Team SALT

I'm new to the entire pokemon competitive scene, but I've found fun in playing the UU metagame. I've tried creating teams on my own but I always end up on a losing streak. I know some of the problem is my lack of knowledge of the pokemon I am facing but I think that will come with time, and I just need a working team. So please could you give a look at this and help me out a little.

Sneasel @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd -SpAtk)
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Counter
- Ice Shard

I can't really make a list of match ups vs. leads, but normally I'll Taunt when I predict a SR/status move. I counter against Ambipoms because most of them don't know that Sneasel's ability negates flinching, so their fake-outs fail. I pursuit against any psychic type because 90% of the time they switch.

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
- Recover
- Surf
- Hidden Power (Grass)
- Ice Beam

I send this out against other bulky waters or to take most physical hits. I get stuck a lot with Chansey and Lanturn or other Milotics who just try to stall me out.

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/114 SpAtk
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Mainly to get rocks in, and get their rocks out. I like to keep it alive as long as the other users SRer is in play because SR gives Swellow a problem. I have trouble getting Spiritombs out who block the rapid spin. Those who predict well normally get their Spiritomb in before me.

Weezing @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpAtk
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Haze

This helps me with Venasaur and also bulky pokemon who curse. I'll be lucky if I can get a haze on on Dragon Dancer or Swords Dancer but that's basically what Haze is for. FT and TB are for coverage and pain split allows me to heal.

Swellow @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
- U-Turn
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Pursuit

Great at revenge killing anything that's not steel, but takes a hit from SR which is why claydol is there. Flame Orb takes advantage of Guts to get an automatic +1 attack. Outspeeds nearly anything that isn't Scarfed in UU.

Blaziken @ Choice Band
Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/252 SpDef
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Punch

He's good to have in times where I just need something fainted with good type coverage.

I'm willing on changing any pokemon, or any set. If I find the changed set doesn't suit me I can always change back,

Phew. Man i'm still just like you :)
I try to make teams, but mostly they will end up in losing streaks. What we see here is quite an unbalanced team. The overall type coverage may be OK, but what you end up with is a team, where all your six pokémon have to individually defeat there opponents, and they all have movesets, that are just necessairy for the type coverage. My point is that the team doesn't really have a strategy, and this is what the opponent will pick up on. Your team is to defense based i think, and if you use Flame Orb Swellow, i suggest helping it set up. Get pokémon to inflict status, and clear the field a bit, so Swellow can nicely sweep away.

Hi there Harpwn,

Let's break this rating into little parts to make it easier for both me and you;p

1)Sneasel is a decent lead but it loses to the vast majority and while preventing most pokemon from setting up entry hazards it cannot set up any of it's own. Furthermore it doesn't compliment your team midgame or lategame as even pokemon it can pursuit for hard damage are faster and can OHKO it. While I would like to change it to another lead I would have to change a few other pokeon so I'll leave it how it is.

2) Claydol is a decent spinner but it's typing is dreadful. A good might be to replace it with Donphan, a solid defensive wall pairing up nicely with Weezing, then you can make milotic a bit more specially defensive to take hits from LO moltres and NP houndoom.

Donphan@Leftovers
-Earthquake
-stealth rock
-rapid spin
-Ice shard/Head smash
252hp/100att/150def/8speed
impish

Milotic@leftovers
-Surf
-Toxic
-Ice beam
-Recover
252hp/100def/150sp.def/8speed Calm
The reason who im recommending toxic is that you have nothing to really deal with other bulky Milotic whom the majority carry toxic. You can also dismantle CM pokemon such as Slowbro and Golduck, stalling them out with toxic+recover.

I don't use Blazkien often so I don't know how viable the banded set is but if it doesn't work to well for you try the mixed life orb set.

Finally, a minor nitpick. Change Flame orb for Toxic orb on Swellow, swellow won't be staying in for more than a couple of turns and poison does less till the 4th turn so it's a HP saver.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the advice both of you. I'll make the changes you suggested and update the thread later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)