Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kirby king
You are the pokemon Rapper.
catch a Kangaskhan and name it Gangsta.
It must solo one of every pokemon from the Pokemon Gangsta rap without the use of items by the time you defeat the Pokemon League (excluding Kangaskhan's. Anything you solo may be wild if that pokemon exists in the wild but if you can try to use a Trainers).
The list is: Pikachu, Arbok, Meowth, Rhydon (Rival's), Rapidash (Blaine's and/or wild on the Islands), Charmander (one or two random trainers), Butterfree (be careful, I believe there is only 1, it is level 15-20 directly north of Vermillion City), and Bellsprout.

Also, you must memorize the chorus before you challenge the elite 4.
<<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQoN6AoS1M>>

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@Kirbyking, you get the Jynx you trade for in Cerulean City. You MUST trade a level 25 or lower Poliwhirl (you can catch level 25 and lower Poliwhirls with a Super Rod throughout Kanto, or evolving Poliwag at level 25). After receiving Jynx she must be your highest level Pokemon. Her Moveset must be Lovely Kiss, Fake Tears, Psychic/Shadow Ball, Ice Beam/Blizzard. She must solo Giovanni's Nidoqueen in Silph Co., and Giovanni's Nidoqueen and Nidoking in Viridian Gym.

Okay, that's six... Oh my. Well, I guess I DID ask for it.

Anywho, recap time!

Clefairy (EpicRandom): Only move is metronome once gotten. First type it gets, must solo a pokemon of that type from a gym leader or E4 member.

???: Clefairy's first 4 moves of metronome all together for a pokemon. If impossible, any pokemon with no damaging moves. Pokemon cannot evolve, and must have the lowest BST out of all choices.

Golbat (RBG): Evolve before Rock Tunnel. Can only know moves from RBY. Cannot evolve to Crobat(Everstone anyone?)

Charmander (Nickname to be given later): Only stab move ember until Charizard. Then, only fly. Must solo Lorelai.

Kangaskhan (Gangsta): Must KO before league, Pikachu, Arbok, Meowth, Rhydon (Rival's), Rapidash, Charmander, Butterfree, and Bellsprout. Prefer trainers, but doesn't have to be... Meaning I'll skip a lot of trainers until I get that annoying thing.

Jynx(Nickname... Whatever it comes with): Must trade 25 or lower Poliwhirl, then must be highest level. Moveset must be Lovely Kiss, Fake Tears, Psychic/Shadow Ball, Ice Beam/Blizzard. Must solo Giovanni's Nidoqueen both times, and his Nidoking in gym.

Random question time!

The variable pokemon. If all four moves are on an evolved pokemon, would I auto-get that one? Or go to a non-attacking one?

Jynx. Considering by that time I will have pokemon a lot more powerful, just for confirming, as soon as I get it, I have to raise it to be highest level, right? Not auto-death if it's not?

Edit: And for the sake of my sanity, I probably won't memorize that rap. If I try to, my history homework might suddenly include a random answer of Pikachu... I can try to an extent, but... yeah. And I'll be gone for thanksgiving while I do this anyway without much internet. So... Yeah.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cannot evolve to Crobat(Everstone anyone?)
Don't need one. I tried to get a Crobat to beat Koga with on FireRed a few years ago & the game magically prevented Golbat from evolving, without an Everstone attached or anything. It won't evolve until you get the National Dex, if you plan to go that far.

Good luck. :)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Jynx. Considering by that time I will have pokemon a lot more powerful, just for confirming, as soon as I get it, I have to raise it to be highest level, right? Not auto-death if it's not?
Correct, you'll have to raise it to the highest level as soon as you get it.

If I recall though you can get a Poliwag pretty early. As soon as you get the Good Rod, Poliwag becomes available to you.

And it looks like I have my 6th for my FireRed scramble (a little late getting to it). Will update my post with my party.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
It also looks like you have a typo in a nn. Can we have confirmation that Golbat should be RBG rather than RBY?

I'm giving up on the Emerald Scramble that probably everyone has forgot about (pg. 65 XD), and starting a new one. Rules are...

• I will refuse anything that requires grinding, or is just plain boring to use (Such as a Pokemon with no damaging moves, that has to solo Pokemon by PP stalling)
  • At least one Pokemon with a Sleep move, to catch all the legendaries
  • At least one Pokemon from Petalburg Woods or earlier
  • To make it more interesting, I'm banning all the Pokemon I've used a lot. This includes Blaziken, Swampert, Sharpedo, Breloom, Manectric, Ninjask, Shedinja, Gardevoir, Slaking, Salamence, Magneton, and their pre-evolutions.

Looking for some creative and fun challenges, with some Pokemon that typically aren't used much :)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take a Skitty, and name it Skitteh. As soon as it gets to Level 19, teach it Assist and solo two of Wattson's Pokemon and one of Flannery's with only Assist.

It may evolve after that. It must solo three Admins or either team, two of which only using the move Assist.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Also reserve. 5 Minutes.

EDIT: Okay, auramaster, you get a Spinda. It must always know Hypnosis, Dizzy Punch and Teeter Dance, just because all Spinda should. It should also solo a gym leader, or have all of Tate and Liza's Pokemon KO'd by Spinda or Confusion induced by Spinda. It should be called "Dizzy", and you can only progress past the Pokemon League after a confusion-inducing move has been used on Dizzy (you may switch). Finally, It must solo 10 Pokemon from the League or from Steven before every Pokemon on your team can be fully evolved.

Mind if I try my luck in giving a pokemon?

Auramaster, for a bit creative, take Treeko as your starter. When caught, it was struck on the head to think it was Road Runner. But, since that nickname just doesn't sound quite right, call it by the main phrase. Your treeko must be nicknamed "Beep Beep".

Because it thinks it's so fast and smart, it must also be. It must know both Agility and Quick attack. Other two moves don't really matter, but cannot be Pursuit. Road Runner usually runs away, not after.

And finally, since it still hates Coyotes, it cannot fight any dog-like pokemon, unless in a trainer battle. But, while in a trainer battle, if you fight a dog-like pokemon with it, you must continually play through many explosions on Wile E. Coyote through your mind, or other comical scenes like that. And, if it is with the Poochyena given in a double battle, it can only use Agility or Quick attack. If not obtained yet, then it cannot attack the same target as Poochyena.

Too specific, or is that good?

lkk, that's fine. Atheno, I can't beat the Elite 4 unless Spinda's hit with a confusion move? And does it have to be confused (Work around Own Tempo)? Still need 2 more

EDIT: 1 more needed

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
auramaster, take the Castform you get from the Weather Institute.

You must then go to the name rater & give it a nickname (The Institute gives you an unicknamed one), either Sun, Rain, or Hail.

If you name it Sun, It must know & keep Sunny Day, Ember/Fire Blast, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Sunny Day when the weather isn't Sun.
If you name it Rain, It must know & keep Rain Dance, Water Gun/Thunder, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Rain Dance when the weather isn't Rain.
If you name it Hail, It must know & keep Hail, Powder Snow/Blizzard, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Hail when the weather isn't Hail.

Have fun.

I'd be game to try this out. I can't promise I'll get through this quickly due to real life, but I'd be willing to receive the challenge, at least. Here are my conditions:
- Playing Fire Red Version
- No legendaries
- Emulator, so I can't trade
- One of the Pokemon accepted must be one of the starter Pokemon (any one's fine. Just please! Save one for me!)
- Not frustratingly hard, I haven't tried a Scramble challenge yet.

@RedMeowth, take a Spearow named Terra. By the time you leave Celadon, it cannot know two moves of the same type.

Also, got my team, thanks everyone for the Pokemon.

chocolate-kipp said:
Take a Poochyena. Have it solo Brawly to evolve. Also, name him "Cuddles".
Looking forward to trying out Mightyena, will probably skip Brawly until after Flannery or Norman though :P

Detroitlolcat said:
Take a Skitty, and name it Skitteh. As soon as it gets to Level 19, teach it Assist and solo two of Wattson's Pokemon and one of Flannery's with only Assist.

It may evolve after that. It must solo three Admins or either team, two of which only using the move Assist.
Should be a tricky challenge, will probably leave Skitty unevolved though to fit Atheno's requirements, so it'll be more supportive then an offensive threat.

Athenodoros said:
Okay, auramaster, you get a Spinda. It must always know Hypnosis, Dizzy Punch and Teeter Dance, just because all Spinda should. It should also solo a gym leader, or have all of Tate and Liza's Pokemon KO'd by Spinda or Confusion induced by Spinda. It should be called "Dizzy", and you can only progress past the Pokemon League after a confusion-inducing move has been used on Dizzy (you may switch). Finally, It must solo 10 Pokemon from the League or from Steven before every Pokemon on your team can be fully evolved.
This is gonna be fun :) Between this and Skitty's Attract, the computer will almost never get a chance to attack.

loudkirbyking said:
Auramaster, for a bit creative, take Treeko as your starter. When caught, it was struck on the head to think it was Road Runner. But, since that nickname just doesn't sound quite right, call it by the main phrase. Your treeko must be nicknamed "Beep Beep".

Because it thinks it's so fast and smart, it must also be. It must know both Agility and Quick attack. Other two moves don't really matter, but cannot be Pursuit. Road Runner usually runs away, not after.

And finally, since it still hates Coyotes, it cannot fight any dog-like pokemon, unless in a trainer battle. But, while in a trainer battle, if you fight a dog-like pokemon with it, you must continually play through many explosions on Wile E. Coyote through your mind, or other comical scenes like that. And, if it is with the Poochyena given in a double battle, it can only use Agility or Quick attack. If not obtained yet, then it cannot attack the same target as Poochyena.
The Treecko line is one of my favorites, and Leaf Blade is the best attack in Emerald, so he might be MVP.

Its A Random said:
auramaster, take the Castform you get from the Weather Institute.

You must then go to the name rater & give it a nickname (The Institute gives you an unicknamed one), either Sun, Rain, or Hail.

If you name it Sun, It must know & keep Sunny Day, Ember/Fire Blast, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Sunny Day when the weather isn't Sun.
If you name it Rain, It must know & keep Rain Dance, Water Gun/Thunder, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Rain Dance when the weather isn't Rain.
If you name it Hail, It must know & keep Hail, Powder Snow/Blizzard, Weather Ball & a move of your choice. It must use Hail when the weather isn't Hail.

Have fun.
Will probably go with Rain, STAB Water Weather Ball + 100% accuracy Thunder + Ice Beam = :)

Plusle said:
Take a plusle and call it Minus. Every gym battle it must use flash 2 times. (as soon as you get flash)
Pretty plain compared to others, but with Plusle's support movepool and decent Special Attack, it should be a helpful party member. Also, just noticed it gets Metronome :)

@RedMeowth, Take a Squirtle for you starter. Your Squirtle used to be a member of the Squirtle squad until Prof Oak saved him, however now he is free he wants to resume his role. So as soon as BlackGlasses are available (Rocket Hideout) he must always hold them. He must have this move set by the E4 :
-Bite
-Hydro Pump/ Hydro Cannon
-Brick Break/ Iron Tail
-Skull Bash/ Return
To evolve to Wartortle it must solo Misty, and to evolve into Blastoise it must solo Giovanni. However if it faints in one of these fights it can evolve whenever but it must have the moveset:
Hyper Beam
Hydro Cannon
Skull Bash
Dig
Call it Panda Eyes

RedMeowth, take a Weezing. No restrictions whatsoever.

Looking forward to trying out Mightyena, will probably skip Brawly until after Flannery or Norman though :P
Good idea, though you have to beat Brawly before you battle Norman. He'll only battle you once you have 4 badges, which includes Brawly's.

Idiot question, and i might be missing the joke here, but you can do that? Like, in Emerald, you can skip Brawly? Since when? I thought Briney only took you to Slateport after Brawly, though i only really bothered with Sapphire and never really cared for Ruby of Emerald so what do i know.

@Treadshot, Technically the only thing you have to do to get to Slateport is deliver that letter to Steven in Granite cave. After that, Briney'll take you to Slateport to drop off the package with Stern, and the story proceeds.

So ash overworked his treecko and taillow in the anime for nothing, then, since he could have just skipped Brawly. Who knew Ash was that dumb? Lol

Anyways, good to know. I don't even remember where I'm up to in my Emerald.

@RedMeowth: Take a Meowth (duh). In order to evolve, it must Pickup ten items and earn you $5000 with Pay Day. Once it evolves, it may not attack until two Trainers are dumb enough to use a Paralysis-inducing move (Stun Spore, Thunder Wave) on it. Name it Gatherer.

@Everyone who has posted something about Brawly: Having played Emerald numerous times, I know for a fact that until you beat Brawly, there will be Team Aqua (I think Aqua, maybe Magma) dopes blocking the road north of Slateport. (I only know this because one time Brawly kept KOing my team, so I ended up overleveling them in Granite Cave.)

@RedMeowth Alright you get a gastly named "#@%& YOU" (if any of those symbols are unavailable use whichever ones you like) This gastly hates EVERYTHING! so it curses anything it comes across. Now to make this easier it only has to use curse against any gym leader or E4 it is used against (and it only has to use curse once per leader/e4) but to evolve it must solo 1 trainer pokemon with curse alone. (and can obviously never evolve to gengar since you can't trade)
Good luck.
EDIT: @kipp he was already given his starter a squirtle. another EDIT: it also has to solo misty >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)