Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am well aware of Smogon's policy of dream world abilities but would it be illegal for a Zapdos to have:
The lightning rod ability with Heat Wave?

I know atm the whole Lightning rod ability is illegal with Smogon standards but would Heat wave with it be illegal if you were to allow DW abilties for a battle?
It'd be illegal since Zapdos gets Heat Wave in Gen 4 only, and a DW Zapdos is Gen 5 only. Don't think of it as "illegal", think of it as "impossible".

I am well aware of Smogon's policy of dream world abilities but would it be illegal for a Zapdos to have:
The lightning rod ability with Heat Wave?

I know atm the whole Lightning rod ability is illegal with Smogon standards but would Heat wave with it be illegal if you were to allow DW abilties for a battle?
as heatwave is a 4th gen tutor, it would be illegal, unless i am mistaken and there is another way to teach it heat wave in 5th gen, and the only way to get dream world pokemon is straight from 5th, so no way to pass it from 4th and still have lightning rod.

as heatwave is a 4th gen tutor, it would be illegal, unless i am mistaken and there is another way to teach it heat wave in 5th gen, and the only way to get dream world pokemon is straight from 5th, so no way to pass it from 4th and still have lightning rod.
It'd be illegal since Zapdos gets Heat Wave in Gen 4 only, and a DW Zapdos is Gen 5 only. Don't think of it as "illegal", think of it as "impossible".
Thank You. I guess my the only possible way is to have one with Pressure and to have it transferred from DPPtHGSS.

Thanks for clearing that up.

For pokemon inheriting natures from parents using everstone, is bw the same as hgss where either parent holding the everstone will work, or is it the same as dppt where only the female can pass down the nature?

For pokemon inheriting natures from parents using everstone, is bw the same as hgss where either parent holding the everstone will work, or is it the same as dppt where only the female can pass down the nature?
not a large sample size, but i got 3 out of 5 with the same nature when a male was holding the everstone.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Does anybody know what the new "mystery egg" you can get over wifi is? Serebii mentioned it, but didn't say what would hatch.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2010/11/g101105_01.html?a001=news
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/articles/922/
The Official Japanese Pokémon Website has announced a new Wi-Fi event that loosely ties in with the new series: Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! In Best Wishes episode 12, which airs on Thursday, December 9th, 2010, Satoshi will receive an egg.

A special Pokémon Mystery Egg event for Pokémon Black and White will start of December 17th, 2010 and will end on January 11th, 2011. Players can only receive one egg per game and the egg will hatch into one of three random Pokémon. The event will be available via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, at Nintendo Zone locations (such as participating McDonalds), and DS Station locations.
Does not say which pokemon but at least we know 3 different kinds of pokemon will hatch.

Edit: While searching google, I found a gamespot thread talking about it and someone said they could be meguroco, koaruhie and zuruggu based on leaked anime art of that episode. I'm not sure how reliable that is though.

@ Shining Kestral

Thanks for the recommendations. It was quite tedious, but I managed to get a decently-formatted warstory up. Please check it out, let me know what you think!

Does anyone find the Rotom-Flying formes to be a little redundant with Levitate? Or is there a merit in that? I thought changes like these are just plain miscalculated.

@Sei Yeah, I think Game Freak messed up on that one. It just goes to show that all of us make mistakes. I imagine they're hearing complaints about it more times a day than there are possible combinations of IVs.

Anyone can explain how to use the pokeshifter?

I have 2 NDS, one with Pokemon Black cartridge and the other one with HG cartridge, both are japanese version.

The problem is: I went to route 15 in my pokemon black, I talk to the scientist guy, and I finally arrive at the loading screen. Now, what should I do to my HG cart?
Where should I go to connect my HG to my Black?

Anyone can explain how to use the pokeshifter?

I have 2 NDS, one with Pokemon Black cartridge and the other one with HG cartridge, both are japanese version.

The problem is: I went to route 15 in my pokemon black, I talk to the scientist guy, and I finally arrive at the loading screen. Now, what should I do to my HG cart?
Where should I go to connect my HG to my Black?
If you're doing everything correctly, you will see a japanese explanation with a screenshot from the DSi menu highlighting the 'Download Play' option.

When this is up, you must start Download Play on your other DS with Pokémon HG in it. It will find a programm for you to download, allowing you to the minigame transfer pokémon from HG to Black.

I hope this helped you out.

I have 7 Badges can I go to the Dream World and get Arceus.

I am having trouble. I have an account set up, but when I click on WiFi in my C-Gear I ain't getting through to choosing a Pokemon to send. I get this instead:

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

DONE IT. :)

Does anyone find the Rotom-Flying formes to be a little redundant with Levitate? Or is there a merit in that? I thought changes like these are just plain miscalculated.
Perhaps it is so, in Mystery Dungeon 4, it gets to enjoy all the benefits of a Flying-type while being completely immune to Ground, instead of just resisting it like all the other Flying-types in the game.

Nope, there's no need for a megathread when the whole forum is about BW.
Ok I contacted them. I pre ordered on the 5th of July.. IIRC the box arts werent even up yet when I pre ordered. They did the same thing for D/P also, having the pre orders up during the 4th of July weekend... so I just compulsively checked it till it was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)