Machamp as a Lead? You wish.

Hello everyone! Machamp making spot #2 on leads is just messed up. Why not use him as a sweeper? He has an awesome attack stat, awesome bulk, an awesome ability (actually 2), and awesome typing, an awesome movepool, which sums up to being awesome. And here's my team building:

It starts with Machamp. His flat out ability to just confuse and kill things with his explosive fist makes him worthwhile.

Tyranitar? Heck yes. Any ghost that absorbs DP is immediately killed by a STAB pursuit and dies, thus making Machamp stronger.

Stealth Rock is great, no matter what. And why not use the best lead ever? Screw all you other SR leads, I'll spit in your face.

Dragonite is like Salamence, but slower. The bright side? Bulk. With only two attacking moves, it still PWNS.

Metagross has great type synergy with the team, absorbing many attacks.

I needed an electric and normal resist. I had the choice of one, so I took Gliscor. He is my sweep stopper. If Lucario kills Tyranitar, just put him in, set up, or kill. Do whatever. Lucario won't be doing much back.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

What could go wrong? With Scizor being sat on by Heatran all the time, there isn't much to worry about. Anything that comes in, I just taunt. This thing is so fast, it gets it's job done and makes fun of the other guy. And when that's done, he hits pretty hard and stops other set up sweepers.

TOP TEN LEAD MATCH-UP
Azelf: Just Taunt, then SR. Usually someone else switches in, Scizor mostly.
Machamp: Hence the title, this can be a problem. I still get up SR though.
Aerodatyl: Hope for the first taunt. Some just start attacking, so I set up.
Metagross: SR, switch to Meta, get a free kill thanks to Shuca :)
Swampert: Just taunt, SR, then kill it or set up or whatever.
Jirachi: Haven't seen one yet.
Infernape: I hate these! But usually I just guess between taunt and SR, then go for Machamp.
Roserade: Lol.
Heatran: Taunt, then either they switch out, I kill it with EQ, or I set up SR.
Ninjask: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Machamp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
- Dynamicpunch
- Fire Punch
- Sleep Talk
- Stone Edge

What's this? This is scarf Machamp. Why isn't this popular? He outspeeds anything slower than Infernape, and kills with DP. Zapdos is a common switch in. So what do you do? Punch it! A confused bird won't do crap. Then Tyranitar comes in on Zapdos and basically says, "Good-bye". Whatever they bring in after that wasn't a smart decision, because Zapdos just got pursuited. This may sound weird, but I have never once used any move on Machamp other than Dynamicpunch. Nothing. Those are just for nothing, really. But Fire Punch eventually will do something to Scizor, and Sleep Talk will help absorb sleep.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Aqua Tail

Ha. Gengar isn't too scary now. If they think they'll get him with focus blast, that's like rolling dice for 13. By the time he clicks focus blast, I click pursuit and I outspeed him. With scarf, a lot of the time I must switch after locking myself into pursuit. But that isn't much a problem, because usually the pokemon is taken out by something else.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake

This is my SubDancer Dragonite set. If you haven't tried it before, I suggest it. Because anything that's Grass type, or is mainly for support, then you come in, and crap on their face. You substitute, then dance. What can they do about it? They have to switch, break a sub, and then get killed. By then you just have awesome power. Dragon Claw and Earthquake get great coverage, so nothing will get in the way. Ice Shard is stopped by sub, and the opponent is covered by Dragon Claw. Need I say more? It's usually my MVP. I've swept complete teams with it, and I've gotten many people to rage quit, and it rules.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Thunderpunch

The awesome part about Shuca Berry is that it beats many of it's counters one on one. Electivire and Gyarados for example are easily dealt with. They don't suspect it or anything. And the extra bulk is handy for living longer. Zapdos can be a problem, and then you remember what Tyranitar is for. Meteor Mash does a lot of damage to almost anything, as well as explosion. Explode on a stat up booster and finish them. Metagross is basically my help button if something's killing me.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Def/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

And again, I try experiments. This one is awesome! First, you use either SD or Agility. Then you choose the other. With 95 in both stats, you do fine without boosts sometimes. But when it isn't enough, laugh at Lucario, set up, confuse your opponent, then mindlessly kill them. Again, the idea of the team is Machamp and Tyranitar, but Dragonite and Gliscor are the most powerful.

This is my latest team, sorry for making it so short, and thanks for reading!

"Reserved. Heck, I probably won't use a threat list, but it's here."

I changed my mind :)

Aerodactyl: I haven't seen this anywhere but as a lead, so just read mah leads.
Azelf: Again, read mah leads. But he does get stopped by TTar.
Blissey: Total set up bait. Dragonite can come in, sub, dance, and just keep going. Thank you pink fat blob!
Breloom: Takes some major switching and predicting, but usually Machamp confuses and finishes it.
Bronzong: Free set up. Thanks fat metalic blob!
Celebi: More set upz! Thanks fat pixie blob!
Dragonite: Usually has a hard time setting up, because lots of my pokemon can kill it one on one.
Dusknoir: Scare a ghost with Tyranitar, thinking I'll have crunch, so they leave to be pursuited.
Electivire: Metagross time! Absorb quake and finish with quake.
Empoleon: I usually dynamyte his face with fists.
Flygon: Troublesome, yet nothing that Metagross can't take care of.
Forretress: MOAR SET UPZ!!!!1 Thanks fat creepy blob!
Gengar: Gliscor walls this greatly, then sets up. In that case....More set up! Thanks fat spooky blob!
Gliscor: My Gliscor owns these Gliscors.
Gyarados: This one can be a problem. I need a way to get Metagross in easy, so it eats my death fodder.
Heatran: Dragonite makes this thing crap fire, so I just Earthquake to ensure he isn't holding HP:Ice.
Heracross: I've had an epic battle, 1 on 1, Hera vs Gliscor....I win.
Hippowdon: More free Gliscor set up. Thanks fat sandy blob!
Infernape: Read mah leads. I usually hope to God they don't have HP: Ice. Otherwise, I try the Tyranitar.
Jirachi: How could this ever be uber? I've been Iron Head haxed 8 times in a row and it was still easily killed.
Jolteon: Metagross gets a kill on it, however it gets damaged.
Kingdra: "Oh, Dragonite's too slow" "Oh, Dragonite's fat" Well not anymore he ain't.
Lucario: Gliscor is the punching bag while Lucario is the dead meat.
Machamp: Taken care of by Machamp, just hope not to die of confusion.
Magnezone: Lol. Oh no, you've trapped Metagross!
Mamoswine: It can stop my Dragonite sweeps, so I PWN it with an explosive fist.
Metagross: My Metagross kills it. As for Gliscor. As for Dragonite. As for Tyranitar. As for Machamp. As for, well, not really.
Ninjask: ............LOL.
Roserade: ..............LOL.
Rotom (All Formes): From the T to the Y to the R to the...oh you run and I'll kill you.
Scizor: BBLLLAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! I hope for Fire Punch on Machamp to kill it.
Skarmory: More set up bait! Thanks....wait....whirlwind? Crap!
Smeargle: Lawls. Taunt.
Snorlax: Blast it's head with a Dynamite. And a punch.
Starmie: Kill with Thundah Punch on Meta.
Suicune: Crap! Set up in my face why don't you? I usually have to explode.
Swampert: Read mah leads. But not as a lead, I usually just Punch it Dynamically.
Tentacruel: Kill it with an Earthquake.
Togekiss: I don't see this, but I guess I'd set up on it. Thanks fat girly blob!
Tyranitar: What do you think? I punch a hole through his face, then blow him up with it!
Umbreon: Taunt it, punch it, or....Thanks fat dog blob!
Vaporeon: Punch it, set up (sometimes), or whatever.
Weavile: Punch it. But it does stop DDnite from sweeping.... :(
Zapdos: Machamp is so hard core, I'll punch this too! Hope for hax or switch in Tyranitar, I'm happy either way.

I like this team especially the subddnite. I recommend earthquake instead of superpower because attack drops are bad and eq still has great coverage. Also i see gyarados running through this team even with two scarfers because he outspeeds them both after a dd. He can set up on metagross locked into eq. I recommend changing your metagross to a shuca berry set with 252 atk/252 hp/4 spd with thunder punch, meteor mash, earthquake, bullet punch/explosion. This set is a great counter gyarados as no one thinks you will have shuca. I have used shuca meta to great success on one of my older teams and have found it to be the best gyara counter ahead of even vaporeon, porygon2, and celebi.

I gotta try that. I would stop Gyara right there and the band loss still OHKO's Starmie with tpunch

EDIT: Yeah, I like that Metagross, thanks!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
First guy i see who doesn't use strategy dex and just use all the sets the other people use.

You win, man.

Good luck with the team.

Not a bad team tbh. Only major concern is the lack of a bulky water really hurts your team. You currently have three members of your team that are weak to water types.

Scarf Machamp has the factor of suprise but once a smart opponent figures its scarfed, it won't be too effective. I suggest a bulky water to help your team sponge super effective water type attacks directed at Gliscor. Sub DD Kingdra would be a nice addition to your team.

A few points:

1) Funny RMT. Some lulz were had.

2) Your team has some glaring weaknesses. LO Starmie wrecks havoc with Water/Ice, lead Machamp hits everything for super effective dmg or hits neutrally to confuse, SubPetaya Empoleon runs through. Plug your team in this:

http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/team_builder/

3) I like that SubDanceNite.

4) SpD = Special Defense; Spe = Speed

5) You might replace one of the nonessential punches on your Machamp w/Payback, so you can hit a Ghost on the switch. Rock has redundant coverage w/Electric and Ice, so one of the three should be removed.

Bulky waters can be a problem, especially Swampert. However Metagross usually kills it, and I've never seen two bulky waters in one team. Having a bulky water could definately help me, but I don't know where to put it. Gliscor is what many people would say, but he really does great. When something physical comes in, I just laugh. Then agility and swords dance. But a Gengar could help in his spot to get some special attacks done. It'd also provide a normal/fighting/ground immunity which rules.

Starmie is usually killed by TTar with pursuit. Sometimes they surf, which is annoying, but then they die. Empoleon is killed by Metagross and Machamp. And payback wouldn't work great because I'm scarfed. I'd go faster and do bad attack. Tyranitar is there for a reason :)

If you have never used any move on Machamp other than Dynamicpunch, I suggest you give it Sleep Talk.

Just have two moves alone, Dynamic punch + Sleep Talk. That way, Machamp won't be afftected by Sleep at all ^_^; Except when you click sleep talk and he wakes up the same turn =(

Edit:I've never really understood why people use Aerodactyl, never seems to do anything in battle. And without Life orb or Choice band is easily walled. Maybe I'll try it out one day.

I don't even need to test sleep talk; I'm using it. I've noticed that fire punch comes in handy to get scizors which crap on my team.

And Aerodactyl rules, stops anything from setting up and gets up SR easy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Gliscor should stay.

sleep talk would normally be cool, but not on a choice scarf set. makes it so you HAVE to switch out after one sleep talk, or you get put to sleep and you're already locked into a move. easy set up fodder.

@gregoryd: lol

@slyshady: well, sometimes I have to get sleeped. therefore, sleep talk has more use than just doing nothing.

EDIT: Lol 200th post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)