Time for bed (Retirement)

I built this team when latias was in OU but now that shes gone I cant really find a replacement good enough for her on this team. I was always trying to find a replacement for gyarados but couldnt find one. I tried vaporeon but wasnt to happy with her. I might try this on wi-fi but still not to shure. I am waiting to see what all you smogonites will change on the team. Anyways on to the team

First Look

Smeargle@ Choice Scarf
Own tempo
12 Atk 252 Def 246 Spd
Jolly
Spore
Explosion
Stealth Rocks
Trick

Smeargle as a lead can be devistating to a team. For the most part I normally just spore the lead to keep stealth rocks off my side of the field and trick something that bothers my team later. Every once in a while I will trick when they sr and then spore when they switch and then sr up my self to then explode. That rout normally creates a rage quite because ive seen half their team by then and possilbly even taken one of their mon off the field.

Breloom@ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
12 Hp 252 Atk 244 Spd
Adamant
Spore
Seed Bomb
Focus Punch
Substitute

Normally breloom will take out atleas two to three mon because he is just that bad ass. His set up is simple spore for the 100% sleep then sub up and fire away. If smeargle has already put a mon to sleep then breloom will normally not come out unless it is on blissey or somthing else he ressists. After that he will sub up and fire away with his punched and bombs.

Heatran@ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
252 Spd 252 SpcAtk 4 SpcDef
Rash
Dragon Pulse
Flame Thrower
Earth Power
Hidden Power (Grass)

Heatran is my revenge killer who did a spectacullar job. Most of the time i could bring him in on somthing that he ressisted and predict on what was comming in and take out the mon. He has great coverage, being able to take out dragons with dragon pulse, flame thrower for gras and ice pokemon, earth power for other heatran and tyranitar, and lastly hp grass for in comming waters and namly swampert.

Scizor@ Choice Band
Technition
248 Hp 252 Atk 8 Spd
Adamant
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Super Power
U-Turn

As much as scizor helps to scout it helps alot to have bullet punch as priority. When heatran goes down scizor helps take out what left of the weak. Ghosts were pretty anoyying to this team so pursuit helped fix that problem. And of course super power for any normal type mon cough cough blissey pain in the ass plus an added bonus in taking out ttar. But namly when scizor isnt staying which is alot of the time he is u turnung to rack up damage and seeing what they are bringing in.

Latias@ Left Overs
Levitate
208 Hp 58 Def 244 Spd
Timid
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power (Fire)
Recover

Oh latias how I miss you. She really brough the team togeather. She took out dragons when heatran was down. Hp fire always took out scizor for me and other steels along with a couple of grass. She really took out everything else this team had problems with like zapdos. Calm mind came into play when a mon lke zapdos would come out, calmd mind up recover and sweep. Benn having a hard time replacing her so suggestions would be nice for a possible come back to shoddy battle. Salamence does not work b/c of stealth rock weakness and cant take out what latias could.

Gyarados@ Left Overs
Intimidate
156 Hp 72 Atk 96 Def 184Spd
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Bounce
Taunt
Water Fall

My one and only water on the team. Dos was namely here because i felt like I needed A water type for all the fire types running around. I still to this day dont like gyarados on this team and would be happy for another mon if it fit well. Dragon dance helped boost her speed and attack to help do some damge for the rest of the team to take out. WWater fall was for stab and was always nice to get that flinch every once in a blue moon. Taunt stoped things like rotoms and gliscor switching into her from taunting wow and poisoning other team members. Lastly bounce was for namely other breloom because i didnt want one taking out my mon with there brelooms, plus intimidate hlped with that. Along with breloom if I got luck it would paralize somthing for me to make life alittle easier.

So thats the team. Any comments are welcome especially to change out gyarados. Well hope you enjoyed this team as much as I did. I figure with a wi-fi team no sleep clause which is beautiful and sleep all around

Problamatic poemon

Zapdos
Machamp
DD Life orb Salamence
Deffensive Rotom

Hi. Got your PM so I'll try and help you out a bit.

First thing I would suggest is changing your lead. If Smeargle puts something to sleep Breloom will have a harder time setting up. I would suggest using Heatran as your lead, and changing it's item to Shuca Berry. Drop Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power for Explosion and Stealth Rock. This gives you a solid lead that can help you later in the game. You'll lose the ability to Trick, as well as a quick sleep right off the start, but now you won't be getting in Breloom's way. If you miss being able to mess with other, faster leads you could always try an Azelf lead, but I don't think you really need to shut down other leads as you don't really suffer from Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes (Roserade).

Should you choose to lead with Heatran I would suggest adding a Choice Scarf Flygon. He'll be able to take on the revenging duties Heatran had as well as provide your team with a much needed electric immune. Right now if your opponent has ThunderWave on anything you have to let something take the paralysis unless Breloom is alive and already poisoned. You also have nothing to switch into strong electric attacks, as Breloom is currently your only resist and he isn't bulky enough to take multiple hits. Flygon also had the advantage of being faster than Heatran, so now you will at least tie with plus one base 100's such as Salamence after a Dragon Dance and Choice Scarf Jirachi.

Flygon@ Choice Scarf
Jolly; 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Earthquake / U-turn / Dragon Claw / Stone Edge

Standard set; if you absolutely have to revenge them, or you're pretty sure they're staying in, use whichever move corresponds to the situaiton. U-turn allows you to scout if you know you're going to scare your opponent out. You can opt for Outrage over Dragon Claw if you find you're not hitting hard enough, but I prefer not being locked in with Flygon.

Replacing Latias will be hard, since nothing can fill the exact same role as her, but I'd suggest trying a CM Wish Jirachi. Jirachi is a pretty good sweeper in his own right, but I feel the real value of that set would be providing some recovery to your team. You have a pretty bulky team, but none of them have recovery which might prove fatal against heavy stall teams.

Jirachi@ Leftovers
Bold; 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Psychic / Thunderbolt / Wish / Calm Mind

This set is really good at taking hits, as well as running through teams once they're weakened up a bit. Psychic and Thunderbolt provide decent coverage and after a few Calm Mind become pretty difficult to switch in against. Wish lets you recover any lost health as well as heal the rest of your team if you can switch them in safely.

That's all I have, hope I helped you out. Good Luck!

I will try those out on shoddy but i am gonna keep latias in the team for wi-fi. any suggestions for replacing gyarados for wi-fi. may just try out flygon instead of gyarados????

Hello!

As for replacing Gyarados, have you tried a mixed DD Mence?

Salamence
@Life Orb
Naive
80Atk/252SpA/176Spe

- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake/Fire Blast

The point of this set is to use Dragon Dance and sweep, just like the ordinary DD Mences. But when the opponent comes in with a physically defensive Pokémon like Swampert of Hippowdon you slam them in the face with a Draco Meteor, or if you have used enough Dragon Dances, Outrage/Earthquake works aswell.

Additionaly, I can tell that your team has a weakness to ice. Unfortunately, Salamence adds to this iceweakness. If you really want to keep Latias and use this team in Ubers (wich wouldn't be very clever) you should skip both the Salamenceidea and the idea coming next.

So, if you decide that you do want to play with this team in OU (most Wi-Fi battlers consider Latias Uber aswell) I would recomend changing Latias to a SubCune (Suicune) with the following set:

Suicune
@Leftovers
Timid
228Hp/64SpA/216SpE

- Subtitute
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam

The only downside with this set is that it is almost completely walled by Vaporeon, who has Water Absorb to take the STAB Surfes, and Vaporeon wont be going down to Ice Beam anytime soon, atleast not before a few Calm Minds considering most Vaporeons carry Protect/Wish. On the other hand, Suiciune walls most Vaporeon aswell, especially SubCune, cause with a sub up Vaporeon can't even use Toxic, and as Suicune is faster you should always be able to keep a substitute up. Even if Vaporeon carry HP Electric you should be able to keep a sub up after a few Calm Minds (4 or somethng?). Either way, if you are up against a Vaporeon, ALWAYS sub first to scout for HP Electric.

As Huntofthelion said you should replace Smeargle with a Heatranlead and replace Heatan with a Scarf Flygon, or as I would suggest a ScarfRachi with the following set:

Jirachi
@Choice Scarf
Timid
252SpA/252Spe/6Hp

- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Trick

You may want to replace Psychic with something else for better coverage, though I prefer psychic. You may also want to use a physical set but as Heatran was/is a special revengekiller I thought you wanted a special set.

I guess thats all I have to say, at the moment to the very least.
- Strik3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)