unconventional (UBERS)

I am a noob when it comes to ubers and thought hey it looks hella fun lets give it a shot. So after a long couple weeks I came up with this team. (Unconventional) I knew I wanted to use ho-oh parasect and primeape but wasnt to shure on the rest. I looked at alot of other teams and finally came to these six

The Team's First Look

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/40 Spd/162 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Groudons main job here is to get stealth rocks down and then wall phisical attacks while absorbing thunder waves and thunder. Stone edge is for opposing ho-ohs that lurk around as well as rayquaza. Earth quake for stab to pretty much hurt anything that does not resist it. Roar in the last slot was chosen to help move things around that might get in to many cms or dds and somthing behind a sub that i might have problems with like baton passing.

Forrtress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/112 Atk/144 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -SpDef)
- Spike
- Rapid Spin
- PayBack
- Explosion

Since ho-oh is on this team you despratly need a rapid spinner to get stealth rocks off the field so i brought in this guy. His secondary job is to lay down one layer of spikes and then when he is no longer needed explode in the face of a mon that might threaten my team. Pack is normally used before rapid spin to see if my opponent is bringing in giratina or not to atleast get a chunk taken out of him.

Ho-oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 224 HP/252 Atk/32 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earth Quake
- Roost

Ho-oh is a mon I have been wanting to try out for a long time. With sacred fire hitting steels and everything else for 50% burn it was awasome. With having the sun out to boost his fir up more i added life orb to do as much damage as possible. Brave bird and earth quake i decided on adding to ho-oh to smooth him out for as much coverage as possible. With life orb taking a toll on hp i added roost to help keep him alive longer.

Deoxy-S @ Life Orb
EVs: 100 Atk/172 Sp Atk/236 Spe
Naive nature (+Speed, -SpDef)
- Super Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Shadow Ball

The reason Behimd deoxy here is the fact I wanted a revnge killer that did not need a scarf tieing him to one move. He is fast enough to out pace amost all scarfers which lets him use multiple move while being faster than most. LIfe orb helps boost his attacks to get up to par to be able to revenge. He is sadly the only mixed mon here but does his job effectivly. Super power hits darkrai super effectivly and other deoxys where ice beam hits dragons hard. Thunder helps revenge kyorge who can be a pain in the ass most of the time. Finally shadow ball that helps tear down giratina.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 Hp/204 Sp Atk/192 Sp
Timid nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder

Well parasect was here for shits and grins but then my suspicions were confirmed latias as much as i loved her in OU is just as bad ass in ubers. Taking on kyorge is her main job while still being able to take on others if needed. Calm mind to boost up her already natrual bulky special defense and special attack. Recover to get back health from bossting up, and d pulse for anything im not hitting with thunder.

Giratina-O @ Griseues Orb
EVs: 248 Atk/64 Sp Atk/196 Spe
Naive nature (+Speed, -SpDef)
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Shadow Sneak

With adding Giratina it helps keep my hard work on the field via staelth rock and spikes. If groudon has taken alot of damage giratina helps with raquaza who could otherwise take on my team with little problems. Outrage and draco meteor give this guy stab where hp fire helps with steels. Shadow sneak not only is for stab but as well priority which comes in handy when a mon is low on hp.

Well theres the team. It has mainly been a wi-fi team as shoddy is not working for me right now but constuctive critisim would be greatly appreciated. Orginally I had scarf palkia over deoxy but liked deoxy alot more. I have thought about adding a ghost type in there to keep in my stealth rocks and spikes but dont know who to replace.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The thing that I dislike about Parasect on this team is that it's use requires your opponent to use Kyogre. While a lot of team use Kyogre, not every team does. You set up sun with your lead, which strongly cripples Parasect's ability to do anything in the tier. I'd say replace Parasect possibly with Latias, who can take Kyogre's water attacks and also adds a Special Attacker to your team. Maybe the following set.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid 112 HP/204 Special Attack/192 Speed
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Grass Knot

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi. This team isn't that bad, although I still don't like it all that much (Still, it is nowhere near as bad as Barbarossa's team, lol). I really don't get why people like Ubers Primeape so much. They might say "Oh it's a good Darkrai counter", which is bullshit because if Darkrai decides to attack you, you die. Anyway, enough on my speel of Primeape.

I knew I wanted to use ho-oh parasect and primeape
Do you mean that I'm not allowed to replace them?? If you don't mean that, I'd suggest replacing both Parasect and Primeape because they don't synergise well with your team. Parasect gets utterly ruined in the sun and quite frankly, is utterly useless other than to switch into Kyogre (Which can kill you with Ice Beam). If you're not willing to replace them because they are key members of your team, then ignore what I'm going to say and read the section in blue. If you don't mind replacing, keep reading and ignore the blue section.

Your team is believe it or not, still quite weak to Kyogre. Parasect doesn't help all THAT much (Even Genny, who discovered the UberSect set has given up on it). I'd follow Ditto's suggestion of replacing it with Latias, but replace Grass Knot with Thunder (Here's another rant from me, why do people like Grass Knot on Latias so much?? Thunder does the same damage to Kyogre while allowing you to kill stuff like Scizor and Metagross who lustfully Pursuits Latias with no hesitation if it's running Grass Knot. Groudon will hate eating Dragon Pulses anyway). So yeah, use Latias:

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 112 HP/204 SpA/192 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover
-Thunder (YES FOR GOD'S SAKE USE THUNDER, AAARGHH) - I'm sorry if I sound harsh, I'm just getting irritated whenever I see Grass Knot on Latias because it's such a poor choice and people STILL don't realise it.

Now, I don't like Primeape for a couple of reasons. Firstly, like I've mentioned already, it does poorly at its primary job, which is to counter Darkrai. Secondly, apart from its primary job, it does even worse at every other job (It's even more useless elsewhere). I'd suggest replacing him with something like Giratina-O, because since you have Forretress Spike-stacking, it would be a good idea to take advantage of this by Spin-blocking:

Giratina-O @ Griseus Orb
EVs: 248 Atk/64 SpA/196 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Outrage
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power Fire
-Shadow Sneak

Naive nature is preferred so you outspeed Adamant Rayquaza and OHKO it, since it can actually do a number to your team if Groudon is weakened.

Now, if you want to keep Parasect and Primeape, I would suggest replacing Deoxys-S with Scarf Palkia. The reason is that Deoxys-S doesn't hit hard enough (It's good as a cleaner, but that's about it). Palkia can revenge you DD Rayquazas just the same, but can hit a lot harder and is more of an issurance against Kyogre:

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Spacial Rend
-Surf
-Thunder
-Fire Blast/Draco Meteor

Fire Blast can be used if you want to abuse the sun.

Ok, I hope I helped, good luck with the team!!

At ditto and shrang. I was just wanting to give them a try but deffinatly replacable lol. I was thinking about latias and you guys just confirmed what i was thinking, thank you for that. I will be using thunder though instead of grass knot just for the main fact that i only find it usefull in OU where swampert is. As for giratina-o love that guy, just didnt know who to replace and since ive never really played ubers i wil try him over prime ape and get back with you. Thanks for the rates. I will update and see what s next

Ok I have tested and updated. The team is working ok. since im new to ubers I am still learning what goes against what so the team is working as well as it can for me. I am having problems with darkrai. Any suggestions??????

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really see that many problems with Darkrai to be honest. As long as you keep Stealth Rock off the field, Ho-oh can pretty much take anything Darkrai throws at it and OHKO back with Sacred Fire. Deoxys-S can revenge it too. Just don't play badly, and Darkrai shouldn't be too problematic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)