First RMT ever, Pseudo-Hail Team. I'm using a pokemon not before seen in OU

Hey there, DietWater here. Well introductions are boring so I'm going to get right down to it.

MY PICTURES DIDN'T LOAD. SORRY.

An in depth look:

Infernape @ Focus Sash (Blaze)
Naive Nature
4atk/252spe/252spatk
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Stealth Rock
-Encore

The purpose of this is to set up rocks and encore to get the foe stuck in a move, which is safe to assume will be stealth rock 75% of the time. Then I can battle with it or switch out, depending on the foe, and if I switch out, this guy can be a pretty big help late-game sometimes.

Starmie @Leftovers (Natural Cure)
Timid Nature
136hp/156def/216spe
-Surf
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Recover

This originally was a Rapid Spinner, but it turns out this set seems to help more, because I replaced RS with TB, eliminating the Gyarados threats that like to switch in on Infernape.
This slot is very open to change, so let me know what you guys think would be good.

Froslass @Leftovers (Snow Cloak)
Jolly Nature
6hp/252atk/252spe
-Crunch
-Ice Punch
-Spikes
-Destiny Bond

I know what you're thinking; special Froslass would be much better. No. This team has too many special users and Froslass' atk is base at the exact same as its spatk. And, people tend to not expect a physical Froslass, due to the low amount of them.
Crunch to handle other ghosts, as there's no physical Ghost move Froslass gets. (I think Shadow Sneak is the only one in existence anyway)
Ice Punch is up for grabs, if you think I should replace it with Ice Shard. So far, its been working, but ehhh I'm just not sure.
Spiking is fun with Froslass due to the immunity to Rapid Spin, and Destiny Bond for the Weaviles and Tyranitars and Scizors and anything else that tries to Pursuit me.

Weavile @Expert Belt (Pressure)
Jolly Nature
6hp/252atk/252spe
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Pursuit
-Low Kick

Expert Belt Weavile is great. You get a move in on your opponent and it does more damage than a normal Weavile would do, so they assume you're choiced. Then they switch in something the resists the move they *think* you're choiced into, and you use another move that's super effective on that pokemon. Its great, and works oh so well, requiring no set up whatsoever. The moves are picked for obvious reasons, again, considering Ice Shard over IP, to handle ScarfGon.

Can anyone tell me Low Kick's base power on Blissey? I'm thinking of switching back to Brick Break.

Abomasnow @Leftovers (Snow Warning)
Timid Nature
6hp/252spatk/252spe
-Blizzard
-Energy Ball (replace w/ grass knot?)
-HP Fighting
-Shadow Ball(?)

This is the guy to get things started Hail-wise.
Blizzard always hits in hail, so it's perfect for Abomasnow. Energy Ball for STAB, and HP Fighting I chose over Focus Blast because that damn move misses way too much, its really bogus.
I'm looking for a 4th move, right now its at Shadow Ball.

Clefairy (lvl 1) @Focus Sash (Magic Guard)
Jolly Nature
252 speed
-Endeavor
-Heal Bell
-Knock Off
-Thunder Wave

This thing always gets me a KO or 2. I throw him in after Abomasnow gets a hail going, magic guard protects from entry hazards. Endeavor, and the foe is brought to 12 hp or 1, depending on if they broke my sash yet. Either way, hail, which magic guard also protects from, kills the foe. The other moves are for Utility purposes.

That's my team. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for any help guys!

Frosslass really shoud go as it is outclassed by just about every physical attacker in existance. If you have to keep it, you can use shadow claw instead of crunch.

use choice scarf on starmie, change to 252 spa/252 sp/4 hp, use trick to cripple blissey and use shadow sneak instead of crunch on froslass. Also, if you want to keep the hail, don't you want to consider a bulkier abomasnow? Try the sub seed set and see if it works for you (although you may need more support for this)

I saw an interesting set on a Froslass in a hail team Sub/Confuse Ray/ShadowBall|Ice Beam/Pain Split @ Brightpowder. It seemed to work well enough and if you could get Toxic support and some hazards it could really cause trouble for a lot.

Just a nitpick, but you might want to consider Ice Beam (or Blizzard considering you have an Abomasnow) or possibly over Pyschic on Starmie, because coverage is what makes Starmie so deadly and Psychic isn't that good of an attacking type. However, it is a pseudo-hail team so you have plenty of other Ice moves. Also, there is one other physical ghost move: Shadow Punch. I'm not sure if Froslass gets it though.

Perhaps change Knock Off on Clefairy to Protect, so that you can protect and let hail finish them off, possibly saving your Focus Sash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)