Tyranitar the "Boah"

Thanks guys ill be testing out the Crocune and will mostlikely be adding Gliscor, will update soon

I received your PM, so let's see what we can do with your team.

First and foremost, I want to congratulate you for using a rather uncommon set on your team, something which many players do not do nowadays (including myself). Now, I'd like to focus on pointing out specific problems that I find with your team. My biggest concern is that your team lacks Stealth Rock, which is very crucial if your team is to have success. Let me explain: Stealth Rock is necessary in weakening Flying-types that give your team hell otherwise. You say that you use Cresselia to counter Salamence, but without Stealth Rock, the chances of coming out on top are shaky at best. Ice Beam can only KO Salamence with Stealth Rock in play, and in return, it can 2HKO you with a +1 Outrage. Sure, you can Reflect and Rest, but Salamence can always switch in later and KO you once you're asleep, which of course, is the biggest problem. Stealth Rock is also vital if you are to stand any chance against stall teams running Gyarados. You say Tyraniboah and Jirachi will beat stall, but the fact of the matter is, you won't be able to. Gyarados can repeatedly switch into Tyranitar and wear it down with entry hazards from the rest of the team and Roar, while Jirachi will struggle against Blissey in the long run. There aren't any immediate solutions I can offer for this problem bar one, which is to replace your Roserade for Smeargle (which you mentioned in your post).

Specifically, I'd recommend something like this, which still fills relatively the same role your Roserade currently does.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt / Endeavor / Magic Coat

The premise of the set is simple, as I'm sure you can imagine. The biggest trade-off of using this set is that you'll have a bit more trouble with Swampert, but Roserade probably wouldn't cut it either in the long run, considering Swampert is usually used on defensive/stall teams.

Next, I noticed that your team really struggles against Heatran. You say that your Tyranitar can set up Substitutes against Heatran and Focus Punch it, but this is simply not true. According to the Smogon damage calculator, Heatran's 252 SpA Earth Power will do a minimum of 32.7% against the standard "Tyraniboah". I can see Heatran giving your team trouble mainly because nothing on your team can actually deal with it, except for Flygon. The bad part is that Flygon won't be able to switch in too often, and once it goes down, the rest of your team will follow. In order to resolve this problem, I recommend two important changes.

The first change would be to replace your Flygon for a Vaporeon running the standard Wish Passer set. Vaporeon can stall out Heatran with a combination of Wish + Protect if its Life Orbed or simply KO with Surf whenever the opportunity arises. Vaporeon can also help heal up your Jirachi and Tyranitar, who will inevitably lose HP after using a Substitute or two.

The second change I recommend, should you decide to go with the first, is to replace your current Rotom-A set to a Choice Scarf set. I recommend this change mainly so you have a reliable revenge killer, and Rotom-A can revenge kill pretty much the same stuff that an Adamant Flygon can.

Anyways, let me know how these changes work out for you. Good luck!

I received your PM, so let's see what we can do with your team.

First and foremost, I want to congratulate you for using a rather uncommon set on your team, something which many players do not do nowadays (including myself). Now, I'd like to focus on pointing out specific problems that I find with your team. My biggest concern is that your team lacks Stealth Rock, which is very crucial if your team is to have success. Let me explain: Stealth Rock is necessary in weakening Flying-types that give your team hell otherwise. You say that you use Cresselia to counter Salamence, but without Stealth Rock, the chances of coming out on top are shaky at best. Ice Beam can only KO Salamence with Stealth Rock in play, and in return, it can 2HKO you with a +1 Outrage. Sure, you can Reflect and Rest, but Salamence can always switch in later and KO you once you're asleep, which of course, is the biggest problem. Stealth Rock is also vital if you are to stand any chance against stall teams running Gyarados. You say Tyraniboah and Jirachi will beat stall, but the fact of the matter is, you won't be able to. Gyarados can repeatedly switch into Tyranitar and wear it down with entry hazards from the rest of the team and Roar, while Jirachi will struggle against Blissey in the long run. There aren't any immediate solutions I can offer for this problem bar one, which is to replace your Roserade for Smeargle (which you mentioned in your post).

Specifically, I'd recommend something like this, which still fills relatively the same role your Roserade currently does.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt / Endeavor / Magic Coat

The premise of the set is simple, as I'm sure you can imagine. The biggest trade-off of using this set is that you'll have a bit more trouble with Swampert, but Roserade probably wouldn't cut it either in the long run, considering Swampert is usually used on defensive/stall teams.

Next, I noticed that your team really struggles against Heatran. You say that your Tyranitar can set up Substitutes against Heatran and Focus Punch it, but this is simply not true. According to the Smogon damage calculator, Heatran's 252 SpA Earth Power will do a minimum of 32.7% against the standard "Tyraniboah". I can see Heatran giving your team trouble mainly because nothing on your team can actually deal with it, except for Flygon. The bad part is that Flygon won't be able to switch in too often, and once it goes down, the rest of your team will follow. In order to resolve this problem, I recommend two important changes.

The first change would be to replace your Flygon for a Vaporeon running the standard Wish Passer set. Vaporeon can stall out Heatran with a combination of Wish + Protect if its Life Orbed or simply KO with Surf whenever the opportunity arises. Vaporeon can also help heal up your Jirachi and Tyranitar, who will inevitably lose HP after using a Substitute or two.

The second change I recommend, should you decide to go with the first, is to replace your current Rotom-A set to a Choice Scarf set. I recommend this change mainly so you have a reliable revenge killer, and Rotom-A can revenge kill pretty much the same stuff that an Adamant Flygon can.

Anyways, let me know how these changes work out for you. Good luck!
OK Thanks, ive been busy but ill try to update it early tommorow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)