My Offensive RMT

How the team started.

I originally wanted to start off with a team that could use Dragonite, even though he's commonly outclassed by Salamence. I decided that I would try to use Dragonite anyway. Scizor and Dragonite are two of my old favorites and most nostalgic pokemon ever so I started off with them. Scizor and Dragonite's weakness's are fire and Ice so I needed to find a way to protect them.

It just so happens that Suicune can cover both of their weakness's really well and also happens to be my favorite of all the bulky waters. I noticed that I had a huge Gyarados weakness so to remedy this I added Latias.

I wanted to use Rotom as that's the perfect answer to Gyarados as well as being a good spin blocker but sadly the stupid Rotom Wi fi Glitch prevents me from using it so I decided to use Latias. Latias is amazing, a really awesome special sweeper, acts as a secondary revenge sweeper and keeps Gyarados in check. Now all I needed was a late game sweeper and a lead. I didn't want to have Dragonite as my late game sweeper because at that point he'd be no different than Mence and I'd be better off using Mence so I went with Lucario as my late game sweeper.

Alright so I decided to go with Lucario as my late game sweeper, because he's always interested me and I've never gotten a chance to use him so I figured now would've been a good a time as any. Lucario is amazing and I really love using him. Lastly I needed a starter so since I couldn't decide I decided to just go with Azelf.

Final team:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Naive
4 attack/252 Speed/252 special attack

Taunt
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Fire Blast

Basically Azelf is the usual suicide lead. Use Taunt depending on the lead, or stealth rock and then Explode next turn.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant
Technician
248 HP/252 attack/8 speed

Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Super Power
U Turn

My third favorite pokemon and one of the most over used pokemon, ever and for good reason too. I don't think an explanation is needed since this pokemon literally explains itself. Although I really want to try out the SD version, because I've tried it before and I found it to be funner than the CB version.

Latias @ Choice Specs
Timid
4 HP/252 special attack/252 speed

Trick
Surf
Thunder Bolt
Draco Meteor

She's so adorable and yet so deadly. Acts as a secondary revenge killer, as well as a special sweeper. Trick can mess some things up if I give them a useless Choice Specs. I chose Choice Specs over Scarf because I wanted her to pack a bigger punch with Draco Meteor and Surf.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
214HP/61 def/235 special defense

Dragon Dance
Heal Bell
Dragon Claw
Roost

Basically Salamence beats Dragonite in every category except in bulkiness. Well forget Salamence, Dragonite will always have a place in my heart. This Dragonite can survive lots of attacks, even non stabbed Ice Beams. Basically send in Dragonite on anything that will cause them to switch and use Dragon Dance. If they don't switch in then Dragonite will most likely survive a non Ice Attack due to it's amazing bulk and get at least one Dragon Dance in. Roost and Heal Bell allow Dragonite to surivive longer, along with Leftovers and Dragon Claw serves as Dragonite's main attacking move.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 252 defense, 4 special defense

Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Calm Mind

Basically, Suicune takes lots of hits and he covers all of the weaknesses that my team has. He can also be a very potent special sweeper after a couple of CMs and can OHKO Mence with Ice Beam.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant
4 hp, 252 attack, 252 speed

moves
Extreme Speed
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Crunch

If anybody's wondering why I put Metalgarurmon, it's because they have the same color scheme, both are metal and Lucario reminds me of him. Lucario is just amazing. After a swords dance plus life orb damage plus stab 120 close combat is a force to be reckoned with. Extreme Speed for priority and dealing lots of damage and crunch for any ghosts that try to end Lucario's sweep.

Dragon dance set looks good, but try out outrage instead, It locks you, yes, but it gives you a bunch more power.
Suicune says: I dun like rest.
Why not go try CroCuine? Looks like it would fit the bill on everything you need. or, try out vaporeon w/ wish, just because it heals all of your other team.
I'm hoping Sizor is Techi. Please, let him be.
aerodactl does a much better job of everything your azelf does, exept he don't 'splode.

Tee hee. Expolding Aerodactal.

Dragon dance set looks good, but try out outrage instead, It locks you, yes, but it gives you a bunch more power.
Suicune says: I dun like rest.
Why not go try CroCuine? Looks like it would fit the bill on everything you need. or, try out vaporeon w/ wish, just because it heals all of your other team.
I'm hoping Sizor is Techi. Please, let him be.
aerodactl does a much better job of everything your azelf does, exept he don't 'splode.

Tee hee. Expolding Aerodactal.
I'll give Outrage a try.

The thing that I like about Suicune is that it's long lasting with Rest and acts as a status absorber as well. Suicune covers all of my pokemon except for Azelf(who's job is to die anyway lol) so I feel that rest is a must.

Yes Scizor has Technician lol, I edited it in.

Azelf has been working for me as a lead but I can see some benefits to Aerodactyl as it's faster so I might try it later on.

I don't think you need Dragonite sashed, especially if it has Roost. Since Azelf can sometimes lose speed ties with Taunt, or go against Aero leads, you won't get SR, so maybe use Leftovers on Dragonite instead of Focus Sash?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I suggest the Bulky DD Set listed on smogon for your dragonite, it gives far better coverage and lets you sweep far better while still retaining bulkyness.
Also I feel that Bullet Punch is a worthy move on Lucario now with Scarf Tar becoming quite popular.

Try Heal Bell on Dragonite instead of ThunderWave and Leftovers over Sash (as Dragon Dance boosts your speed anyway) and then the Suicune you have now can be replaced with a Bulky-Offensive Cune with 172 HP/ 120 SpA/ 216 Spe and CM - Surf - Ice Beam - HP Electric, with leftovers and Timid nature.

With this spread Crunch becomes much more effective on Lucario, I know you said you didn't want to have to breed for it but it could be worth it against Rotoms that potentially cause this team problems. I don't think you need Bullet Punch on Lucario as you have a Scizor on this team and is much better for handling ScarfTar.

I suggest the Bulky DD Set listed on smogon for your dragonite, it gives far better coverage and lets you sweep far better while still retaining bulkyness.
Also I feel that Bullet Punch is a worthy move on Lucario now with Scarf Tar becoming quite popular.
The thing is I want Dragonite to be as different from Mence as possible and I think this is the best way to diffrentiate the two.

Try Heal Bell on Dragonite instead of ThunderWave and Leftovers over Sash (as Dragon Dance boosts your speed anyway) and then the Suicune you have now can be replaced with a Bulky-Offensive Cune with 172 HP/ 120 SpA/ 216 Spe and SM - Surf - Ice Beam - HP Electric, with leftovers and Timid nature.

With this spread Crunch becomes much more effective on Lucario, I know you said you didn't want to have to breed for it but it could be worth it against Rotoms that potentially cause this team problems. I don't think you need Bullet Punch on Lucario as you have a Scizor on this team and is much better for handling ScarfTar.
It took me forever but I finally got a Lucario with Crunch. I also changed Thunder Wave to Heal Bell. The only problem I see with that Suicune is how much of a pain it is to actually get the right Element for Suicune. It's almost impossible to know which HP your getting and how to get it.

Instead of Rest/HP Electric on Suicune you could try Toxic as latias is a good enough counter to Gyarados as it resists waterfall (should) outspeed after a DD and OHKO with Thunderbolt. With Toxic Suicune has an excellent way to deal with bulky waters without Rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)