Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a Smeargle in the picture to me.

I wonder if the Dream World can be connected to without wifi, and there's some way to connect it directly to the computer.

I hope Mamepato's evolution looks equally as awesome. Hateboo looks pretty cool, hopefully they won't fuck it up.

..They probably won't, though. The only really ugly starter birds are Hoothoot and Noctowl.

I really like Staraptor; it's the best beginning bird pokemon as of yet. This new pokemon should either be better as a whole compared to Staraptor, or fill its own niche instead of overshadowing it (Which it'll probably do anyways). It would be great if Wooguru got some very powerful attacks and/or coverage, just like how Close Combat was given to Staraptor.

Also, the new "Free-Fall" attack looks like it prevents the opponent from moving for the turn that it flies into the air. That could prove useful against teams that use effects over a certain amount of turns; such as Gravity, Trick Room, Sunny Day, Rainy day, and the like. Also, any bulky pokemon that manages to get it would snag a free turn of Leftovers recovery. Not too bad of an effect, if you ask me.

I think I just thought of a pretty cool English name for Wargle:

Cherokeagle
I have a better name: Ho-oh Lite! I jest, of course.

Also, I have noticed something about Sturdy that may or may not have been mentioned already. People say it is now just like Focus Sash without using the item slot, but it is actually better than that. Theoretically, you could take a full OHKO hit, survive, then at some subsequent point Rest off the damage and switch out, getting a Cleric to revive you for later, and repeat the effect. Most Sturdy Pokes resist SR / SS too, so you could switch out the turn after the hit with Leftovers, then come in on something slower and unthreatening at 1 HP and completely restore yourself, in normal conditions. Since an ability is never permanently 'used up' during a battle, the Sash effect could potentially be repeated multiple times. It may add an extra dimension to ResTalk sets for these Pokemon, who knows?

wargle may have a niche already. encourage boost damage by attacks but negates secondary effects right? so what if it negates recoil from double edge and brave bird?

On a wildly different note, has anybody noticed how the sprite of Leafeon on serebii atm is exactly the same as his DP sprite (like the legendary dogs), but Vaporeon has a brand new sprite?

wargle may have a niche already. encourage boost damage by attacks but negates secondary effects right? so what if it negates recoil from double edge and brave bird?
It almost surely won't do all that. "Secondary effects" is probably more like flinch, burn, paralysis, etc. chances.

I don't see it benefiting Wargle as much as Hihidharma if that's the case.

On a wildly different note, has anybody noticed how the sprite of Leafeon on serebii atm is exactly the same as his DP sprite (like the legendary dogs), but Vaporeon has a brand new sprite?
They seem to be reusing older sprites from DP/Pt/HGSS, which is wildly annoying to me and kinda lazy. Vaporeon's sprite seems to be from Pt.

I think the base of the sprites are old; but they have animations. The sprites will be constantly moving, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. There's a difference between actual gameplay and screenshots, and I think we'll all be a lot happier when we see even older sprites in action.

I think Encourage'll remove every secondary effect; beneficial and otherwise. It'll only effect moves that actually deal damage, though, and not ones whose primary ability is to cause status effects and whatnot.

Just think; STAB Take Down and Brave Bird without recoil plus whatever high BP/coverage moves that will be given? That sounds like even more of a powerhouse than Staraptor, even if Wooguru's attack would turn out to be lower. If it gets good defences (Which I doubt), it would work good with the ability Keen Eye and Leftovers in combination with Free-Fall to make a bulky attacker that can stall against some opponents. Hopefully, Keen Eye will actually have a useful effect this time around, but I doubt it would become that popular considering its offensive alternative and numerous weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)