Using Twitter to create and read updates during VGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so this would probably have been a lot more useful like two months ago, but hey we can still use it for the US Nationals and then Worlds, right?

More and more Smogon users are saying they will be tweeting during VGC with updates on how the tournament is going. This is obviously more efficient than someone at an event texting zerowing or Huy and then them relaying the information on IRC and the forums.

However, to make it simpler for everyone to follow what's going on, please tag any VGC related tweets you make with #vgc at the end. That way, we can all use this feed to follow everyone's VGC updates at once: http://twitter.com/#search?q=#vgc

Anything VGC related, just say it with that tag and it'll be a part of the list. It will also auto-update without having to refresh the page.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, even better is what we had for the end of Newark and Dallas where ET and TJ respectively updated us live with play-by-plays on IRC. Hopefully we'll have that at nats too =)

Also, TTS was supposed to do this but the selfish douche decided to win instead so we never got it, but if you have an iPhone + Data, you can do a live video stream of the event using the UStream App. Just post the URL to your UStream channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)