Halo Reach (beta May 3rd!)

so i'm usually not into competitive shooters but i'm trying this out since i borrowed odst from my friend, and the controls are different now, what control get up are you guys doing? the standard one or recon?

This is fucking sick. I played ~5600 H2 games and ~2000 H3 games, so I'm not quick to praise a new game - I really don't like H3 much. This game is really excellent though. It's totally different than the other three, but not in a bad way at all. Lovin' it!!

Honestly, the beta feels kind of like ODST on steroids for me: not being able to jump as high, running slightly slower, it kind of feels like ODST with some new stuff in there. I don't really like the DMR. The reticule bloom really ruins it for me. I'm not against the reticule bloom, I just think it needs to be worked out. I find that I win half my battles with the DMR. Even if I get the first shot, someone can spam the trigger and kill me half the time. The pistol needs a larger magazine. I find myself having to reload when I get in the battle. I don't care too much for the new covenant weapons. I kind of like the needler rifle.

I hate the armor abilities and loadouts personally. It just doesn't work out for me. It doesn't feel like I'm playing Halo when someone sprints ahead of me. Armor lock is broken and only pieces of shit use it.

I think it has potential, but it definitely needs some fixing.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
got it downloaded finally, and it is much fun. I'm not really digging the whole covenant spartan segregation, not getting any human guns is rather annoying because covies just becomes a plasma pistol/needle rifle fest. Swat is a lot of fun, I've destroyed every game I've played of it usually getting more than half the kills if people on my team are terrible. Also, have they taken out the extermination medal? I've got three overkills in one game of swat while playing this really really shitty team. I guess I could have killed one person twice, but I'm fairly sure they were all different people.
The whole game seems more streamlined, changing the emblem's is sooo much better than it used to, and being able to see your friends so easily is wicked.
Really liking stockpile, but I would really like to see invasion.

This is a question directed at the more competitive members. First of all i would like to know your highest rating in arena. Secondly i want to ask how youve been finding the level of competition. In my experience it has been extremely high. Like permanent MLG in arena and when you come up against a party of 4 on grab bag it is an auto loss.

LOVE IT. my one big complain is that sword is now useless? double pistol hits beat a sword 1v1? bs.
arena rank is 1650-ish, not played much yet, but we win 4 out of 5 games roughly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)