Official E3 2010 Topic

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
E3's in a week folks and it's time for me to tell you when stuff is. Why did I not tell you earlier? I was too lazy and nobody had put it somewhere that was easy to read yet. This year, I'm gonna just leave it to one topic as I don't think people really post that much here anyway. That said, if anyone wants to splinter off into a new thread about any specific game or company, feel free to do so.

Press Conference Times
Monday June 14th, 2010
Microsoft - 10:30 AM PDT
Electronic Arts - 2:00 PM PDT
Ubisoft - 5:00 PM PDT
Valve - 7:00 PM PDT
Activision (conference call, no video) - 9:00 PM PDT

Tuesday June 15th, 2010

Nintendo - 9:00 AM PDT
Sony - 12:00 PM PDT

Wednesday June 16th, 2010

Konami - 1:00 PM PDT

Streams
G4TV will have a stream and also show it on TV, they have been the best stream for me usually as far as stability and quality go
GameSpot is usually my backup stream if G4 goes down
IGN will have a stream but they used to be a little late
GameTrailers may have the highest quality stream this year if it stays up

Liveblogs
1up usually does it using CoverItLive which is great for both PCs and mobile phones
Kotaku does the same
Joystiq does it more traditionally on a regular page

IRC
Unfortunately, I won't be home for most of the conferences this year but feel free to jump on #smogon on SynIRC so you can talk to others from Smogon as you watch the announcements hit.

Anyway use this topic to discuss what you think / hope will happen until things start to actually happen.

OK, ive never seen one of these before, can you watch them on direcTV?

As for predictions, hoping for lots of black and white info, more info and a progress update on metroid:other m, and info on zelda wii 2 - more than a stupid picture that guy probably drew in 5 minutes before the show.

Beat me to it firestorm!!!!!!

Anyway only 6 days left now I can hardly wait. The top of my list is Zelda Wii and I'm hoping there will be a playable demo. I also want to see whats up with "the last guardian", and I'm mildly interested in Crysis 2. Sandbox 3 for consoles PLEASE.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You won't receive much Black & White info I don't think. Nintendo seems to prefer using Japanese magazines for that information. Maybe at TGS just before the games come out.

And lol, I'm pretty sure that concept art wasn't drawn in five minutes. Zelda will be shown at the event and I'm sure people will ask questions about Metroid's delay. Zach, I believe Zelda should be playable at the event.

I have no idea what DirecTV is. If you get G4TV you should get the conferences on TV. I think Spike has Microsoft's.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
The most they'll have for Black and White is probably a trailer showing a little more of the landscape. As for what I'm looking forward to, I wouldn't mind seeing Tales of Graces get localized. Namco hasn't brought a Tales game to North America since Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and that wasn't of the same quality as other mothership titles in the series.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK, ive never seen one of these before, can you watch them on direcTV?
If you receive G4, then yes, you do. If you've got the right package, then check channel 310 on DirecTV. It requires the Choice Xtra package. To receive it on DishNetwork, you need America's Top 200 package. Then tune in to channel 191 to get it. I'll post the times later.

Looking forward to:
-anything on the next zelda game
-prototype of the 3ds or fully finished console if it exists yet
-possible KH3 announcement (I know 2 KH games might be announced)
-something more on metal gear rising, possibly gameplay
-ill update this post as I think of the other things.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
is it worth watching any of the stuff on monday (besides microsoft). i cant remember what stuff they talk about when a lot of the good stuff is covered on the systems. also looking to see what then hell is going on with ddr.

Firestorm

is it worth watching any of the stuff on monday (besides microsoft). i cant remember what stuff they talk about when a lot of the good stuff is covered on the systems. also looking to see what then hell is going on with ddr.
Last year Ubisoft gave us:
- 30 fucking minutes of James Cameron talking about Avatar with 0 pictures or footage
- Pele stalling terribly because they couldn't get the trailer for their soccer game running
- the soccer game trailer finally going up and it being a hilarious Harry Potter-esque "I swear to god this is Quidditch" game for kids
- like an hour of Petz and Imagine shit
- 2 minute CG trailer for Assassin's Creed 2 which we got gameplay of the next day

So it really depends on how good your sense of humour is.

Valve should be exciting though. Everything else is probably a skip.

Ubisoft should have more information on Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Hopefully they'll announce a date for the beta. Also more news on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a possibility. I'm hoping for news concerning the future of other series but I'm not banking on it.

Project Natal is easily the highlight of the event, I can't wait for more information. I'm not especially excited about anything else.

i want to see what the deal is with that la noire. seeing how well rockstar made red dead redemption, i guess you can say that i'm excited to see what they'll do with noire.

Only one I am looking for right now is Valve; there is some talk on the steam forums that there will be announcement for L4D3. This is probably a rumour, but it's either that, HL2 Ep3 or Portal 2, and the latter I think they cancelled or something.

Or they could launch a new bestselling brand.

One thing I forgot: Those stations you mentioned, Firestorm, are they only for USA citizens? or should they work fine for Europeans?

Firestorm

Only one I am looking for right now is Valve; there is some talk on the steam forums that there will be announcement for L4D3. This is probably a rumour, but it's either that, HL2 Ep3 or Portal 2, and the latter I think they cancelled or something.

Or they could launch a new bestselling brand.

One thing I forgot: Those stations you mentioned, Firestorm, are they only for USA citizens? or should they work fine for Europeans?
They cancelled Portal 2's event, but are still having a conference or something. They're being super-cryptic leading most people to think it's Episode 3.

The TV channels are US-based and I'm not sure if you get them in Europe. I know some Canadians get them but I'm not one of them (won't be home anyway). The streams are worldwide and that's what I've done for the past 4 or 5 years.

i want to see what the deal is with that la noire. seeing how well rockstar made red dead redemption, i guess you can say that i'm excited to see what they'll do with noire.
The Rockstar studio that made Red Dead Redemption is not the Rockstar studio making LA Noire. Team Bondi - studio behind The Getaway on PS2 - is making LA Noire for Rockstar. Red Dead Redemption was made by Rockstar San Diego.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
wait no blizzard????? i want some diablo 3

edit: wait they are activision right? any d3 news expected?

Firestorm

Firestrom you mixed up your dates. Monday is the 14th and so on.
Oops, fixed.

wait no blizzard????? i want some diablo 3

edit: wait they are activision right? any d3 news expected?
Yeah, Blizzard is a part of Activision. I think Activision's is more of a conference call than a press conference, but in either case I don't expect much on Diablo 3. I think Blizzard will hold out until Blizzcon to go nuts on D3 along with probably beta invites for attendees.

Hopefully Rockband 3 will get announced - any news on a Harmonix promotion?
Rock Band 3 was announced back in March.

http://www.whattheyplay.com/blog/2010/03/09/rock-band-3-announced/

Harmonix is owned by MTV I believe. In any case, Microsoft and EA's conferences are the best bets for a reveal on that.

I don't think there'll be any pokemon info, since Corocoro comes out on that same day, or maybe it'll be the opposite, but I'm looking forward to some Zelda Wii 2 info as well as Metroid other M and some other games, but I don't find much time for gaming anymore :C

I'm looking for anything pertaining to Valve and it's Half-Life series. Seriously, its been a few years and I'm waiting for Episode 3, or, news concerning Half-Life 3.

Valve's secrecy on the Portal 2 crap is angering me. Hopefully they won't delay this by a decade or so.

Golden Sun on the DS will be something to look out for as well.

I doubt that there will be any Pokémon Black & White news, but all we can do now is speculate.

I'm 100% sure that there will be news or footage pertaining to the new Zelda game.

For me, Natal is bleh. Looks like another gimmicky, motion-control attempt that might possibly fail hard (remember Six-axis? No, because it sucked.)

I'm also looking forward to Valve's conference, despite the cancellation of Portal 2's event. I'm also hopeful that Electronic Arts will reveal more information about Crysis 2. Some information about the next Legend of Zelda wii game would also be excellent!

Firestorm

Sorry guys, I thought Valve just changed their Portal 2 conference into a more general one. They actually cancelled it outright. Valve will be at E3 and they have a surprise, but it's not a conference.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
looking forward to see some more footage of Arkham Asylum 2 tbh, I loved the first one, even though im no fan of Batman.
also, hopefully some more footage on the new zelda and marvel vs capcom 3
ill try to follow some streams, but we'll see what we can get into.

I'm also expecting Sony to showcase some more of Killzone 3, in which hopefully Rico dies a horrible, horrible death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)