So I just got back into pokemon again(OU RMT)

ok so I got back into competitive pokemon and I decided that I wanted to base a team around Tyranitar since it's been one of my faves for a long time but I never really used it competitively.

So I noticed that Tyranitar has trouble dealing with swampert and other ground pokemon so I added Celebi because not only does it cover Tyranitar's weaknesses but it also gets rid of pokemon that prevent T-Tar from sweeping effectively.

Next I added my favorite revenge killer and second favorite pokemon of all time Scizor.

As I begin looking at this team I notice that I have a huge weakness to Infernape so to fix this I added Bulky Gyarados.

Now I'm thinking of a lead. I chose Swampert because he's a good lead and he covers Gyarados, Scizor and Celebi well.

Now fo the last spot I noticed I had a glaring problem against other Gyarados and I know that Rotom would be the best option(plus it covers T-Tar's weaknesses) but I want to use this team on wifi so Rotom is out of the question.

So i went with Magnezone. to cover my gyarados weakness, and to get rid of Scizor's that get in the way of T-Tar. So here's a closer look at the team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed(+def -speed)
EVs: 240 HP, 216 Def, 52 SpD
Moves
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock
Protect

Summary: Swampert is my lead but its also my main way to get rid of Dragonite. After Stealth Rock I'll either swtich swamper out to save him for later or Ice Beam/EarthQuake their lead. Protect helps me see what attacks they'll use and it helps Swampert Recover HP. Swampert covers T-Tar, Scizor, Magnezone and Gyarados.

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly(+Spd, -SpA)
EV: 12 HP, 252 attack, 244 Spd
Moves
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Super Power
U Turn

Summary: Scizor my oh so reliable revenge killer. Choice Scarf Scizor is very interesting because of Scizor's immense attack, coupled with a choice scarf makes for a slightly more reliable revenge killer than the Choice Band Version.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant(+attack, SpA)
EV: 156HP, 72 attack, 96 Def, 184 Spd
Moves
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Taunt
Stone Edge

Summary: Gyarados is just amazing, and he's my counter for Infernapes plus he's just a beast overall. I went with Bulky Gyarados so it could survive longer since it's purpose isn't to take down an entire team(Although it can after a Dragon dance or two lol)

Celebi@ Leftovers
Modest(+SpA -attack)
EV: 232 HP, 36 SpD, 240, Special attack
Moves
Leafstorm
Thunder Wave
Leech Seed
Rest

Summary: Celebi's main job is to weaken opposition with paralysis and to get rid of Tyranitar's main counters. Thunder Wave into Leech Seed allows me to weaken another pokemon and with the Above EVs Celebi will always at least paralyze another person's pokemon making my other pokemon's jobs alot easier. Celebi also covers Swampert and Tyranitar's weaknesses well.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Magnet Pull
Naive(+Spd, -SpD)
EV: 4 attack, 252 spd, 252 Special attack
Moves
Explosion
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
HP(Fire)

Summary: Magnezone is my answer to Gyarados and Scizor. Magnezone can OHKO Gyarados since that's one of the problematic pokemon for the team and it can trap and OHKO scizor with HP Fire.

Tyranitar @ Life orb
Jolly(+Spd, -SpA)
EV: 4 HP, 252 attack, 252 speed
Moves
Dragon Dance
Rock Slide
Crunch
Fire Punch

Summary: Tyranitar the main pokemon of the team. He comes out once his Counters have been cleared and after a Dragon dance or two STAB Rock Slide and Crunch do lots of damage. I went with Rockslide over Stone Edge because I prefer the accuracy and the flinching is also nice.

Well that's my team please comment and suggest fixes :)

You really need to expand your rates so a mod doesn't lock this. Add descriptions about EVs, moves etc...

Anyways, Fire Punch on Tyranitar without using a Babiri Berry is quite useless. Besides, your Magnezone should dispose of Scizor, so Fire Punch isn't even necessary on T-Tar. I'd suggest making the item a Shuca Berry and running Ice Punch in the last slot. Reason being is that Scarfed Flygons are everywhere today and they are most teams' way of taking DDTar out.

On Celebi, you need 36 Spe EVs, not SpD EVs. You outspeed max Speed T-Tar that way.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cool team.

Rating upon request. Hi there, it seems you have constructed quite a solid team as it's able to capably counter many of the common sweepers in OU, while also being able to simultaneously keep up its own momentum, in preparation for Tyranitar to sweep. However, I do see some Pokemon that could essentially present major threats if given the chance to set up; these include dragon dance Dragonite, bulky dragon dance Gyarados, substitute Gengar, offensive Shaymin and offensive Starmie. All of these threats, if given the opportunity to set up, or even switch in, in the case of Shaymin and Starmie can cause major problems if your key checks have been weakened or even eliminated from the battle. Note that you're using Scizor to revenge kill most of these threats and since the likes of Magnazone and Gyarados are common teammates to all of the aforementioned threats, Scizor will be at low health if not eliminated when these threatening Pokemon come in to set up a possible sweep.

[box]

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SpDef
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- U-turn[/box]
Before I start with the "larger" suggestion, I'm going to recommend a couple of smaller changes to the sets of your Pokemon. First of all, I suggest testing out earthquake on Gyarados, probably over taunt, as this change will help the sea serpent better deal with the likes of Lucario; also, I recommend replacing the life orb on Tyranitar with a lum berry, as well as replacing rock slide with stone edge. These changes will help Tyranitar to set up on a larger multitude of opponents; I know that the accuracy drop in stone edge isn't very nice, but late game, when Tyranitar attempts a sweep, you're going to need all the power you can get to break through bulkier Pokemon who may have survived till the end of the battle. Moving on: I suggest replacing either Scizor or Magnazone with a choice scarf Flygon (the set is shown above for easy reference); I recommend removing latter Pokemon as its key job of defeating Scizor is already accomplished by Gyarados. Flygon can generally help with all of the threats I had mentioned before through its awesome offensive prowess and great speed; the dragon also helps keep up momentum, a factor that your team needs to succeed. I hope this has helped and good luck!

I added Flygon but I chose to get rid of Scizor because Flygon does its job as a revenge killer and Mangezone helps against Skarmory.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Definitely expand your descriptions for Swampert Celebi and Magnezone, if you don't I'll have to lock this thread under rule 3.

Hi LordAizen,

This team doesn't look to shabby. The first thing I noticed was a massive Gyarados weakness. Magnezone is not a very reliable Gyarados counter because it outspeeds after one Dance and it often carries Earthquake. Basically, if Gyarados carries Earthquake, the match is as good as over for you. To help with this weakness and retain most of your original synergy, I suggest that you use Scarf Rotom-a instead of Scarf Magnezone. It still has a handy resistance to Electric attacks as well as being able to switch into Scizor a few times. Scizor isn't a huge issue for you anyways, so the lowered bulk isn't going to break your team apart. Here is the set:

Rotom-a @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Trick
-Overheat / Hydro Pump
Good luck with the team!

Thanks for the rate.

Alright I'll try out Rotom in place of Magnezone and see how it goes.

@haunter: I'll edit the descriptions after thanksgiving :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)