Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I don't know if Swana learns Brave Bird, but it was confirmed it learns Sky Attack, so I bet that's it.
The move used had recoil and no charge turn that I could see.
Though I can't read Japanese I can match symbols (lol).
The text at the bottom of the video at 0:27 looks an awful lot like ブレイブバード which is Brave Bird's Japanese name according to Bulbapedia.

So I'm going to say Swanna knows Brave Bird.
The name for Sky Attack is actually quite close (God Bird: ゴッドバード ) so maybe there was some mixup or it learns that as well.
Either way it's good news because Sky Attack has sucked since Gen I whereas Brave Bird is one of the best Flying type attacks in the game.

EDIT: First Water/Flying to learn a single turn physical Flying attack greater than base 60 power? w00t!

Looks like Vaporeon will be resting in the rain, a nice alternative to wish/protect for Rain teams I guess.

Glaceon with Ice body looks promising, might become Stalleon with Sub/Wish and Protect.

As for the other Eeveelutions

Leafeon with Herbivoir or Chlorophyll

Jolteon With Intimidate would be interesting,

Although something like Volt Shield which raises it's Def Stat by one level when it receives a electric attack would be nice.

OR Rough Skin, I dunno but It's Spikey Fur Wouldn't be very nice to hit, although being quite frail it might not be that useful.

As for Flareon, it need a lot of improvement especially with it's poor stat distrobution.

I think giving it "agility: for a start would be nice as it could overcome it low speed to be able to sweep effectively and maybe a signature Stab physical fire move, I wouldn't know the name, maybe "Flame claw".

As for it's ability, I hope it's something really useful and unique, if not then maybe Magic Guard could help against Stealth Rock switch in.

Or Initimidate could help with it's low def stat.

Drought would make it relevant for Sunny Day Teams and you could pair him up with Leafeon.

As for Espeon and Umbreon.

I can easily See Umbreon getting Pressure to outstall those low PP moves.

Espeon I have no idea, hope it's a new ability

With all the Flareon hype, I do agree that Flare Blitz wouldn't benefit it much, because it's slow and dies quickly anyway, if it had say better speed, then FB would be usable for it. Let's just hope Dream World gives it a new fire ability that doubles speed in the sun or something, that AND a better move pool might make it usable/not outclassed by Arcanine.

For me personally, I don't care if Flareon got boosted or not, cause I like Arcanine way better anyway, but it's nice to see them boost such a pathetic Pokemon.

Espeon with Solar Power? hmm say hello to my sweeping friend, well kinda...

Speaking of Solar Power, I think there should be an ability called Lunar Power, that that's same just with rain, and for Pokemon like Umbreon[not saying it's good for it, just one of the Pokemon that should get it) (and Lunatone, if Lunatone gets Lunar Power, Solrock should get Solar Power too, it just 'makes sense')

As for the Luvdisc 'evo', like I said it might not be its evo, all I can say don't get your hopes up people.

Since we're guessing Eeveelution dreamworld abilities... mine are:

Jolteon - Static
Flareon - Flame Body/Magma Armor
Espeon - Trace
Umbreon - Shadow Tag lol
Leafeon - Natural Cure

Umbreon - Shadow Tag lol

Yes PLEASE. XD

Although it'd probably have something more along the lines of Pressure, I'd imagine. Which would in some ways I suppose help dwindle down a few not-so-common moves. It'd still be less effective, but more realistic, methinks.

Also, I just don't understand why we would need another heart fish that wasn't a luvdisc evo. I mean, it'd be silly redundant imo; at least make it another color or something.

(hope no one's suggested this yet, but who am I kidding, of course someone did)

Anyone else think we're looking at the new pseudo-legendary line starting with Kibago? Dragon typing supports this, and his design seems to click with the idea - seriously, put him next to Bagon, Gible, and Larvitar and he fits right in:

Suuure, they always start out cute and harmless-lookin', but soon they're grown up, changing metagames, warranting counters and checks on every team and getting moved to Ubers. You can't trust the cute, dinosaur-lookin' ones.

Dragon/Rock is my guess for final evo's typing, based on the design. I guess Dragon/Steel is also a possibility. I'd love to have a Dragon/Steel in OU. Mold Breaker for hitting Levitators with EQ - you ain't slick, Magnet Rise Jolteon. I see you over there, floatin' around. You ain't slick.

I honestly think Kibago will turn into that one green dragon thing we saw that had those scissor tusks. It looked psuedo-legendary-ish, as well. But I digress.

Seriously, though, I will be extremely disappointed if Kibago is not a psuedo legendary just because he fits the expected mark to a T. I would agree with you that dragon/rock is probably a good estimate.

How can anyone mix up Brave Bird with Sky Attack is beyond me; but yes, Swanna used Brave Bird in the video.

And I agree with the people that said Mamanbou is looking less and less like a Luvdisc evolution everytime I see it. Thank god.

Hmmm, I can't say I know which pokemon you're referring to when you say the scissor-tusked pokemon. You don't mean the tall, bright-green, mantis-looking guy do you? Ononokusu or something?

Hmmm, I can't say I know which pokemon you're referring to when you say the scissor-tusked pokemon. You don't mean the tall, bright-green, mantis-looking guy do you? Ononokusu or something?
Yup, he was originally thought of as a mantis until clearer images of him coming out. He had a dragon-eqsue face and scissor-tusks protruding out.

>_> More of a pale green imo.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Ononokusu1.jpg

(i url'd it to prevent pagestretching)

I mean, the two could be totally unrelated, but for some reason I just have this gut feeling. =/ I'm more than likely wrong, though.

Also, before someone else points it out in a rude manner, yes, that's not official artwork, but fanart by Xous of Pokebeach.

Yup, he was originally thought of as a mantis until clearer images of him coming out. He had a dragon-eqsue face and scissor-tusks protruding out.

>_> More of a pale green imo.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Ononokusu1.jpg

(i url'd it to prevent pagestretching)

I mean, the two could be totally unrelated, but for some reason I just have this gut feeling. =/ I'm more than likely wrong, though.

Also, before someone else points it out in a rude manner, yes, that's not official artwork, but fanart by Xous of Pokebeach.
Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first. I'd be willing to bet money on it being the final evolution of Kibago, as well as it being this generation's pseudo-legendary.

Another thing to look at, which may be completely unrelated, is that their eyes are both red. Not very substantial evidence by itself, but the list of similarities between the two seems to grow the more you look at them. But, it may just be the artist's interpretation, and the eyes could be a completely different color (Considering it's not that clear). My money's on red from what I can see, though. It would also match the color palette more (But when has GF ever cared about that?)

As discussed many pages back, the two are likely to be related due to the green skin, red eyes, twin tusks, and horn. Certainly there are more similarities than between Dratini and Dragonite lol. Looks like we have another Dragon BST 600. At least this guy probs won't have a quad ice weakness.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Confirming that Swana does indeed learn Brave Bird and not Sky Attack

Also, "Bug Resistance" lowers Special Attack, not Special Defense (silly Serebii)

Also, "Bug Resistance" lowers Special Attack, not Special Defense (silly Serebii)
>:-( Special Defense would have been better, although other moves can do that, so I guess it doesn't matter. I hope Bug Resistance is good and has some use outside Double/Triple-Battles.

I dont give a crap if he is a Luvdisc evo as long as his stats are not suckish.
Also the new Caterpilar pokemon will probably lose his secondary Grass typeing when it evolves, hopefully he will keep his ability's.

Speaking of Solar Power, I think there should be an ability called Lunar Power, that that's same just with rain, and for Pokemon like Umbreon[not saying it's good for it, just one of the Pokemon that should get it) (and Lunatone, if Lunatone gets Lunar Power, Solrock should get Solar Power too, it just 'makes sense')
NO.

Solar Power is just to help balance the weather teams by giving a great ability for Sun Abusers to help benefit sweepers. We do not need a Solar Power for the Rain. Swift Swim is enough, and has been proven to be enough time and time again. That's why Rain is one of the two main weather types (other than Sandstorm.).

they could make a new wheather condition, like night or something to power up dark, and maybe ghost&psychic to. thats the only way i see lunar power workin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)