DarkendFearz is UBER! *Uber Team* -Peaked #6 in Ladder-

Introduction
Hey Guys whatsup! My name is DarkendFearz or Xavier. I am a YouTuber and joined the Smogon community in order to improve my Pokémon battling skills. I usually tend to play in the OU tier and have peaked in the high 40’s on the ladder. Unfortunately I always get the same thing with being haxed and I get frustrated and lose and lose and lose, it’s rather funny. Anyways back on topic. I was recently selected to become an Uber’s gym leader on a forum and decided to make a completely new team and shoddy to improve my skills. Somehow after using this team for a couple of days I decided to get serious with it and ladder. I peaked at #6 with 1773 cre. I have come to you the Smogon community to rate my team as it has many flaws yet seems to be worth something. After all I did reach #6 on the leaderboard!
Team Process
I wanted to build a team that had me at a great starting position with the leads. So scizor was chosen.
Scizor needed some good synergy. As he can’t deal with Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyorge or Shaymin-S that run HP FIRE leads. Kyorge seemed to be the best check in. Thus the blue Orge was added
I thought about the team a bit more and needed somewhat of a Thunder resist. Latios with Soul Dew could take a few thunders and hit back hard on choiced switches. So Draco Meteor Latios came to mind.
Kingdra was causing a bit of problems and thunder was still hurting my team to much. Plus priority was lacking as a CM variants of Latias, Latios and Kyorge were tearings my team intro shreds. Mixquaza came into mind and thankfully it did.
I needed a check in for Lucario and Scizor
To be honest I just wanted use Shaymin.

Scizor (MightWings) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 176 HP/100 Atk/232 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~Bullet Punch
~U -turn
~Pursuit
~Roost

For a lead I wanted something that took out most other leads yet could still stay around for a bit of revenge killing. I thought and thought until I finally came across scizor. Scizor does well against Darkrai and all Deoxys leads. The only real issue is Dialga which isn’t seen much as a lead and ho-oh, Kyorge and Groudon. Kyorge provides amazing synergy with this lead.
Kyogre (BlueOrge) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
~Calm Mind
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Substitute

To be honest, Kyorge has a lot of opportunities to get his sub up and start calm minding. The ev spread gives me a way to constantly check in on Groudon and Tyranitar while changing the weather. Sometime I do wish that I ran thunder, but a +3 Kyorge 2 hit k.o.’s other standard Kyorge’s. Substitute allows me stop blissey from walling me and gives me a bit more room to get a free hit in. I am really considering changing the ev’s or just replacing Calm Mind with Thunder.
---
Latios (RedLatios07) (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~Draco Meteor
~Grass Knot
~Surf
~Recover

Latios is one of those pokemon I use to hit and run. As well as having another counter to kyorge, who at times, gives my team a bit of problems. Grass knot is standard to hit Groudon and Kyorge harder than ever. Surf receives a nice boost in the rain. Draco meteor pretty much OHKO’s everything that doesn’t resist, not mentioning Blissey. I’ve notice that Draco Meteoring a Kyorge instead of grass knotting it is the best option. As it will die either way but if my opponent choose to switch, I nail a nice 2hit k.o on some Dialga’s or a OHKO on Mewtwo or Giratina, who often come for the expected grass knot. I am considering to change Latios into Latias to take on Kyorge better. I haven’t really tested it out yet.
---
Rayquaza (Spear Pillar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 40 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
~Draco Metoer
~Fire Blast
~ExtremeSpeed
~Outrage

Mixquaza has turn into one of my favorite pokemon in this tier. It solves my lack of priority issue while catching some Pokémon off guard with the STAB Draco Meteor. Fire Blast allows me to easily pick off Scizor and Lucario, although a miss could prove deadly. Outrage is only used near the end of the game. The thing that I love about Rayquaza is its ability Air Lock. This allows me to outspeed the dreaded Kingdra’s. Apparently it provides great synergy with Lucario.
] Dialga (Steel Dragon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+SPD, -Atk)
~Draco Meteor
~Flamethrower
~Thunder
~Dragon Pulse

Dialga has been a respectable member to the team. Saving me from scizor and Lucario sweeping. Plus I can outspeed and revenge many threats. Dialga has helped me a numerous amount of times. Surviving two scarfed water spouts from kyorge. If not Taking one specs water spout and killing of or severely damaging a Kyorge back with Thunder. The only real issue this poke has, is dealing with Blissey and Wobba. As well as it is still out paced by Rock polish Groudon.
Shaymin-s (MyBaby) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~Seed Flare
~Earth Power
~Substitute
~Air Slash

Shaymin-s also provides great synergy when it comes to leads that Scizor cannot handle. The substitute plus three attacks has really prove shaymin-s greatest set on this team. Taking out mot Dialga's in 2 hits as well as OHKO'ing Kyorge and Groudon. Air Slash allows me to deal some heavy damage and can save my butt at times. At first I just wanted to use shaymin-s. Yet he has proven himself worthy of staying on the team. Out pacing most of the metagame.

Threat List
Darkrai Lead are easily handle with scizor and another priority user. As well as Shaymin-S. Nasty plot ones are not a big deal seeing as i have priority and Shaymin-s
Deoxys Is pretty much only seen as a lead. Depending what form I either pursuit then Bullet Punch or u-turn with Scizor.
Dialga Latios Draco Meteor comes close to OHKO on non max sp.def variants. On max sp.def variants I can catch him on an outrage and set up with Lucario or just got for the kill with Close Combat.
GarchompScarfed Variants are rather annoying, I usually let a pokemon die. Go into scizor u-turn into Lucario then either Swords Dance or ExtremeSpeed it for the k.o. Depending on 2 turns or 3 turns of outrage.
Giratina Lucario usually outspeeds if not Rayquaza handles it well.
Giratina-O Same as above
Groudon Leads get up there rocks but kyorge or shaymin-s handle it well. Kyorge handles Rock polish ones with ease!
Ho-oh Leads are put to shame with kyorge but other then that i have work my way by outspeeds or priority whorring.
Kyorge This poke gives me a bit of problem, but I usually handle scarfed or specs variants by switching around. If not Latios does a hefty amout with draco meteor or grass knot.
Lugia Haven't battle one but Rayquaza handles this well.
Manaphy Haven't battle that either
Mew Only seen as a lead which goes down to scizor
Mewtwo If scizor is at full health it can take it on. Other then that this poke can have a little sweep.
Palkia Scarfed variants are easily beat with Kyorge and latios.
Rayquaza My mix beats SD types. I try to get it Locked on outrage and set up with Lucario.
Shaymin-S Scarfed varients die to kyorge and shaymin-s combo.
Wobbuffet This thing is just annoying.

A well used Rock Polish Groudon can seriously hurt this team when used correctly ;). A solution to this would be to change your Skymin set to the standard scarfer. A Groudon after a RP fails to outspeed the shaymin and you can OHKO back with seed flare or just flinch it to death.

Skymin @ Scarf
Modest | 4 hp / 252 sp.atk / 252 spe
hp ice, seed flair, air slash, earthpower

This set allows you to do numerous things. Once is to kill the aforementioned Groudon, most Dialga, or even Palkia.

Good team overall, just one question.. What is Lucario really doing for your team? Rayquaza is arguably the best stall breaker in the game and it seems a bit to frail. Extreme speed might help here and there but other than that..

Have you considered mono-attacking restalk kyogre, it would give you significantly more staying power than the kyogre you are using now and still allows you to beat blissey

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I was about to suggest Rock Polish Groudon as a threat, but that's been already mentioned.

Anyways, Lucario doesn't stop Forretress from setting up, since it doesn't have Taunt or Rapid Spin or anything that will prevent Stealth Rock/Spikes. Speaking of which, your team really wishes it had Stealth Rock. Lucario can be replaced with a support Dialga.

Dialga @Leftovers
252 HP / 140 SAtk / 116 SDef
Modest Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower/Thunder
-Thunder Wave/Toxic

Dialga has some of the same resistances as Lucario, including immunity to Toxic and resistance to Stealth Rock. But it also counters Specs Kyogre better than any other Pokemon on your team. Toxic lets it beat Wobbuffet.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I do not see how he has an RP Groudon weakness as it can't really set up and Kyogre can stop it well. Nevertheless, using CroOgre instead of your set could really help give you more staying power.

Your team has a large weakness to Flamethrower Mewtwo, Hidden Power Fire Lati@s. Flamethrower Mewtwo easily smashes Scizor and then will likely get one more kill before priority will take it down. Same goes for Hidden Power Fire Lati@s. Your team also lacks a good Specs Kyogre switch in. Using Latias over Latios solves the Kyogre issue, thanks to her higher defenses. As long as you don't use HP Fire, you can also outspeed HP Fire Lati@s and toast them with Draco Meteor beofre they can counter-attack. Scarf Dialga can be used over Shaymin-S if you need another Mewtwo check, and it also fixes your huge Lucario weakness. (Sets up on Scizor and has a field day then.)

If you need Stealth Rock, which I heartily recommend, Lead Metagross over Scizor can help. The set is the same as the OU lead: MM/SR/BP/Explosion with Max HP and Atk Adamant @ Chesto Berry. It also stops non Fire attack having Lati@s and Mewtwo well.

Nice team!

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Triple posting? The Edit button is there for a reason.

I usually set up while forretress is setting up. They can choose to switch or stay in and be swept. Thats what i meant. Ill test out the Dialga.
If someone keeps Forretress in against Lucario, it means they have something to handle Lucario's attacks. Usually a Giratina-O, as the two are quite often paired together. No decent player would actually let Lucario set up 3 Swords Dances in a row.

I would keep Shaymin-S as it is your best bet versus stall; instead of replacing Shaymin-S with Support Dialga, replace Lucario instead, as Aragornbird suggested.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would keep Shaymin-S as it is your best bet versus stall; instead of replacing Shaymin-S with Support Dialga, replace Lucario instead, as Aragornbird suggested.
What are you talking about? Mixquaza + Lucario tears stall to pieces. He also has Sub CM Kyogre (or CroOgre if he changes it) and a Pursuit to kill Latias. He is fine vs. Stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)