Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to know how more national dex pokemon will be introduced after you beat the main story. Hopefully they will just start appearing in areas all over or will they be in swarms ( i hate swarms). I have the feeling they are going to abuse the new "seasons" mechanic making so many a pain in the ass to obtain.

Torment is really just a fantastic move, it doesn't need a boost. There are only a select Pokemon who can learn it, and even less who can utilize it well. The fact that it stays until the opponent switches out (unlike Taunt which has a turn-based duration) makes it great.

I'm not sure I'll be able to differentiate all the different moves. I mean, I get Assurance + Payback mixed up all the time.

"Torment prevents the target from using the same move twice in a row. If the target is using a Choice item or only knows one move, the target will be forced to use Struggle every second round."

Bulbapedia.
Now that's cool, I never thought about that, thanks to both Scicky and R_N. But the choice pokemon can just switch, so I hope they upgrade it to trapping the opponent...

Some kind of reverse priority would be nice, yeah. Don't really get how/why stall would be remade to have that effect though. Maybe an ability that's like trick room, just for that poke; if normally it'd go last, it instead goes first. I think it's retarted that we need specific abilities to counter priority though; I'd rather some kind of attack that can be used on a few pokes that'd somehow make priority poop.

I'm curious to know how more national dex pokemon will be introduced after you beat the main story. Hopefully they will just start appearing in areas all over or will they be in swarms ( i hate swarms). I have the feeling they are going to abuse the new "seasons" mechanic making so many a pain in the ass to obtain.
It only lasts for a month, so you can just change the date!

Now that's cool, I never thought about that, thanks to both Scicky and R_N. But the choice pokemon can just switch, so I hope they upgrade it to not trapping the opponent...
Soooo I'm not a super-competitive guy, but isn't forcing a switch kind of a good thing?

You can set something up, maybe switch a duder of your own, do something to whoever switches in...

Soooo I'm not a super-competitive guy, but isn't forcing a switch kind of a good thing?

You can set something up, maybe switch a duder of your own, do something to whoever switches in...
I'm retarded, sorry I meant that it would trap the opponent, I dunno what the heck I was thinking... -.-"

Wow, it's so cool how you know these things before the game comes out. Tell us more! Note that every game has had a Magikarp-like Pokemon (usually Magikarp himself) and Black and White won't, without a new design. GF knows that a weak fish evolving into something powerful is a good idea, so it's not ridiculous to think Basurau could fit that. But since you've seen the stats for this Pokemon and it's evo and all. . . and you've had a nice long chat with some of the game designers. . . I guess we should just listen to you.
lol @ bolded. Stop being such a hypocrite there, bud.

Needlessly pigeonholing pokemon is ridiculous. There really isn't enough consistency in the Pokemon designs to say Gamefreak uses a set template each generation, and just because there were 2 useless fish Pokemon in all gens after the gen they were introduced, doesn't mean they need to continue this "trend" (not much of a pattern).

Also Basurao doesn't really fit your godly ~worthless fish~ archetype as it has Aqua Jet, Headbutt, and some other decent attack. Looks to me like any other ol' fish pokemon! Magikarp doesn't learn any attacks until it evolves, and IIRC correctly Feebas will only learn attacks through TMs.

Sorry to say pal, but just because you choose to scope out loose barely consistent patterns doesn't make your opinion anymore right or backed up by any "proof".

We'll see what it is when the games come out wont be? So till then, believe what you will (No matter how silly it is).

I'm going to call BS on that pink and creme colored pokemon. The sprite looks way too off. It's not even leaning the right way unless GF screwed up on the perpective (which I doubt).

lol @ bolded. Stop being such a hypocrite there, bud.
I can pretty much state that as fact since they've used it in every game so far.

And I'm not the one pigeonholing. I think GF could pigeonhole. And it might not fit my godly worthless fish archetype, but it could still very well be worthless, even with the totally broken moveset we've seen so far.

Just a protip: read between the lines with "might"'s and "it's possible"'s. You're the only one who has such strong "beliefs" (lol) about what will happen in the games, and it makes you look like an ass.

I'm going to call BS on that pink and creme colored pokemon. The sprite looks way too off. It's not even leaning the right way unless GF screwed up on the perpective (which I doubt).
It might have been in the middle of one of it's "battle motions" in the screenshot we saw.

I can pretty much state that as fact since they've used it in every game so far.
We've also had a new 2 stage fish every generation with a pretty okay move pool and stats.

And any gaps in this logic can be filled up because Goldeen!

Serebii updated with the effects of Moguryuu's abilities:

Sand Throw doubles speed in a sandstorm and Sand Power increases the power of Ground, Rock, and Steel attacks in a sandstorm.

Serebii updated with the effects of Moguryuu's abilities:

Sand Throw doubles speed in a sandstorm and Sand Power increases the power of Ground, Rock, and Steel attacks in a sandstorm.

Whoa.....holy fuck! Best news so far to me, swift swim sand version =)

what if flygon got this, sandslash, hell I can see a couple of pokemon good uses with this.

Sand throw is definitely an interesting ability, and not what I would have imagined with a name like that. Sand Power is isn't as good as I'd thought it would be, but I can see its uses (It would all have to depend on how much of an increase in power, but I image it as around 50%). Will Sand Power only increase Moguryuu's attacks, or all attacks of the specific types while in Sandstorm? Either way, STAB Ground type moves and this ability (And Choice Band?) sounds like the makings of a real heavy hitter. Maybe even OU material, depending on stats and movepool.

I'm really liking how weather effects are getting lots of love so far this generation. I hope they release one or two new weathers as well, but I doubt it.

@DiamondMaster: I think that would be good for me too. I think more abilities, moves; everything should be effected more by weather. It could be such a definable and important part of Pokemon if they design it to be.

I'm really liking how weather effects are getting lots of love so far this generation. I hope they release one or two new weathers as well, but I doubt it.
Let them make auto- weather for Sun and Rain first, as Sand Stream + Sand xxxxx is going to be the same. Don't make more types of weather, 4 types is a lot, with only 1 being used often. If they buff these weathers and make them more or less viable competetively, we don't need more of them for the sake of countering :)

Icebody definitely is a step up from Snow Cloak, but Glaceon isn't really a pokemon which can use it effectively. Sure, Defense and Special Defense are good, but the HP and numerous weaknesses from a defensively poor type leave it lacking. It just can't take the hits for it to be used effectively, unless running Leftovers+Protect or something of the nature.

Icebody definitely is a step up from Snow Cloak, but Glaceon isn't really a pokemon which can use it effectively. Sure, Defense and Special Defense are good, but the HP and numerous weaknesses from a defensively poor type leave it lacking. It just can't take the hits for it to be used effectively, unless running Leftovers+Protect or something of the nature.
yeah, I think it'll be used as a choice scarf pokemon in hail teams, least it can heal a bit up from taking SR damange, could switch in few more times than it could before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)