THE KING (a crappy NU team)

I'm not the greatest battler, and I usually spend most of my time in UU. I decided I might try a NU team, and I think it needs a lot of help. So here it is....

LEAD:

PERSIAN
Technician
Leftovers
Jolly
EVs: 6 HP/252 ATTACK/252 SPEED
Moves:
-Assurance
-Roar
-Fake Out
-U-Turn

The purpose of this lead is to use Fake Out (which has suprising power with Technician and STAB) and to then U-Turn. Later on, once I set up Stealth Rock support, I bring out Persian again. I use another Fake Out, then I Roar until I find something weak. If I feel like it will switch out, I'll use Assurance and if I feel like it'll stay, I'll U-Turn to one of my sweepers. The EVs and Nature are set up to maximize speed and to inflict a lot of damage. I'm finding that it tends to be outspeed often, though.

THE KING:

SLAKING (THE KING)
Truant
Choice Band
Adamant
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 ATTACK/ 252 SPEED
Moves:
-Return
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Brick Break

This guy is the reason I wanted to try NU. He's so good, yet his ability makes him so bad. I try to use him in a way that nullifies his ability: as a revenge killer. When someone dies, I send him in. He kills them in one hit because of his amazing attack and high speed. After that the opponent tries to switch in something to counter him. If it's a threat, I'll switch to a sweeper who can handle it, and if it can't hurt me, I'll stay and annihilate it. He also serves a great late game sweeper, and no one can really hurt him and he can easily kill anything left.

THE SUPPORT:

ARMALDO
Battle Armor
Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 ATTACK/6 SPEED
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Rock Blast
-X-Scissor

This guy sucks. The only reason I'm using him is because he has both Stealth Rock AND Rapid Spin. No one else in NU can do it. Stealth Rock is very important, though, as it's half the reason why I use Persian. Rapid Spin is also important, as my team has no recovery moves, so entry hazards HURT. X-Scissor is for basic sweeping, and Rock Blast is too, although Rock Blast hits through Substitute.

THE WALL:

WALREIN
Thick Fat
Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 220 HP/240 DEFENSE/50 SPEED
Moves:
-Toxic
-Super Fang
-Brine
-Ice Beam

This guy is great. There is a fool proof strategy. 1)Use Toxic 2)Use Super Fang 3)Use Brine (Also, Brine gets STAB). It's so good it's almost scary. Unfortunately, I can't run hail, but Walrein still recovers HP from Leftovers. Ice Beam is just filler and another STAB move.

SPECIAL SWEEPER:

GRUMPIG
Thick Fat
Leftovers
Modest
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 SPC. ATTACK/ 252 SPEED
Moves:
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Power Gem
-Signal Beam

I like Grumpig. I think it works well on this team, especially because it helps me with my fighting weakness. Psychic is there to cover fighting types, and everything else is there for versatility and type coverage. It's suprisingly quick, and it can pack an unexpected punch. Other than that, no extra suprises.

PHYSICAL SWEEPER:

MUK
Sticky Hold
Black Sludge
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 ATTACK/6 SPC. DEFENSE
Moves:
-Brick Break
-Fire Punch
-Poison Jab
-Thunder Punch

Another one of my faves. Once again, suprisingly strong. Poison Jab is for STAB. Brick Break is for versatility and for coverage, as are Fire Punch and Thunder Punch. A great physical sweeper who can even take a hit himself.

This team needs some work. I get torn apart a lot, and I have a lot of losses with them. PLEASE rate my team.

Have you even tested this? Slaking CANNOT switch out on a Truant turn, meaning that you're giving a free turn to whatever switches in, often giving them a chance to stat-up and sweep your team. You should really rethink this, as Slaking doesn't work under any single battle circumstance.

Have you even tested this? Slaking CANNOT switch out on a Truant turn, meaning that you're giving a free turn to whatever switches in, often giving them a chance to stat-up and sweep your team. You should really rethink this, as Slaking doesn't work under any single battle circumstance.
Slaking actually CAN switch out on a Traunt turn, at least from personal experience.

If you don't like Armaldo, try Sandslash, who can also Rapid Spin/Stealth Rock.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
252 Attack/252 HP Adamant or 252 HP/defense whatever floats your boat.
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Personally I prefer Armaldo, but many take Sandslash as the better option. It resists Stealth Rock and can take out things like ScarfPrimape and Skuntank, which is something Armaldo cannot do most of the time. It does lose coverage against Slowking, but overall, Sandslash is a lot more solid.

This.

However, if you DO use Slaking, give him Giga Impact over Return. Giga Impact's recharge turn takes place during its loafing turn, which basically means that it can use Giga Impact with no consequences due to its ability. (...although really, the ability is sort of a consequence in and of itself, isn't it? But still.)

To Rayquazamaster776- Have YOU even tested this? Next time, before you make some wild accusation, y don't u check your facts.

To Class- thanks, I really needed a replacement and Sandslash is working out really well, so thank you.

To Banryu- I like Giga Impact, but if I use it then I can't switch out, which basically means that the opponent gets to set up or destroy me in the recharge turn.

As quoted from the analysis page for D/P Slaking:

"The final and most controversial option is Giga Impact. Many players dislike the fact that Giga Impact renders Slaking immobile on the turn after it is used. This may not sound bothersome, but Giga Impact's downfall is that you will be unable to switch out Slaking after you use it, unlike Return."

So Rayquaza has some apologies to make methinks.

You Persian set is, well, lacking. Replace Assurance for Bite/Return. Bite is much better then Assurance, gains Technician boost, and can Flinch, while Assurance is just... bad. Return is a 120 STAB move. And Roar? Roar makes you go last, disabling that fragile cat for a free hit. Replace that for Taunt so you can stop Jumpluff in its tracks. Life Orb or Silk Scarf will do much better then Leftovers, giving you extra damage or extra power for Fake Out/Return.

I would definitely suggest replacing Slaking with the ScarfCham Set.

@ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Adamant Nature
Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break
Psycho Cut
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

Hi Jump Kick or Brick Break is your personal preference, depending whether you are afraid of the 90% Accuracy or want to break Screens.

I would also suggest replacing your Grumpig with the Calm Mind Set. It makes for a better special sponge when set up and hits way harder.

@ Leftovers
252 HP/20 SpD/236 Speed
Timid Nature
Calm Mind
Substitute
Psychic
Signal Beam/HP [Fighting]

Signal Beam get's the coverage on other Psychic, while HP [Fighting] hits Steels that you can't touch well.

I may be back later with a longer rate.

Good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)