rotom-h.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Bold | 252 hp / 168 def / 88 spe
Thunder bolt , W-o-w, shadow ball , over heat

This thing will assist your team so, so much. First of all, once flygon is down, Lucario can sweep your entire team. Jolly or adamant, you have no way of stopping it after a SD. Rotom-h is your solution to this as it resists extreme speed, and can hopefully outspeed it and KO with over heat. Rotom-h also gives you a counter to the some what rare substitute machamp, or machamp in general. The buff fighter nails through everything you have with STAB dynamic punch.

On magnezone, I'll suggest changing your current set. Why? because a SD scizor out speeds it. Change it to:

Magnezone @ Leftovers / Life orb
Naive / Timid | 40 atk / 252 sp.atk / 216 spe
HP grass, thunderbolt, substitute, explosion / flash cannon

If your running a timid nature, use flash cannon and put the 40 atk evs in hp. Anyways, you have NO grass attack on any of your pokemon bar celebi. This gives you quite a swampert problem. I recommend Naive so you can deal with latias and blissey with explosion. Life orb is if you want more power, but I don't recommended it as you'll find yourself dieing quicker. You said that Gliscor are an issue, so flashcannon can solve that as it is a STAB attack coming from a base 130.

Using this zone is simple. Just switch in on a Bullet punch, set up a sub, and thunderbolt away. Whatever the opponent switches into (probably a blissey) Thunderbolt or explode if you chose it. If you have flash cannon, switch out if needed. It is really just common sense.
Thanks A LOT! on the rate. As i said in the intro it was just a random team with great synergy and needed much work. But I see how rotom-h Just improved the team a A LOT! Running Jolly Scarfed Flygon now allows me to run HP Grass on magnezone so thanks for pointing that out. I see the ev spread on umbreon, But i might miss the ATK so not exactly sure. I had celebi at first because the trick was extremely unpredictable to some players plus a nice check in for some pokes. But ill test out the Jirachi :(

Just wanted to add that sadly that standard rotom doesn't counter lucario. The standard SD lucario can outspeed and an adamant LO+2 Crunch does 107.2% - 126.3% to it according to the Smogon Damage Calculator. It's very difficult covering the weakness without changing any pokemon, but a scarf jirachi as your lead preferably with fire punch covers it nicely. Hope that helps and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)