Team and 'Boom Goes the Dynamite' an OU RMT

SO, this is my first RMT, mainly because this is the most successful team I have made so far, without basing it off of another team I had read about.

I started off wanting a Grass Fire Water core for obvious defensive synergy so I started with a Physically defensive Celebi to spread paralysis, heal up and come back in to spread some more. Cele-Tran is my favorite duo, so I threw in a Heatran. Next I added in a Suicune to complete the trio since he is my favorite bulky water.

Next on my to-do list was an effective sweeper, so I decided on DD Kingdra. I chose kingdra because I don't have to start playing overly defensive if the opponent is running a rain dance team.

I wanted a lead that could either stop opposing leads from setting up hazards all together, or else they end up dying with one layer of hazards up. With so many opposing leads setting up to beat Machamp(my last lead) and not wanting to have to resort to one of them to beat him and still wanting to accomplish the same thing that Machamp does, I went with Hariyama. With good bulk, being able to attack 2x before the opponent does for revenge killing, and guts/toxic orb blocking sleep, he fulfills all of my needs.

Finally, I still need rocks on the field, and want to set up dual screens for my whole team, and especially Kingdra, I went with dual screen Bronzong.

With my team complete, all that remains is to see what the community thinks of it.

Here is the completed team and all of their movesets.

Anti-lead (Hariyama) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/92 Spd/164 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch/Payback
- Bullet Punch

Fakeout first turn to activate toxic/guts and break sashes, CC or Ice punch/payback next, and if they SOMEHOW survive, Clean up with BP. And great at revenge killing by hitting with 2 attacks before opponent gets to go. Outspeeds lead Machamp and 2hko w/ fakeout/CC.
---

Sup'porter (Bronzong) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Bring in on choice locked EQ or resisted attack, and usually set up Light screen for incoming heatran. Usually a OHKO with EQ, if it is someone else, Procede with rocks and Reflect then switch out to set up screens again later.
---

And Boom goes the Dynamite (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Scarf tran Hits like a Truck, a fast truck, that doesn't know how to slow down. I love throwing out an Earth power the first time I bring him in against a Fire weak opponent, only to see them ragequit when their own Heatran is OHKO'd. The team is named for when he blows up in the face of a predicted Blissey switch in.
---

The Dog of War (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

With dual screens up he can set up on just about anything. I love sub-painsplit gengar solely because I ALWAYS end up at +6/+6 and he ends up dead. With 1 calm mind and light screen he can set up on jolteon and any other electric as well as nearly any special grass attack. With reflect up, Breloom does not 3hko with seedbomb, so I can take the sleep and try to take it out or switch to Celebi. Suicune just gets so many opportunities to set up throughout a match that I couldn't imagine anything else taking it's place.
---

Slows ya Down (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Great defensive pivot and all around great mon. Slows down opposing teams and makes it easier for Kingdra to keep a sub intact with a lucky hax. HP fire is for Scizor and for Forretress and Skarmory, who otherwise wall Celebi and can set up on him for days.
---

The Housmaid (Kingdra) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Waterfall

My late game cleaner. Come in after someone dies or against scarftran stuck on fireblast, and DD, or sub if I know they have a scarf-Flygon or possible trick scarfer. If mon switching in is likely to try to status me, use another DD or sub (if I need him longer I sub so I can use lum berry for confusion curing after Outrage) then if I DD'd I sub up on the next status attack and proceed to sweep. you would be suprised how often i get 2 or 3 DD in with him.

Well that is my team, any and all help is greatly appreciated. I know there are some holes, but this has been by far my most successful team.

Thanks for the opinion on my team, Vacancy. I expanded a little on Suicune. Anything else I need to change or any critiques on the team?

First,Dragon Dance Gyarados Actually Destroys This Team.Agility Lucario Too.Honestly,You Can Run a Offensive Suicune With Surf/Calm Mind/Ice Beam/Hp Electric To Remove That Gyarados Weakness Of Yours.Also,This Team Seems Stall Weak.This Team Lacks Any Physical Attackers And Healing.You Can Use WishVaporeon > Suicune As Vappy Can Wish And Attack Like Suicune But Without Any Stat Boosters.I Would Recommend Mixape > Dragon Dance Kingdra As To Break Against Stall Teams Like SkarmBliss

Hope I Helped

Good Luck!

The DD Gyara weakness is only for bulky gyara, I haven't had a problem with any other one.

I have had no problem with stall, maybe i'm just lucky again, but this suicune just uses blissey as setup bait and stalls out it's pp regardless of it's set. Heatran has no problem breaking through the combo. On the first switch in to skarm I fireblast and if He switches to blissey I set up Either dual screens or set up with Kingdra and hope that blissey attempts to status me as I dd then I sub and DD again.

Might as well rate since I did post previously.

Okay, I disagree with [DR] InferNape about this team having a DD Gyara weakness. Celebi completely walls Gyarados if its not carrying Bounce.

This team benefits a lot more with offensive Suicune so that part I agree with InferNape. With screens up, Offensive Suicune could potentially break holes through opponents teams.

Hariyama seems like a good variation of Machamp and looks like a good set but it has a small problem against Rotom forms. Without Payback you won't be doing too much against defensive Rotom. That forces a switch and could be costly for your team. I would personally use Machamp. I like the creativity of Hariyama but I'm not sure if it fits this team too well. Be careful against Sub Pain Split Gengar when you have Bronzong out, it could decimate half your team.

Other than that, this team looks well built and I wish the best of luck to it.

Might as well rate since I did post previously.

Okay, I disagree with [DR] InferNape about this team having a DD Gyara weakness. Celebi completely walls Gyarados if its not carrying Bounce.

This team benefits a lot more with offensive Suicune so that part I agree with InferNape. With screens up, Offensive Suicune could potentially break holes through opponents teams.

Hariyama seems like a good variation of Machamp and looks like a good set but it has a small problem against Rotom forms. Without Payback you won't be doing too much against defensive Rotom. That forces a switch and could be costly for your team. I would personally use Machamp. I like the creativity of Hariyama but I'm not sure if it fits this team too well. Be careful against Sub Pain Split Gengar when you have Bronzong out, it could decimate half your team.

Other than that, this team looks well built and I wish the best of luck to it.
I have been switching back and forth between the Payback and Ice punch on Hariyama, with pretty even results on both sets.

The sub/pain-split gengar is one reason I actually like having this version of Suicune. If he comes in on Bronzong, I Light screen up and if he is low on hp, I let him die or else switch to Suicune. Shadow ball is a 4hko with light screen so i start calmminding and rest/sleep talk as necessary. I (almost) always end up at +6/+6 and end up taking out gengar with around 60% health remaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)