Team Taco Bell [Peaked ~1440]

Well after being stuck around 1420-1440 for a while I decided it was time to try and get help.

I would do a team building process but this team underwent quite a few changes and I don't remember how it all went down, so I'm sorry.

Glancage:

In Depth:

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk) / Naive w/ Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt / Explosion

Summary: Heatran has been a reliable lead and has been my lead throughout the changes. He almost always gets me Rocks or he can prevent slower leads from getting theirs. Also it can be saved for mid to late game because of his fantastic typing, and just having Taunt makes him invaluable.

Moves / EV's: The EV's are very general Max Speed to out speed neutral Gyrados, Dragonite and to tie with other Heatran, max SpA so I can hit as hard as possible. But the moves might look a little off. Taunt and Lava Plume usually don't get played on LeadTran, but it lets him preven Bronzong, Blissey, Uxie (and other dual screeners) from setting up, also it stops slower set up sweepers like non max speed Dragonite, or Adamant Gyarados. Lava Plume is mostly to catch Gyarados, Flygon, and Dragonite switch ins and try to give them a burn thus crippling them. Explosion is something that I have been messing with so I'm not walled by Blissey, Gyarados, Dragonite, or Kingdra but usually fails to KO most bulky Pokemon.

Synergy: Ground - Gliscor, Rotom. Shaymin
Fighting - Gliscor, Rotom
Water - Milotic, Shaymin

Changes: Maybe Boom over Taunt, might try Fire Blast for the OHKO on LumGross, and Choice Rotom with SR.

Against other leads:
Azelf - Usually we both SR, if they taunt then I have to Lava Plume on turn two for the 2HKO.

Machamp - One of the worst matchups. I either SR and get Dynamic Punched or switch to Rotom or Gliscor.

Aerodactly - Switch to Milotic or Rotom

Metagross - If they don't have Earthquake then I'm gravy. I usually Stealth Rock or Taunt, either way I can survive an EQ and get my Rocks up.

Swampert - A little trickier than Gross. They almost always attack so I SR then, Taunt on their predicted switch or switch to Shaymin or Milotic.

Jirachi - Stealth Rock. 'Nuff said.

Roserade - I stay in and Taunt or SR. If I get put to sleep I go to Shaymin or Rotom.

Heatran - SR first then I break their Shuca.

Infernape - Another bad matchup. Go to Rotom to avoid Fake Outs / Close Combats.

Ninjask - I usually Taunt first so if they Protect then they pass right away, if the Sub up then Taunt screws them and, I get Rocks up.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EV's: 200 HP / 184 Def / 124 SpD
Nature: Calm (+ SpD, - Atk)
- Surf
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Summary: Bulky water. Also functions as a status absorber with one of the most fantastic abilities in the game getting a free + 1 Def boost, and is an excellent defensive partner with Gliscor. Milotic's main job is to take Fire attacks (Ape and Tran) for Shaymin, to Hazer, and to stop Offensive Suicune. However my moveset leaves him very weak to Celebi and Shaymin, probably the most popular Grass types. Milo is also the only member able to handle SubGar on it's own without having to revenge kill it.

Moves / EV's: 200 HP EV's give me a Lefties number plus an odd number for SR. The 124 SpD makes it so the LO Starmie's T-Bolt is on average a 3HKO with Lefties, and so the rest of the EV's were allocated to Defense for more physical bulk. Surf is my obligatory STAB and does decent damage off Milotic's 100 base SpA. Recover + Toxic is my main form of damage however. Whenever I can force a switch (like on Heatran or Ape) I always go for the Toxic to try to hit their Rotoms or Grasser. Haze is really what has made Milotic so valuable to my team. It stops Suicune, Gyarados, and Baton Passers cold. Not only that but it also lets me Toxic stall a little or force some swtiches either way it plays out to my favor.

Synergy: Grass - Heatran, Shaymin
Electric - Gliscor, Rotom, Shaymin

Changes: Considering running Ice Beam to do some damage to Celebi and Shaymin switch ins, but that leaves me open to Suicune. Thinking about changing it for a Suicune or Kingdra?

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EV's: 252 HP / 216 Spe / 40 Def
Nature: Jolly (+ Spe, - SpA)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic

Summary: Gliscor is the second part of my defensive tandem, and is my main physical sponge. Gliscor also serves as my Tyranitar, Metagross,and Luario check and as my Ground / Electric absorber. Sand Veil let's me take advantage of any team with Hippo or Tyranitar (including mine), and has won me games because of the 20% evasion boost.

Moves / EV's: Max HP for max durability, 216 Spe to out speed all non Scarf Lucario, and 40 in Defense as extra physical bulk. Taunt and Toxic alone cripples stall greatly. Roost is there so I can heal off damage and drop the Flying type to take an Ice type attack, although Roost can have a downside when facing Breloom, who troubles my team. Earthquake is Gliscor's only way to deal straight damage, and is also his weakest point because Gengar can set up all in his his face.

Really not a lot to say on him, we've all dealt with and probably used him before.

Synergy: Water - Milotic, Shaymin
Ice - Milotic, Heatran

Changes: I want to replace him, but he is very important to my team, I really need help here. Possible change to a SD Gliscor?

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Timid (+ Spe, - Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Summary: Serves as a revenge killer to Starmie, Infernape, +1 Gyarados, and Tyranitar. Pretty straight forward not much to say here.

Moves / EV's: Timid and max Speed to out speed Jolly +1 Gyrados, and ScarfTran, max SpA is obvious for max damage output. Thunderbolt is for the Gyaras, and other waters, Shadow Ball is to take care of opposing Rotoms, and Gengar and the two moves give fanstatical coverage alone, but Hydro Pump is really what makes this Rotom go. Hydro Pump is what lets Rotom take out DD Tar (with previous damage), Heatran, and Hippowdon. Really nothing else to say here.

Synergy: Ghost - Heatran, Tyranitar
Dark - Heatran , Tyranitar

Changes: None at the moment.

Shaymin @ Occa Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Nature: Timid (+ Spe, - Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power {Ice}
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed

Summary: Shaymin is my Infernape lure. With Occa I survive Fire Blast or Overheat then KO with Earth Power and removing him from Tyranitars path, Shaymin is also my of breaking down bulky waters. Shaymin has been invaluable to the team so far. The only trouble iv'e been having with Shaymin is Scizor due to the lack of HP Fire.

Moves / EV's: Because I'm not using a Life Orb I just opted to go with Max/Max to tie with other positive base 100's. Seed Flare is my main offensive weapon and Shaymin's STAB move, plus it gives Shaymin a way of dealing damage to Blissey, Skarmory (on the switch in), and other walls with defense drops. HP Ice is to KO all the Dragonites and Flygon who think they can come in for free, and it lets me damage Celebi, who is usually 2HKO's with a Seed Flare drop. Earth Power is on Shaymin to hit steel type pokemon, namely Heatran, and Fire type pokemon, namely Infernape, both of whom are easily drawn in and OHKO's by Shaymin. Leech Seed is probably the worst part of Shaymin. The healing is negligible unless it's on a Blissey or Snorlax, it is mostly there to support the team and force switches.

Synergy: Fire - Heatran, Milotic, Tyranitar
Bug - Heatran, Gliscor
Poison - Tyranitar, Rotom, Gliscor, Heatran
Ice - Heatran, Milotic
Flying - Tyranitar, Rotom

Changes: Considerind HP Fire for Scizor and Forry. Also I might try Rest but I don't like having to swtich out every time. Pretty muh no way Shay's leaving the team.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature: Jolly (+ Spe, - SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch / Earthquake

Summary: Tyranitar is my late game sweeper and with one DD is usually able to finish off the last 2 or 4 pokemon of the other team, and of those pokemon, he can handle LO Starmie who gives this team a lot of problems. Also he makes Sandstorm so that Gliscor is even more of a bitch.

Moves / EV's: Max speed so I can out run Starmie and other base 115's who I really don't care about, and max attack for obvious reasons. Dragon Dance is here to make his late game sweep attainable and is the reason I use the Lum Berry, because it let's me get an extra Dance in as they try to WoW or T-Wave me. Stone Edge + Crunch give dual STAB with great coverage. They also prevent bulky Fliers like Gyara, and Dragonite, and Ghost types such as Rotom, and Dusknoir from ending my sweep. Fire Punch's slot is open but FP is needed to deal with Breloom which is a great benefit for this team, but Earthquake seemed to be the more reliable choice as it let him handle Gross, Heatran, and other TTar without having to resort to Crunch or Stone Egdes that usually don't KO.

Synergy: Fighting - Gliscor, Rotom
Ground - Gliscor , Rotom, Shaymin
Bug - Gliscor, Rotom, Heatran
Water - Shaymin, Milotic
Grass - Shaymin
Steel - Milotic, Rotom, Heatran

Changes: TTar is the member I want to change the most. He doesn't provide great synergy, and his sweeps are easily stopped by Scizor and Breloom. Help here would be greatly appreciated.

Threat List: Coming Soon.
Major threats to my team seem to be LO Starmie, Breloom, and Outrage.

Thanks to anyone who read this. I hope it was descriptive and easy enough to read so you can help get me out of my slump.

Nice team, I remember versing it a few days ago. There are two quick things that I would like to suggest to help your team.

First I would consider maxing Gliscor's speed so it can tie with other Gliscor which is extremely useful. It also lets you outspeed neutral base 100's that don't invest in Speed which is also important.

I would also try Ice Beam over either Toxic or Haze on Milotic; each one has their pros and cons so you can decide which one works best for you. Toxic stops bulky waters like Suicune and Vaporeon while Haze prevents Crocune from setting up on you though Surf doesn't do much so it might not always be a winning battle. As you said in the OP, Toxic+Recover is a nice stalling combo that you like to abuse so you might want to keep Toxic.

Hope these two changes help you. Best of luck!

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hello ParadoxFtw,

Solid team, I have a few suggestions that may benefit this team. To first start off this team has trouble with common leads such as Machamp , Colbur Berry Azelf and Swampert. While Machamp is granted at least one ko' on your team. Leads in the current meta game should be prepared for this common match up so you aren't placed at an immediate disadvantage. Same goes for Colbur Berry Azelf who in this situation out speeds and lets of a Taunt preventing you from setting up Stealth Rocks also being able to take a Lava Plume. With out Hidden Power [Grass] on Heatran you aren't able to effectively play against Swampert. Only being able to Taunt and considering they Earthquake turn one you are still played in a bad situation. I would suggest you use the following move set which allows you to play against the top leads more efficiently.

Heatran @ Life Orb | Flash Fire
Modest | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Overheat | Hidden Power [Grass] | Earthpower | Stealth Rock

By using this move set you are granted ko's against Machamp, Colbur Berry Azelf, Swampert, and opposing Heatrans with Shuca Berry. Unlike the Choice Specs move set you are granted the same ko's while not being stuck on one move allowing you to set up Stealth Rock easier with out switching back in and out. This out classes your current lead but due to the nature Modest you don't have max speed but against leads such as Dragonite your initial switch would be to Shaymin expecting Earthquake.

On your Milotic you run Haze which isn't necessary since in the OU meta game your main way to handle set up sweepers is relying on revenge killers. In this situation Milotic is out sped by DD Sweepers and every viable SD sweeper outspeed Miltoic as well. So you aren't always granted the Haze. As for CM sweepers such as Suicune you already have Shaymin and Rotom who can handle +1 Cune. With this said it would be more reasonable to run Hidden Power [Electric] seeing your LO Starmie weakness. Due to Calm Nature and 124 SpD Evs invested in Milotic you really dont have to worry about Starmie since you are able to switch in and Recover of the damage thus allowing you to strick back with HP Electric.

As for the Breloom weakness this team is better of using Celebi over Shaymin. Offensive Celebi easily switches into Breloom while being able to HP Fire to break the Breloom's Substitute and Recover of the damage from Focus Punch instantly. This patches up your Breloom weakness. By using Celebi you have the Cel/Tran core which basically have perfect synergey with one another.

Celebi @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Timid | 32 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Leaf Storm | Hidden Power Fire(or Hidden Power Ice) / Earth Power / Recover

A suggestion for Tyranitar is to use Taunt in the DD moveset allowing you to set up on walls such as Skarmory. Shutting down stall teams providing you an easier sweep in the long run. Due to Lum Berry you can easily set up two Dragon Dancers on Blissey by dancing first turn and taunting the next while they go for Toxic / Thunder-wave. Taunt used over Crunch while having Earthquake in the set over Fire Punch.
---
Good Luck :toast:

Thanks everybody, I will definitely try HP Electric and Ice Beam over Haze and I will try out both the Celebi and Hetran sets, and on Celebi should I use 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe or Max Spe / 224 SpA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)