The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think 200.000.000 Euro rumors are bullshit. Ronaldo>Suárez for now, in five years Suárez>Ronaldo.

Has anybody even watched the Youtube vids?

The concrete bids from 30.000.000 Euro-70.000.000 Euro are concrete and I think 600.000.000 Euro is the prize he is worth. The notable bids Suárez considers in the summer transfer period are FC Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester United and Arsenal.
You can find YouTube compilations of about any good player and say he is world class by ONLY judging that video. It's about how he performs regularly and not just little parts from a lot of different matches. 60 million (I assume 600 is a typo)?! Kaka went from Milan to Real for 64 million, and he was world class for a couple of years then. To be honest, Ajax should be damned happy if they get 30 million for him. Sneijder, Huntelaar, Van der Vaart, Kuyt, Van Persie, Seedorf, etc. all moved for less.

[quote="Altaria]Stekelenburg is a very good goalie. First keeper of the Dutch national team. Maybe you should search some Maarten Stekelenburg-saves on Youtube. Maybe a 6th place is too good for him, but he should be in the top 10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know he isn't bad. I'm Dutch myself and I regularly watch live matches. Again, screw YouTube videos. You can make compilations of great saves by just about any keeper. It's about how he performs during a whole season. Stekelenburg is a fine goalie, but he's not first keeper of the Netherlands because he's one of the best in the world... He's the best of the Netherlands. I hate to say, but that's not saying a whole damn lot at the moment. Stekelenburg is the best choice at the moment, but he's far off from the likes of Van der Sar, De Goey, Van Breukelen, Pieters Graafland, Van Beveren, etc. At least he still has growth potential. Goalkeepers tend to peak pretty late in their career (e.g. 30+).

Sorry. I meant 60.000.000 Euro. I edited that post.

Suárez performs pretty consistently. He scored in 14 of the 26 Eredivisiegames. In all other won Eredivisiegames, he made at least one assist. If you rate him on a scale between 0 and 10, he never should be graded below 6 this season.

Real Madrid beat Sevilla in the dying seconds of the match by a goal from Van der Vaart, so that mistake(it was a huge mistake) didnt cost Madrid the match ;)

But Real won 3:2 at least well 13 games at santiago bernabeu and 13 wins :D
barca only played 2:2 in almeria both have 62 point now

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
credit to real for the come back. statistically they whitewashed sevilla and deserved their win. i hope barca can sort themselves out though. i really dont want madrid to win this year (or any year for that matter).

I still don't get why Villa was not bought when he was available at the start of the season for half the price of Ibra and is the most proven striker in La Liga. Great showing by Real Madrid and for the first time in a few years i feel they have a chance of beating Barca but i really don't want them to.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I still don't get why Villa was not bought when he was available at the start of the season for half the price of Ibra and is the most proven striker in La Liga. Great showing by Real Madrid and for the first time in a few years i feel they have a chance of beating Barca but i really don't want them to.
their champions league tie with chelsea probably helped influence their decision. you can have all the possession you want, but you need to be able to score against the best defences to win titles; sometimes, to do that, you have to hoof the ball up field and not try to play your way through the middle. ibrahimovics attributes best suited barcelonas requirements..

If Ibrahimovic wants to fit in Barcelona, he has to stop acting like a six-year old and start playing football. This is not the first time that he has been sent off for something stupid

I doubt he will change he knows he is very talented and has a history of being a little moody bitch even back in Ajax.

They could probably do with a more natural winger on the left as well, Henry is out in the summer, Pedro has been fantastic but im not sure he is ready for the big teams, Iniesta is better in the centre. I expect when Fabregas comes in the summer Iniesta will take the left wing with Xavi and Fabregas in the middle.

Manchester United demolished Milan in Old Trafford: 4-0.

Real Madrid drawing in its own Santiago Bernabeu meaning that Lyon will proceed in the quarterfinals, while Madrid are again knocked out of the Champions League.

Yesterday Arsenal(5-0) and Bayern Munich(2-3) earned their place in the quarterfinals for the Champions League.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Funny to see Madrid out so soon, I'm sure they really wanted to win it this year with the final at their stadium. Ah well, their style of play can't win the Champions League any more. The longer it takes for them to learn that, the longer it'll be before they win it again.

Man United battered Milan, and Arsenal did the same to Porto. Bayern got through just about in a tough tie, so we've got four of our eight teams now.

Taylor

i am alien
Only a matter of time before so-called "favourites" to win La Liga, Real Madrid, are humiliated at the Bernabeu by Barcelona.

Also, it's a good feeling knowing we've finally eliminated AC Milan in the knockout stages of the Champions League. But the way we dominated the second leg was tremendous. Surely we will, behind Barca, be one of the teams in the running for the Europeon crown.

Barcelona is nothing compared with the Barcelona of last year. Manchester United on the other hand gives the impression that they are stronger then last year, so I think that Manchester United has the upper hand on the moment

perhaps the ronaldo bandwagoners will start supporting a real team now
Not that the problem with Real is Ronaldo... far from it. I agree with Havak.

(btw, wth is a ronaldo bandwagoner? are there actually ppl saying "omg real iz the shiz cuz it haz ronaldooooo!!1"? I'd like to belive there aren't... one thing is to apreciate him as a player, but that's just stupid. either that or you do have a problem with Ronaldo, to which ranting here is of no help.)

Btw, I predict the following posts will be about Liverpool's loss (and one or two about fulham's game), without any reference to the other games.

Chelsea won today on Stanford Bridge with 4-1 against West Ham. 2 points is the gap between Manchester United and Chelsea, while Arsenal have the exact same amount of points, but have played 1 match more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)