Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

OK, so the seed I need to meet to get an ID of 19244 and SID of 43872 is 5C1615EA.

I put it into the Seed to Times and chose: 2010 03 27|22:11:00|5600. So I SR the game at that time and entered my name within a few seconds and in the end, got an ID No. 60717. So what should I do to hit my seed better in the future?

EDIT: I plugged in the Trainer ID i got (60717) into the Seed Finder as well as the time and delay range. It says I hit a seed of 7B1613CF with a delay of 5061 and 31 seconds. What could this mean?

Thanks that is great help. The first post says that the average delay for HG is 5000-5700. What would it be for me if I also want to spend time inputting my trainer name?
You can find your average delay by doing the following:

1. Synchronize your DS clock with the clock on your computer.
  2. Soft reset the game when your PC clock hits a new minute.
  3. Speed through the new game process, except the part where you enter your name, take your time there.
  4. Make a note of the minute that you press A when Oak says "I'll see you later!" and your character shrinks into game. (You need this for step 6)
  5. When you get into game talk to your mom and get your trainer card.
  6. Enter your trainer ID and the date and time of when you finished step 4 into the Seed Finder column of ID Finder (Pandora's Box).
  7. Put a range of like 3000-6000 for Min and Max Delay, then hit Find Compatible Seeds.
  8. From the list of seeds (hopefully small), the delay will likely be around the 4000-5000 mark so look for one in that range if you get multiple seeds.
I know these steps cause I'm going through this process now. I'm finally at the point where I'm trying to hit my seed, but am off by only a couple delay :(

OK, so the seed I need to meet to get an ID of 19244 and SID of 43872 is 5C1615EA.

I put it into the Seed to Times and chose: 2010 03 27|22:11:00|5600. So I SR the game at that time and entered my name within a few seconds and in the end, got an ID No. 60717. So what should I do to hit my seed better in the future?

EDIT: I plugged in the Trainer ID i got (60717) into the Seed Finder as well as the time and delay range. It says I hit a seed of 7B1613CF with a delay of 5061 and 31 seconds. What could this mean?
Are you using emloop to help you hit the delay? If not you definitely should, read the guide on the first page of the thread.

Since it takes about 75-90 seconds to create a new game you want to set your DS clock to 22:09:00. Put 60 in the pre-delay box, though you will probably need to change this based on how long it takes you to start the game, so adjust it based on your the "seconds" value of the seed you get (Remember you want 0 for seconds when you get the seed). Enter the delay value into the delay box on emloop.

You will then sync your DS clock with emloop by hitting A on the set time screen on your DS and starting emloop at the same time. This starts the pre-timer. Turn off your DS after setting the time and turn it back on. Soft-reset the game when the first timer goes off (Hit the checkbox below the timer to enable a beeping sound to help). Go through the whole New game process and wait at the "I'll see you later screen!". Press A when the second timer goes off. Check your trainer ID, if its not the one you need plug it back into Pandora's box along with the date and time and hit generate seeds. Look for your result and see what delay you hit and what seconds.

Let me know your results and I'll show you how to adjust some values in emloop to help you get your seed.

EDIT: As for the Nidorans... Breeding Nidoran is a special case; female Nidorans can either produce male or female Nidorans, but male Nidorans with Ditto can only produce male Nidorans. So, maybe the game uses a different method than normal to determine gender? Illumise and Volbeat are int he same boat; perhaps you could test it by breeding an Illumise with the same seed and see if you get Illumise (as RNG Reporter would imply) or Volbeat (as your experience might indicate)?
so you're telling me that even after the RNG is cracked, we still have no idea as to what will come out of the daycare? That's quite strange. maybe it is not based on the RNG. or maybe its opposite day for the nidorans and Female actually gives you male. that wasn't an insult, it was an actual question.

Are you using emloop to help you hit the delay? If not you definitely should, read the guide on the first page of the thread.

Since it takes about 75-90 seconds to create a new game you want to set your DS clock to 22:09:00. Put 60 in the pre-delay box, though you will probably need to change this based on how long it takes you to start the game, so adjust it based on your the "seconds" value of the seed you get (Remember you want 0 for seconds when you get the seed). Enter the delay value into the delay box on emloop.

You will then sync your DS clock with emloop by hitting A on the set time screen on your DS and starting emloop at the same time. This starts the pre-timer. Turn off your DS after setting the time and turn it back on. Soft-reset the game when the first timer goes off (Hit the checkbox below the timer to enable a beeping sound to help). Go through the whole New game process and wait at the "I'll see you later screen!". Press A when the second timer goes off. Check your trainer ID, if its not the one you need plug it back into Pandora's box along with the date and time and hit generate seeds. Look for your result and see what delay you hit and what seconds.

Let me know your results and I'll show you how to adjust some values in emloop to help you get your seed.
Followed your steps and instead I got an ID No. of 34210.

Followed your steps and instead I got an ID No. of 34210.
Plugging that back into ID Finder, you'll get a few results,
7A1613E9
That's the seed, delay, ID, SID, Seconds looks closest to your previous time.

Change the 60 in the pre-delay box to 30, you want to create the new game 30 seconds faster.

Also you're a little behind on your delay so try and be ready quicker to hit a on the last screen :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
so you're telling me that even after the RNG is cracked, we still have no idea as to what will come out of the daycare? That's quite strange. maybe it is not based on the RNG. or maybe its opposite day for the nidorans and Female actually gives you male. that wasn't an insult, it was an actual question.
Yeah, we don't unfortunately. Mostly because Nidoran and Volbeat\Illumise are special cases. I've heard it depends on the level difference (if Nidoran female is higher level, you get female Nidorans), but never tested this myself.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

For the ID\SID abuse, you're going to use emloop.

Put your target delay in the red box, then click the blue box to get it in minutes and seconds. You'll notice your target delay (5600) comes out to 1 minute, 33 seconds. We want the DS clock to be 22:11:00 when we finish, so we're going to do two things to make sure. 1) Have the total time (yellow + green boxes) be two minutes, rounded down, so put 27 seconds in the green box. 2) Change the DS clock to 22:09 at the same moment you start the timer (click pink box).

Start the game at the exact moment the first timer counts down to 0. Make a new game, and press A at "I'll see you later!" when the second timer counts down to 0.

Now, there's a time gap between the time you start the second timer and the time delay starts counting. We will have to account for this gap. So the first game you make will only be used to calibrate. Plug in the ID you got into the Pandora's Box Seed Finder, along with the target date\time. It will tell you how many seconds and delay you are off. Use minimum delay 4500 and maximum delay your target (in this case 5600).

Pick a target ID in the search result that seems reasonable (like one that says 2 to 10 seconds). Calculate the difference between that ID's delay and your target, and adjust for this in emloop. For example, if you see an ID at 8 seconds with 5367 delay, add 233 to the red box (=5600-5367) and subtract 12 from the green box (=8 second gap + 4 extra seconds added by 233 delay). Now you've accounted for the difference, keep trying until you get the right ID.

It's always good to keep checking the IDs you get in the Seed Finder to see if you need to make more slight adjustments to your timing.

For the ID\SID abuse, you're going to use emloop.

Put your target delay in the red box, then click the blue box to get it in minutes and seconds. You'll notice your target delay (5600) comes out to 1 minute, 33 seconds. We want the DS clock to be 22:11:00 when we finish, so we're going to do two things to make sure. 1) Have the total time (yellow + green boxes) be two minutes, rounded down, so put 27 seconds in the green box. 2) Change the DS clock to 22:09 at the same moment you start the timer (click pink box).

Start the game at the exact moment the first timer counts down to 0. Make a new game, and press A at "I'll see you later!" when the second timer counts down to 0.

Now, there's a time gap between the time you start the second timer and the time delay starts counting. We will have to account for this gap. So the first game you make will only be used to calibrate. Plug in the ID you got into the Pandora's Box Seed Finder, along with the target date\time. It will tell you how many seconds and delay you are off. Use minimum delay 4500 and maximum delay your target (in this case 5600).

Pick a target ID in the search result that seems reasonable (like one that says 2 to 10 seconds). Calculate the difference between that ID's delay and your target, and adjust for this in emloop. For example, if you see an ID at 8 seconds with 5367 delay, add 233 to the red box (=5600-5367) and subtract 12 from the green box (=8 second gap + 4 extra seconds added by 233 delay). Now you've accounted for the difference, keep trying until you get the right ID.

It's always good to keep checking the IDs you get in the Seed Finder to see if you need to make more slight adjustments to your timing.
Followed the steps and got an ID of 36471. Put it in Pandora's Box and got one with a 5417 delay and 3 seconds and also 4845 delay and 18 seconds. What do I change in emloop now? (BTW, when I put in my trainer ID into Pandora's box, is the target time 22 hours and 11 minutes?

EDIT: I changed the red box number to 5783 and green box number to 21. I ended up with an ID of 09903. Plugged this into Pandora's Box and it gave me 3 results: one with 5611 delay and 0 seconds, one with 5625 delay and 13 seconds, and one with 4431 delay with 19 seconds.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31
I've finally got, it took me fucking seven days but i got it. like to thank mattj and darkryu for their advice. the radio for me was so wierd. i had to hit the bottom left button 11 times to get a frame of 44 minus ho-oh's frame that gave frame 43.

Followed the steps and got an ID of 36471. Put it in Pandora's Box and got one with a 5417 delay and 3 seconds and also 4845 delay and 18 seconds. What do I change in emloop now? (BTW, when I put in my trainer ID into Pandora's box, is the target time 22 hours and 11 minutes?

EDIT: I changed the red box number to 5783 and green box number to 21. I ended up with an ID of 09903. Plugged this into Pandora's Box and it gave me 3 results: one with 5611 delay and 0 seconds, one with 5625 delay and 13 seconds, and one with 4431 delay with 19 seconds.
I would hazard a guess that the 5611 and 0 seconds is the seed you hit, since you are trying for 5600 and 0 seconds. So you are real close, you just need to press A the last time 11/60ths of a second faster (0.18333 seconds).

OmegaDonut, Is there a simple way to verify my seed when I reset to pick my starter?

I finally got my ID/SID set, and am now trying to get a shiny on frame 24 (only option available for my shiny with method 1). Right now I'm using rare candies and MetalKids IV calc to get the IV's and then putting them into RNG Reporter to find the seed. That process is a bit tedious, so I was hoping maybe you or someone could point out another way.

Thanks in advance!

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Sorry for disturbing but no one seems to answer some of my rather simple questions...

What are offsets BTW?

Do I need to know that very much when RNGing in HGSS?

I also tried using RNG Reporter 7.20 BETA
I tried the seed finder under find initial seed by IVs...
Whether or not I selected HG/SS Delay, the result(s) are the same, so...
Does it mean RNGing in HGSS the same as that in DPPt?

Sorry for disturbing but no one seems to answer some of my rather simple questions...

What are offsets BTW?

Do I need to know that very much when RNGing in HGSS?

I also tried using RNG Reporter 7.20 BETA
I tried the seed finder under find initial seed by IVs...
Whether or not I selected HG/SS Delay, the result(s) are the same, so...
Does it mean RNGing in HGSS the same as that in DPPt?
I'm not sure what offset does either but I'm able to RNG without knowing it.

I've also noticed the HG/SS delay box doesn't always seem to matter, but you use it regardless just to make sure.

I didn't RNG is DPPt, but it is similar in HGSS, just there are no Coin Flips and Happiness checker to check for seeds. Instead you need to catch a Pokemon and check its IV/Stats in the Seed Finder.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
IMO, since HG/SS is already released recently, my suggestion for ye guys is to make an article about RNG abusing exclusively for HG/SS (or maybe put a little for DPPt)
So that I or the others will minimize asking redundant questions.
And try to make it clearer.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
IMO, since HG/SS is already released recently, my suggestion for ye guys is to make an article about RNG abusing exclusively for HG/SS (or maybe put a little for DPPt)
So that I or the others will minimize asking redundant questions.
And try to make it clearer.
yeah that suggestions been made a bunch of times already why it hasn't been made I don't know either no one has the time or wants to since its pretty much the same as D/P/Pt not only that but theres a bunch of useful posts on the differences between D/P/Pt and HG/SS concerning frame advancements and the like

For OmegaDonut's spreadsheet for all the awesome spreads, is there any way to find a certain IV combinations by using ctrl+F? Like for ex: make it find 31 in the HP column, 31in Atk column, Adamant for nature column, etc. and so on.

Emily @ You said it. HGSS is released recently and they are working their ass off to get this work for us. They're still researching it so be patient

Omega has started posting HGSS specific info in post #2 of this thread.

@klock - Highlight the header row and turn on the Filter option under the Data menu. Then you can filter by specific numbers or use a rule like >= 30.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)