We're Off To See The Wizard... The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!

We're Off To See The Wizard... The Wonderful Wizard of Oz! (UU Balanced Team)

WHILE RATING MY TEAM CAN YOU FIND ROOM FOR A WISHER AND STEALTH ROCKER IN THE UU GAME. THANK YOU!

TEAM AT A GLANCE

Arcanine (Cowardly Lion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)

- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Toxic
- Hidden Power Grass

Unlike the Cowardly Lion in WoZ this Lion ain't afarid of anyone. He can deal massive damage with a STAB Flare Blitz, which makes his opponents cower in fear. His Extremespeed to outspeed almost anything. Toxic to cripple unaware sweepers and ruin our opponents team. Hidden Power Grass for those pesky Water, Ground and Rock types. The only problem would be Psychic types which is easily handled with a Toxic and switch to Absol.

Synergy
Water > Milotic
Ground > Drifblim, Torterra
Rock > Torterra

Clefable (Dorothy Gale) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)

- Belly Drum
- Softboiled
- Facade
- Cosmic Power

Clefable > Blissey period. Sure Blissey has more HP but Clefable can dish it out and take hits unlike Blissey. Just like in the movie Clefable is the star of this team. That is only if it can do the following:
1. Cosmic Power a few times
2. Softboiled
3. Belly Drum
4. Softboiled
5. Facade Away!
This is hard to achieve but if you get the Belly Drum and the Softboiled in you'll easily take out at least two Pokemon. Magic Guard means no damage from Toxic Orb which is pretty damn amazing. Facade with the Toxic Orb boost gives for a strong STAB move, reaching a base power of 140. If you thought Blissey was hard to take down try and get rid of this Clefable. (Besides those pesky ghosts)

Synergy
Fighting > Drifblim

Drifblim (Scare Crow) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Unburden
EV's: 12 HP / 252 Def / 124 SpA / 32 SpD / 88 Spe
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)

- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

You should be scared of Drifblim. It is often overlooked and misunderstood, but if used properly is not to be messed with. Get as many Calm Mind's in as possible to begin with. Then Rest and this will active the Chesto Berry which will activate Unburden allowing Drifblim to sweep with 418 speed and our boosted Special Attack. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting give perfect coverage, not resisted by any Pokemon.

Synergy
Electric > Torterra
Ice > Milotic, Arcanine
Rock > Torterra
Ghost > Clefable
Dark > Absol

Torterra (Tin Man) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Rock Polish
- Synthesis
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer

Torterra the Tin Man. I couldn't describe him better. He is a tank. Rock Polish at least once, then recover if needed. Then start wreaking mayhem. Wood Hammer is STAB and with recover its hard to take this thing down without it tearing through at least one third of your team. Earthquake is for those who resist grass type moves.

Synergy
Fire > Arcanine, Milotic
Ice > Milotic, Arcanine
Flying > Anyone. Don't have anyone who resists flying
Bug > Drifblim, Arcanine

Milotic (Wizard of Oz) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Marvel Scale
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Hidden Power Grass

Replaced Politoed. Just better defences and all. Even the Water Absorb wasn't good enough to keep Politoed (no matter how cute). Surf to help back up Torterra, Arcanine and Drifblim, as well as the basic STAB bonus Milotic gets from Surf. Ice Beam will help Politoed with Grass types and help Torterra and Arcanine. Recover to prolong its time in battle. Hidden Power Grass is for Milotic to save itself from bulky water type pokemon. So Milotic can switch out on any of my team's counters and deal a great load of damage. Choice Specs boost is also appreciated.

Synergy
Electric > Torterra
Grass > Drifblim, Arcanine

Absol (Wicked Witch of the West) @ Choice Band
Ability: Super Luck
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

- Psycho Cut
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash / Pursuit

The one to watch out for. Just like in the movie Absol is the one to cause chaos in our opponent. Its god-like base attack coupled with a few deadly attacks and the strongest priority attack in the game, Sucker Punch (receives STAB bonus), makes it a force to be reckoned with. Sucker Punch makes up for its lack luster speed. Superpower is all about brute force taking down steel and poison types. Pursuit for expected switches by ghost types when they see an Absol.

Synergy
Fighting > Drifblim
Bug > Drifblim, Arcanine

Hey there,
I don't have time for a full rate so for a quick rate try running this set on your clefable as I have used it many times before myself and it still works the same way as yours.

Clefable @ Toxic Orb

- Belly Drum
- Softboil
- Facade
- Cosmic Power

With this your able to cosmic power your def/specdef to a respectable level, heal yourself back up, belly drum, take a hit, heal, sweep. Use toxic orb over life orb because u will get the poison, which wont hurt you and boosting your facades power.

Sorry, like I said I don't have time for a full rate, and I'm not that much great of a rater myself so ill try to see if there is any other problems later and ill get back try to you.

Hey there,
I don't have time for a full rate so for a quick rate try running this set on your clefable as I have used it many times before myself and it still works the same way as yours.

Clefable @ Toxic Orb

- Belly Drum
- Softboil
- Facade
- Cosmic Power

With this your able to cosmic power your def/specdef to a respectable level, heal yourself back up, belly drum, take a hit, heal, sweep. Use toxic orb over life orb because u will get the poison, which wont hurt you and boosting your facades power.

Sorry, like I said I don't have time for a full rate, and I'm not that much great of a rater myself so ill try to see if there is any other problems later and ill get back try to you.
hmmm can i switch softboiled for wish, because my team really needs a wisher....

If I remember right, Belly Drum is illegal with Wish.
okay so ill take dopeturtle's clefable set.. but i need room for a wisher :/

Hey there,

Clefable @ Toxic Orb

- Belly Drum
- Softboil
- Facade
- Cosmic Power

I've done some calculations and i found that life orb double edge is stronger than toxic orb facade.

Bold Blissey Facade: 39-46%
Bold Blissey Double-Edge: 43-51%
Bold Shuckle Facade: 12-14%
Bold Shuckle Double-Edge: 14-16%

This is interesting, I have found a team on Smogon that is original and I like, especially the Clefable and Drifblim, I may have to steal the idea of the clefable from you there, although according to my sources, Clefable cant be bred to learn Softboiled, I may be wrong, but hey ho...

Another thing thats good about this is the in depth though you have put into the synergy, the well timed switch that could allow you to rape a lot of teams.

I like it, but its not completely perfect, by "the pro's standard", 8/10

This is interesting, I have found a team on Smogon that is original and I like, especially the Clefable and Drifblim, I may have to steal the idea of the clefable from you there, although according to my sources, Clefable cant be bred to learn Softboiled, I may be wrong, but hey ho...

Another thing thats good about this is the in depth though you have put into the synergy, the well timed switch that could allow you to rape a lot of teams.

I like it, but its not completely perfect, by "the pro's standard", 8/10
Clefable can learn Softboiled through Emerald move tutor.

Thanks for the rate! I know this team isnt "pro standard". Thats why im trying to get it fixed up :D.

beautiful team! the synergy of this team was well thought of and therefore created a great team! i can see this team causing major problems on those that arent prepared for it. especially your clefable! i mean im just use to clefable healing teammates not being able to sweep!

the only thing i can think of is maybe replacing synthesis on torterra for stone edge. other than that great team 9/10

If you are using Clefable like that, i suggest a Toxic Orb + Facade over Life Orb and Double-Edge.

The reason for this being, firstly that particular set is totally negated by ghosts (ill come to this later) and most of them have Will-o-Wisp which STILL cuts your attack despite Magic Guard. That and with a Toxic orb Facade doubles in damage (140 without stab) which makes it do MORE than Double-Edge. The next reason is status, Toxic Orb allows you to take status which this team cant really do later in the game - this is especially bad because Venusaur can sleep whatever it wants.

Next because Clefable is negated totally by ghosts, i feel switching Absol to a Choice Band set with Pursuit would really help this team out alot as you can remove said ghosts rather easily.

Either way id prolly drop Arcanine for a Stealth Rocker, that particular lead (im sorry) is very outdated and set up fodder for alot in the leads metagame these days and doesn't really beat anything anymore.

What does Politoed do that Milotic cannot ? Answer : Nothing apart from Water absorb, though that is negated thanks to Milotics better stats, recovery and ability to beat Moltres which this team has horrible problems with.

Seriously though Moltres destroys you, you really need Stone Edge on that Torterra somewhere to stop it coming in repeatedly.

Good luck and i hope this helps.

If you are using Clefable like that, i suggest a Toxic Orb + Facade over Life Orb and Double-Edge.

The reason for this being, firstly that particular set is totally negated by ghosts (ill come to this later) and most of them have Will-o-Wisp which STILL cuts your attack despite Magic Guard. That and with a Toxic orb Facade doubles in damage (140 without stab) which makes it do MORE than Double-Edge. The next reason is status, Toxic Orb allows you to take status which this team cant really do later in the game - this is especially bad because Venusaur can sleep whatever it wants.

Next because Clefable is negated totally by ghosts, i feel switching Absol to a Choice Band set with Pursuit would really help this team out alot as you can remove said ghosts rather easily.

Either way id prolly drop Arcanine for a Stealth Rocker, that particular lead (im sorry) is very outdated and set up fodder for alot in the leads metagame these days and doesn't really beat anything anymore.

What does Politoed do that Milotic cannot ? Answer : Nothing apart from Water absorb, though that is negated thanks to Milotics better stats, recovery and ability to beat Moltres which this team has horrible problems with.

Seriously though Moltres destroys you, you really need Stone Edge on that Torterra somewhere to stop it coming in repeatedly.

Good luck and i hope this helps.
thanks for the rate!
i replaced politeod and changed absol to a choice band set.
i put stone edge on absol instead of removing a moveslot off torterra.
as for a new stealth rocker can you suggest one? i dnt want to pick something that will completely throw my teams synergy off :S

anyway thanks for the rates guys/ keep them coming!

If you need a Stealth Rocker, Toterra does a fine job. Lacking the essential coverage of Stone Edge, he won't fare all too well as a RP sweeper anyway, since any Flying-, Bug- or Grass-type stops him cold - in particular the popular Moltres and Scyther. Instead I suggest a tankier EQ / Wood Hammer / SR / Synthesis set. You can keep the EVs and Nature, or run a more defensive set (Max SpD works well), perhaps with something like Leech Seed. Either way, run Lefties. You still retain his awesome typing to act as a defensive pivot, and can capitalize on the switches he causes to throw down rocks.

Stone Edge on Absol? I don't see what that hopes to accomplish. Surely you're not planning to switch in on Scyther, Moltres, or Swellow, nor will they switch in on you. I suggest Psycho Cut for Weezing and Fighting-types, and I second Azelf's suggestion of making Absol a Bander. After all, with Pursuit, your high crit rate gets wasted, and do you really want to rely on a shaky 33% chance to double your damage when you could be dealing a consistent 1.5x? By the way, Absol gets Wish, but...

An even better idea is to use Absol as the setup sweeper (SD set) and Clefable as the Wish support. In fact you could run Wish, SR, a status move, and something like SToss on Clefable, and free up Torterra and Absol as sweepers. As tempting as it is to use unconventional sets for everything on your team, you can easily fit in everything you want if you make a few concessions.

If you need a Stealth Rocker, Toterra does a fine job. Lacking the essential coverage of Stone Edge, he won't fare all too well as a RP sweeper anyway, since any Flying-, Bug- or Grass-type stops him cold - in particular the popular Moltres and Scyther. Instead I suggest a tankier EQ / Wood Hammer / SR / Synthesis set. You can keep the EVs and Nature, or run a more defensive set (Max SpD works well), perhaps with something like Leech Seed. Either way, run Lefties. You still retain his awesome typing to act as a defensive pivot, and can capitalize on the switches he causes to throw down rocks.

Stone Edge on Absol? I don't see what that hopes to accomplish. Surely you're not planning to switch in on Scyther, Moltres, or Swellow, nor will they switch in on you. I suggest Psycho Cut for Weezing and Fighting-types, and I second Azelf's suggestion of making Absol a Bander. After all, with Pursuit, your high crit rate gets wasted, and do you really want to rely on a shaky 33% chance to double your damage when you could be dealing a consistent 1.5x? By the way, Absol gets Wish, but...

An even better idea is to use Absol as the setup sweeper (SD set) and Clefable as the Wish support. In fact you could run Wish, SR, a status move, and something like SToss on Clefable, and free up Torterra and Absol as sweepers. As tempting as it is to use unconventional sets for everything on your team, you can easily fit in everything you want if you make a few concessions.
I'll try Torrterra as a lead. thanks for the suggestion. I originally had a SD Absol but Sir Azelf suggested a Choic Band set instead so i changed it.

Sorry; while I was typing that I saw Scope Lens as your item. CB and SD are both fine choices, depending on whether or not your Clefable is going to be offensive, but always go Life Orb over Scope Lens on SD.

Sorry; while I was typing that I saw Scope Lens as your item. CB and SD are both fine choices, depending on whether or not your Clefable is going to be offensive, but always go Life Orb over Scope Lens on SD.
yeah i forgot to change it when Sir Azelf told me to go for CB set. Anyway ill test SD and CB set and see which is better. Ill also try a more defensive Clefable and see how that works.

Keep the rates coming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)