Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musharna has potential to be a defensive tank, Munna has 144 HP at Lv. 50 and all. Might be a reverse Blissey for all we know, or just another Wobbuffet.

The one Pokemon that got my psyched was Rankurusu - I have to get one of those. =D
144 hp at lv 50 isn't that great. assuming something middleground like 85 HP EVs and a 15 HP IV it would have approx base 65 HP. not bad for a prevo, but nothing outstanding either. even if its base hp was higher than that, psychic is pretty bad for a tank anyway due to the lack of resists.

EDIT: @PKMN Trainer Manson, I didn't notice that b4 about the Fronteir Brains. But the castle Brain is Butler Derik or something, right? Doesn't sound much like a plant to me...
Bulbapedia says "Darach" is some old Gaelic word for "oak" and "Caitlin" is probably just a mistranslatiton of "Cattleya", a kind of orchid or something and her Japanese name, or an intended corruption to make it sound more like a name.

No, Munna has that much HP. Munna is Musharna's pre-evo - so when it evolves it will be pretty large.
Oh I completely misread that then haha. I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but from the sounds of it, it seems it will have the makings of a tank.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Well, we don't know how this shooter fully works yet. It says you need to earn "points" to use items. A.) We don't know how to obtain those points during battle, and B.) We don't know what items are awarded. Are they held items, or stuff in reserve to use, like a Super Potion?
I think you may earn points by how much damage you do against your opponent (For example, an EQ from Rhyperior under normal circumstances against a Bastiodon versus a T-bolt from Lanturn against Rotom-A again under normal circumstances)

@Unknown Tsutaja, I'm with you, since Ludicolo can learn Fire Punch

I think you may earn points by how much damage you do against your opponent (For example, an EQ from Rhyperior under normal circumstances against a Bastiodon versus a T-bolt from Lanturn against Rotom-A again under normal circumstances)

@Unknown Tsutaja, I'm with you, since Ludicolo can learn Fire Punch
I never knew Ludicolo could learn Fire Punch O.o
And another examlple is Gengar with Counter

I wish seasons were a week long instead of a full month long. :-(

I think that Giga-whatever (the Rock-type) looks like it's related to Nosepass, but I don't think it actually is, (although it should be with how much they look alike, lol).

I'm liking the new Pokemon and abilities and moves and stuff so far.

I dunno what you're looking at, Nosepass and Gigaiasu look nothing alike. The colours (which is all you're going by, I assume) are a stretch - and that's the only similarity. Gigaiasu is seemingly a lot darker blue than Nosepass.

I know you said you don't think they're related, but they don't look similar in the least bit. ;[

I'm the only one that thought that, so I'm the only one that's "insane". I just thought since they are both red and blue (well Gigaiasu is kinda blue, it's blue in its sprite).

Meh, I thought they looked similarish. But it doesn't really matter. I wonder what kind of stats its going to have and its evolutionary line.

EDIT: Sheesh! Why is everyone seemingly getting mad at me?

I'm the only one that thought that, so I'm the only one that's "insane". I just thought since they are both red and blue (well Gigaiasu is kinda blue, it's blue in its sprite).

Meh, I thought they looked similarish. But it doesn't really matter. I wonder what kind of stats its going to have and its evolutionary line.

Sorry if I sounded mad XD Just sayin that you be crazy. But it's probably because a lot of people are dieing for more info

Nobody is, lol, we're just saying that the only part of them that look alike are the colors... and that's only a little.

Okay then. About the deer and Herbivore, I actually thought that it would be more like Steadfast when I first read it, as in the attack wouldn't necessarily be negated, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Also, does this mean the deer will probably be more physical-based, because it doesn't look too much like it. Also, I find it odd that a swan is getting an ability named Pigeon Heart; maybe they'll change the name for the English release. Also, does anyone think that the different box covers might mean that they might have a different version of each game, maybe it's the one with DSi exclusive features or something. Also, the worm thing seems like it either isn't the Wurmple of this gen or is much better/different with it having Swarm/Chlorophyll instead of the normal Shield Dust. I hope it turns into something great (I like it)! Bug Resistance also helps discourage the normal bug thing, as they usually have Tackle/Poison Sting/String Stit. I wonder what the other Sand ability could do, the one that boosts power seems like it could be really handy, although I wonder if it will boost Ground and Steel moves instead of just Rock moves. I also wonder if Windstorm foreshadows many more weathers (I don't see the connection between wind and sun/rain/hail). I wonder if the Battle Tower being a subway means it will be available earlier. Dento doesn't have to have a Rock-type gym; remember, no Geodude or Onix in this game, so it's much less likely. Also, Luvdisc's evo having Hydration might make it, I dunno, good, lol. Also, does anyone think that Miruhoggu will be a good HM slave like Bibarel? I personally don't know, but I don't think it will learn the Water HMs.

WAIT! I think and hope that the HMs DRASTICALLY change this gen. They could improve them by making them more varied instead of tons of Normal and Water moves.

Wait. What are all the stats (not base stats, but actual stats) that have been revealed so far (I have dial-up which = not too many videos without spending hours waiting for it to fully load X( )? I made a QBasic program that does backwards calculation based on Smogon's Damage Formula to find Base Stats, so I could use it and either tell the information if you all don't already know and if you care, or just do it for my own sake.
@FlygonRuler below: Someone said that "you all are insane" because I thought of it, I was just saying that there is no "you all" and that I was the only one.

If its any compensation my friend said the same thing. I disagree, but I thought I'd let you know your not the only crazy one

Also, does anyone think that Miruhoggu will be a good HM slave like Bibarel? I personally don't know, but I don't think it will learn the Water HMs.

WAIT! I think and hope that the HMs DRASTICALLY change this gen. They could improve them by making them more varied instead of tons of Normal and Water moves.
I personally think the thing's going to be Normal/Fire type.
Has its type been confirmed yet? :o

And I'm also hoping for a better and more varied selection of HM's for Gen.5.

My hopes for an HM revamp would be that you eventually could learn over HM Moves, but they remain locked on the Pokemon as they currently are for a period of a few levels, at the very least. Also, I would hope that HMs start to become more competition-freindly. I mean, nobody would complain over Surf and Waterfall, as they both see decent use. However, things like Flash, Cut, and Rock Smash seems forgetful.

Though I DID use Strength on my Tauros in Gold. It was STAB, had about 80 Power, and I didn't want to fuss with happiness or hatred/never went to Goldenrod on Sunday.

We've had 8 different HMs for the past two generations

How much more varied do you want these things

It's been confirmed as pure Normal according to Serebii. I don't see why it would be part Fire anyway, as cool as it would be.

I think Rock Smash would be great if it had a boost in base power. A lot of Pokemon get it and it could be a good coverage move if it wasn't so weak. And it's attack has already been increased once, another boost shouldn't be too hard to fathom.

A lot of people used to think Gigaias was related to Nosepass. As has been said, there's really no basis for that belief.

breh

強いだね

Honestly, I could care less if they just boil them down to surf (high power; actually good move), fly (good ingame, at least), Waterfall (high power; good move), and Defog (Rapid spin for doubles) and strength (high power; good ingame)

Conversely they could just make them removable and leave it at that

Oh and could the grassbug be a leaf miner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)