Hard-hitting with little support.

So, my play style is entirely about hitting hard and fast, with little or no support. Fast-paced, short matches are my favourites and I don't mind taking risks. Sometimes I have serious trouble remembering to take a supporting pokemon in my team, but I took a few of my pokemon with the best results in battles, and eliminated some until I had 6 left.
Anyway, let's get down to why you're here:

LEAD:

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs:220 Atk/36 Sp Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Shadow Ball
- Extremespeed
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

One of my favourite leads. Shadow ball hits opposing psychic types like mewtwo or the common Deoxys-D. Extremespeed for some priority if I'd be forced to switch out if my opponent runs a deoxys-A lead too (or whatever other reason) and I need to use it as sweeper. Ice Beam hits most dragon types, no explanation needed. Superpower remains for any steel types like dialga, but hurts in the long run, which is why I rather switch out when i'm facing them early.

PHYSICAL SWEEPER:

Giratina-O @ Griseous orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 86 HP/216 Atk/96 Sp Def/112 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

With the strong special attacks being thrown around in the ubers metagame and many people focusing on surviving them, thus ignoring physical defenses, my Giratina-O can truly shine. With this set he can hide behind the substitute first, then sweep entire teams! (No dramatization used) This turned out to be my most effective pokemon on my entire team in many battles, and it really exploits it's underestimated bulk with a substitute to sweep without having to fear any specsed kyogres, mewtwo's, or any other powerful sweepers.

SUPPORT:

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/140 Sp Atk/116 Sp Def
Nature: Modest
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Dragon pulse
- Thunder

My main supporter. I chose modest over Timid to make eliminating hazard blockers with it easier. No real explanation, just the basic support set for Dialga.

REVENGE KILLER/SPECIAL SWEEPER:

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Ahh, the nasty kyogre, always hurting many threats and the scarf lets it outpace many opponents to devastate them with water spout. Surf is the basic replacement if kyogre's hurt, ice beam hits all dragon types, lugia, etc. and thunder hits ho-oh, lugia, and alot others for a fair amount of damage.

SLEEP SUPPORT:

Darkrai @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bad dreams
EVs: 252 HP/4 Sp Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Dark Void
- Ominous Wind
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
My edited original darkrai: the original had nightmare instead of substitute, but it had trouble defeating any early bird pokemon, and ANY who avoided dark void. This new set has the opportunity to either put them to sleep, the substitute and heal again with dream eater, or substitute first, then safely try to put them to sleep. Dark pulse is mainly a filler option, but it's reliable anyway.
EDIT: Removed dream eater and replaced with ominous wind, perfect for defeating the weakened remainders and get a stat boost chance.

SPECIAL SWEEPER:

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/126 Def/252 Sp Atk/126 Sp Def
Nature: Modest
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Aura Sphere
Ahhh, there's not a single uber team for me WITHOUT mewtwo in it. he's my god, my master, my...
Right, let's get serious again.
Ice Beam hits all the dragon types, and together with Aura Sphere, hits nearly all ubers. Substitute is to safely throw moves at my opponents without risking being taken out when my life orb took away the little bit of life he needed to survive. Recover is mainly on all of my mewtwo sets because it gives very reliable recovery.

Well, there you have it, many common threats in the ubers metagame, with many supporting each other in one way or another. Changes will be in red and possible changes which I first want to test and am testing will be in dark red.

Firstly, you have the fundamental errors with building a ubers team.

You have no dragon resist. Say hi to sacrificing or crippling one of your pokes for every DM coming in!

You have no kyogre counter. The most used poke in the game will, with a specs, 2HKO every single thing in your team.

Add in a steel like jirachi or scizor and put in palkia or latias in your team. dream eater is useless because everyone switches when their poke gets slept.

Your team can't really wallbreak too well so I suggest, changing darkrai to a sub punch set and maybe running the mixed set with SR on dialga.

Firstly, you have the fundamental errors with building a ubers team.

You have no dragon resist. Say hi to sacrificing or crippling one of your pokes for every DM coming in!

You have no kyogre counter. The most used poke in the game will, with a specs, 2HKO every single thing in your team.

Add in a steel like jirachi or scizor and put in palkia or latias in your team. dream eater is useless because everyone switches when their poke gets slept.

Your team can't really wallbreak too well so I suggest, changing darkrai to a sub punch set and maybe running the mixed set with SR on dialga.
You probably haven't read well... my strategy is, that if any dragon would come out, I can use practically every pokemon to defeat them, risky, but doable, 2nd, 3 of my pokemon resist water type, 2 have reliable recovery, and 1 has offensive stats so ridiculous he could easily knock it out.
I considered palkia and latias both, however found out if I used them this team would get it's biggest power from the rain, and furthermore, I tried every single set on smogon, and none of them turned out to be decent at all, or just not fitting in my playing style.
You got a point with dream eater tough.
And about wallbreaking... This team was made up with having counters that are either weak to any one of their moves, or a blissey. Now, blissey can't hurt me well because the moment I see one I switch to my physical guys or darkrai. Darkrai is actually great in disabling counters if needed, much because of the fact that nearly everyone switches when they fall asleep, it almost forces them to switch, making him not just a counter disabler, but also useful as a scout (considering there is no sleep clause).
So, you only told me what was wrong, for most things you didn't give any options for improval, and the only one thing I haven't got a defending argument for not changing, is one single move... >.> (altough it IS useful for healing if you've got a sleep talk/snore user... usually heals more than you get damaged)

No, you are wrong. Ray comes in giratina-o. Uh oh. Scarf palkia comes in. Uh oh. You get the point. I'm certain I know a little more about ubers than you. Since when was there no sleep clause? What is this played on? Also, if sub CM kyogre switches in, your team is practically dead. Ominous wind also sucks as it has same coverage as dark pulse, is half the power, and boost chance is 10%. Focus blast provides way more coverage.

im gonna have to agree with calze here... this team needs some serious help. Your team is obliterated by a sword dance arceus, any competent dragon user scratch that any competent user, and stall kills this team.

I second the use of a cb or specially bulky scizor on this team. Use it over deoxys and move giratina o to the lead and change it to lead set (look on smogon in the mixed attacker section). Make that dialga a mixed attacker to deal with stall once again. I dont remember the set off the top of my head. Turn that darkrai into a void/nasty plot sweeper with focus blast and dark pulse. As for mewtwo, I would recommend a groudon. Either the bulky or the rock polish sweeper will do.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)