Maybe 4 U-Turners with 2 resistances for every type is a bit excessive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team started off with Jirachi, Celebi, Scizor, and Flygon, 4 good Pokemon with U-Turn which I hoped would be able to hold off my opponent for my last 2 Pokemon. I mostly threw this team together on whim and I think it needs a LOT of improvement.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
---

Stealth Rock and Iron Head standard fare for leads. Ice Punch due to the fact that I'm sorely lacking in Ice Attacks and with it I can take down a Dragon locked into Outrage. U-Turn to reduce predicting.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---

Life Orb to hopefully not get locked into a move. With help from Tyranitar's Sand Stream, hopefully it'll be enough to knock off enough HP to make up for the difference with Bullet Punch.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
---

HP Fire because I sorely lacked Fire moves, and serves as a good lure for Scizor. Grass Knot because its primary purpose is to counter Gyarados. Hopefully U-Turn catches Tyranitar on the switch.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
---

Again, sorely needed Fire attacks so Fire Blast is there, hopefully I'm able to predict a Steel switch in. Good coverage with its attacks, and mostly I'll be U-Turning in the early game.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
---

My answer to Latias. I dunno, I didn't put a whole lot of thought into this one. Mainly I also needed an answer to non-scarf Heatran and Rotom as well, so I made due with Tyranitar.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
---
Defensive Gyarados. Fire resistance, Ground immunity, and Intimidate was the main reason I chose Gyarados as it serves to threaten and power down Physical threats such as Salamence and Lucario, as well as opposing Gyarados.

Well, here's the weakness/resistance chart:

As you can see, I have at least 2 immunities/resistances for every type, which hopefully can amount to something in the long run.

I think I might have something with a combination of Pokemon like this. Maybe 4 U-Turners is a bit excessive on top of that, but that's why I posted this here, so that someone can HOPEFULLY help me fine-tune this team. Thanks if you can, hopefully I've done all the formatting and comments right to warrant this stays open.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Your descriptions are rather short and could use a bit more expanding.

Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
You need to improve on your descriptions. Try and stay away from 1-2 line descriptions, aim for 3-4. Explain why you chose a Pokemon, what it does, how does it contribute to the success of the team, etc. Just fix your descriptions adhering to the rule quoted above. If you fix the descriptions properly, PM me the changes and I'll unlock your thread. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)